Zvex is a stand up organization

Hiwatt Bob

• Members

So i brought in my '98 fuzz factory in to get repaired. It has the older style barrel-shaped trannies in it that sound amazing. These aren't the spam cans, but sound amazing as well. Anyhow, it was found to have some issues with the trannies--so they replaced them. At first i was a little scared they replaced them with the newer trannies, but they actually sourced some of the old ones used used those. I was relieved when i heard that--and i think it really speaks to the customer care that Zvex's company provides. mad props.

• Members

I always like hearing these stories, versus the opposite kind. I kinda miss ole Zack around here. I don't know why we chase off everyone. Really stupid of us. And by us, I mean everyone but me.

• Members

I think goodhonk is talking about the QOTSA tech on the fuzz doc talking about how their Super Hard On broke while recording and the replacement transistor sounded different. And then zvex told him they all sound different. At least I think I remember a story like that in the documentary.

• Members

I think goodhonk is talking about the QOTSA tech on the fuzz doc talking about how their Super Hard On broke while recording and the replacement transistor sounded different. And then zvex told him they all sound different. At least I think I remember a story like that in the documentary.

yeah, that's it!

• Members

He's kinda right about the old super hardon's transistor blowing. It needed to have a protective diode in place so static doesn't blow up the mosfet.

however, not sure why changing out the transistor would make that big of difference. i've played a handful of SHO's/SuperDupers and to my ears they were all the same. i think the QOTSA dude sounded like a real dick.

• Members

I'll give 'em tons of cedit for being more than just another booteek pedal company. They're one of THE boutique pedal companies impo, nothing but really really original innovating designs.

On the other hand, if a small solid state pedal worth $30 in parts and components cost me $240...I wouldn't go screaming halleluja if it came with a lifetime warranty:lol:

At least not when any hack with a solder iron and an internet connection can do the same job for a fraction of the price:lol:

• Members

I'll give 'em tons of credit for being more than just another booteek pedal company. They're one of THE boutique pedal companies impo, nothing but really really original innovating designs.

On the other hand, if a small solid state pedal worth $30 in parts and components cost me $240...I wouldn't go screaming halleluja if it came with a lifetime warranty:lol:

At least not when any hack with a solder iron and an internet connection can do the same job for a fraction of the price:lol:

Archived