OT: I'm gonna get a new phone, which should I get?

Loobs

• Members

I can't say my computer's ever 'broken'. How hard is rooting it? I've just been reading up on it a bit. What are the advantages of it?

Rooting just gives you massive amounts of freedom. Makes it up to you what apps are and aren't allowed to change really.

Putting a new ROM in is extremely easy, rooting is pretty easy tbh http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/ZTE_Blade_(Gen2):_Root_and_Recovery is all you need to do to root my phone

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Shoulda got the iPhone man. They did it right. iOS is the smoothest OS out of all the "phone os's". Can't beat it. It just works, does exactly what you what it to do, no hassle. It's got a smaller screen for a reason, a lot of thought goes into the ergonomics of Apple products.

Both my roommates just switched from droids to iPhones and they couldnt be happier.

• Members

If you want a phone made of glass that's almost guaranteed to get smashed, get the iPhone.

Dropped mine 3 times no cracked glass, just a tiny dent on the side.

Seen an HTC get destroyed from a fall off of a rolling line at work, and thats about waist high.

iPhones are made of Gorilla Glass which is about 30 times harder than plastic.

When it comes to dropping phones, it's all about how much God loves you, anything can break if you don't sing your hymns.

• Members

i've had my iphone for a year and a half, nada.

i smashed my old 3g, was a pretty simple repair job tho, found a new screen and kit on ebay for like 30 bucks.

then i smashed my new 4s after like a month :lol: dropped it TWICE on the same day running around toronto right onto the hard asphalt, fell out of my jacket pocket both times (never again :mad: ) and yea, a small corner of the glass cracked a bit. the screen itself was fine though. had to pay 200 bucks to apple and they gave me a brand new iphone 4s (company covered the cost thank god)

• Members

I switched from an HTC phone under WP7.5 to an iPhone 4S a couple of months ago. While there's a few cool things about the iPhone (essentially hardware: screen, battery life, camera), I miss the WP environment. I see a WP8 phone in my future...

• Members

Yes. When jailbroken.

and super un-customizeable when not. apple's deathgrip over iphone customization and the app store is my biggest problem with the iphone. i guess it makes it a more user friendly device overall, especially for non-technologically-savvy users. but still it would be nice to be able to change the appearance, lock slider and all sorts of things. plus its just ridiculous some of the apps they refuse to allow in the app-store

• Members

and super un-customizeable when not. apple's deathgrip over iphone customization and the app store is my biggest problem with the iphone. i guess it makes it a more user friendly device overall, especially for non-technologically-savvy users. but still it would be nice to be able to change the appearance, lock slider and all sorts of things. plus its just ridiculous some of the apps they refuse to allow in the app-store

I dunno. Android users always compare rooted Androids to stock iPhones. Fair is fair. Jailbreaking is a one-click process. One reasonable complaint with Android is that less than 3% of phones are running the latest OS.

• Members

Dropped mine 3 times no cracked glass, just a tiny dent on the side.

Seen an HTC get destroyed from a fall off of a rolling line at work, and thats about waist high.

iPhones are made of Gorilla Glass which is about 30 times harder than plastic.

When it comes to dropping phones, it's all about how much God loves you, anything can break if you don't sing your hymns.

No matter how much people defend them, I've NEVER seen another phone with a cracked screen. Now I know they're popular, but I've seen a LOT of iphones with smashed up screens. Hopefully they'll fix it with the new one. Cos I don't really give a {censored} about adding pointless dongles and gizmos to my phone like on android, minimalism suits me fine - I've got other more important things to be getting on with.

• Members

iPhone if you want more (and better) apps, ease-of-use, accessories compatibility,
better battery life
, and easier customization.

Android if you want a bigger screen and/or hate Apple.

I have a backup battery I swap out of my phone. two batteries are going to last longer than one.

Archived