Stage collapse at Radiohead in Toronto.

TomCTC

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I just got back from being on my way there. Don't care about the show it's so shitty someone died. It apparently happened right around 5pm which is when the gates were to open. Just imagine if all the early goers rushed the stage and then that happened. It's a beautiful day out with barely any wind so I can only assume someone didn't do their job properly at some level. Poor dude.... :(

• Members

moaj sent to the injured and the family of the person that died.

you'd think radiohead would send moaj. instead they coldly just post this on their twitter:

Due to unforeseen circumstances tonight's at downsview park tonight has been cancelled. Fans are advised not to make their way to the venue.

• Members

Damn.
:(

I don't understand how this kind of thing happens, unless they're cutting corners with the rig.

Look at the size of that bank of lights or speakers or whatever it is up in front. It doesn't surprise me that something like that could tear down a stage if not perfectly secured.

• Members

Damn.
:(

I don't understand how this kind of thing happens, unless they're cutting corners with the rig.

Gotta be that. proper scaffolders are $$$$$$$ festivals are probably trying to save money by avoiding using unions or something. Could be plain old incompetence though.

• Members

moaj sent to the injured and the family of the person that died.

you'd think radiohead would send moaj. instead they coldly just post this on their twitter:

Gotta think about the impeding lawsuits first. They're worried that the stage collapsed under the weight of their own pretentiousness.

Archived