Bobby D hangs up his guitar?

TravvyBear

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it is {censored}ing Lord of the Flies all up in here.

The flies hover in formation over the {censored} pile seeming unable to penetrate the surrounding stench. They orbit this center of their existence awaiting landing instructions from nerve central. One fly gets the green light, then another, and another; landing, dropping off passengers, then taking off for their scheduled destinations in a never ending cycle. A cycle that goes unquestioned in the eternal moment. A cycle that goes unchallenged between the blinkings of God

• Members

[insert generic meme here]

[insert generic youtube link here]

[insert generic "witty" comment here]

[conclude with 600 pictures of cats in awkward poses]

Did I do it right? Almost feels like I'm missing somethin'...

• Members

I hung out with Bobby in Miami a couple of months ago, just before he moved to the Keys.

He just seemed to be frustrated playing bar gigs that became fewer and far between.

I can relate.

Like him, I've been playing since the 80s, but the desire to lug heavy equipment into a club for little pay and scant recognition dwindles over the years.

South Florida, in particular, is a poisonous environment for a live gigging musician.

Bobby has had some success with his ambient music gig, so I am sure he will continue to do that.

Anyway, he's a talented guitarist and a hell of a nice guy, and knows a hell of a lot about gear.

Here's hoping he gets back on his feet and finds something that he really enjoys that enables him to make a decent living, while still playing music on his own terms.

Back to our regularly scheduled hatefest....:cop:

I hung out with Bobby in Miami a couple of months ago, just before he moved to the Keys.

He just seemed to be frustrated playing bar gigs that became fewer and far between.

I can relate.

Like him, I've been playing since the 80s, but the desire to lug heavy equipment into a club for little pay and scant recognition dwindles over the years.

South Florida, in particular, is a poisonous environment for a live gigging musician.

Bobby has had some success with his ambient music gig, so I am sure he will continue to do that.

Anyway, he's a talented guitarist and a hell of a nice guy, and knows a hell of a lot about gear.

Here's hoping he gets back on his feet and finds something that he really enjoys that enables him to make a decent living, while still playing music on his own terms.

Thanks for the explanation. I wish Bobby all the best.

Back to our regularly scheduled hatefest....
:cop:

Tough crowd. :(

• Members
Most of you guys are acting like dicks.

Bobby is an awesome guy and an incredible talent. It's no wonder he doesn't post here as much as he used to.

He's not quitting playing music. He's done playing cover songs to drunken idiots.

Couldn't agree more. Thank you for saying that. Hey Bobby - stop over. Let's jam! :cool:

• Members

Most of you guys are acting like dicks.

Bobby is an awesome guy and an incredible talent. It's no wonder he doesn't post here as much as he used to.

He's not quitting playing music. He's done playing cover songs to drunken idiots.

thanks.

• Members

Why is everyone being so cruel about this guy? He never seemed anything but just an enthusiastic lover of the instrument and the community before. Did I miss something?

I hope I never up on the wrong side of you lot.

+ a {censored}ing billion.

• Members

Ugh, some of the attitudes around here make me sick. Some people here have huge {censored}ing heads and have given into negativity. I think people get stuck in periods of "that's stupid, your a loser, that's not practical, blah blah." I've seen it happen to my friends, as well as myself. You get to this point where you think everything is stupid and have these automatic negative thoughts about {censored}. I think it's a blend of ego and competitiveness. Both make life so much fun... oh wait, no they don't... not for me at least.

Maybe I'm reading into {censored} too much or projecting... I don't know though. I don't think it takes a genius to realize some of this crap is bull{censored}.

Bobby D was nothing but nice whenever I saw him posting. Who gives a {censored} if he's taking a breather anyway? Leave his FB {censored} on FB where he put it (unless he personally requested it)

I'm preaching. I've never done that on here. I feel dirty.

• Members

Ugh, some of the attitudes around here make me sick. Some people here have huge {censored}ing heads and have given into negativity. I think people get stuck in periods of "that's stupid, your a loser, that's not practical, blah blah." I've seen it happen to my friends, as well as myself. You get to this point where you think everything is stupid and have these automatic negative thoughts about {censored}. I think it's a blend of ego and competitiveness. Both make life so much fun... oh wait, no they don't... not for me at least.

Maybe I'm reading into {censored} too much or projecting... I don't know though. I don't think it takes a genius to realize some of this crap is bull{censored}.

Bobby D was nothing but nice whenever I saw him posting. Who gives a {censored} if he's taking a breather anyway?
Leave his FB {censored} on FB where he put it
(unless he personally requested it)

I'm preaching. I've never done that on here. I feel dirty.

Didn't mean to invade his privacy or anything. I've met him before and we talk occasionally, usually he tells me to tell everyone hi and such. Just figured I'd let his e-friends in on the situation.

Archived