Bobby D hangs up his guitar?

TravvyBear

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why is everyone being so cruel about this guy? He never seemed anything but just an enthusiastic lover of the instrument and the community before. Did I miss something?

I hope I never up on the wrong side of you lot.

I think it's mostly noobs who never actually talked to Bobby D.

• Members

Ugh, some of the attitudes around here make me sick. Some people here have huge {censored}ing heads and have given into negativity. I think people get stuck in periods of "that's stupid, your a loser, that's not practical, blah blah." I've seen it happen to my friends, as well as myself. You get to this point where you think everything is stupid and have these automatic negative thoughts about {censored}. I think it's a blend of ego and competitiveness. Both make life so much fun... oh wait, no they don't... not for me at least.

Maybe I'm reading into {censored} too much or projecting... I don't know though. I don't think it takes a genius to realize some of this crap is bull{censored}.

Bobby D was nothing but nice whenever I saw him posting. Who gives a {censored} if he's taking a breather anyway? Leave his FB {censored} on FB where he put it (unless he personally requested it)

I'm preaching. I've never done that on here. I feel dirty.

+1

Most haters probably have low self esteem and hate their own lives. Some people feed on other peoples misfortunes. Sad

• Members

Most of you guys are acting like dicks.

Bobby is an awesome guy and an incredible talent. It's no wonder he doesn't post here as much as he used to.

He's not quitting playing music. He's done playing cover songs to drunken idiots.

Agreed !!!!!

• Members

hang it up and put the cover on

its over now and lost it's charm

same ole thang day and night

stale beer and drunks who want to fight

the same ole thang every mornin

some skanky whore who wants a boning

we just did it three times before

your fancy tricks are now a bore

I'd rather stay at home and jam

record my songs for my interfriends

they appreciate my ambiance

even tho it wont make you dance

it still takes time to make it right

this bloop left that bloop right

a dash of shimmer and plate reverb

pitch shifted chords dont sound absurd

the ethereal calling of digitech

electro harmonics special effects

line 6 and eventide give you all a fluffy ride

we love bobby d no matter what he do

the private dick for me and you

he tracks down scammers or his names not bob

he hands them off to the HC lynch mob

to be dealt with mercilessly

it will end quite messily

but such is this and how it goes

so lets take off our hats and give him a rose

mr Bobby D we salute

this poem is my best tribute

• Members

hang it up and put the cover on

its over now and lost it's charm

same ole thang day and night

stale beer and drunks who want to fight

the same ole thang every mornin

some skanky whore who wants a boning

we just did it three times before

your fancy tricks are now a bore

I'd rather stay at home and jam

record my songs for my interfriends

they appreciate my ambiance

even tho it wont make you dance

it still takes time to make it right

this bloop left that bloop right

a dash of shimmer and plate reverb

pitch shifted chords dont sound absurd

the ethereal calling of digitech

electro harmonics special effects

line 6 and eventide give you all a fluffy ride

we love bobby d no matter what he do

the private dick for me and you

he tracks down scammers or his names not bob

he hands them off to the HC lynch mob

to be dealt with mercilessly

it will end quite messily

but such is this and how it goes

so lets take off our hats and give him a rose

mr Bobby D we salute

this poem is my best tribute

you should try out for MCA's spot.....too soon?

• Members

Does anybody know if he's considered going back to Miami or somewhere else in Florida? Maybe he's just frustrated about the lack of/type of gigs in the Keys.

I talked to someone about moving to Key West and getting in a band and was told that scene is pretty much locked up, although Bobby obviously found something in whatever Key he moved to. Also, most gigs are at tiny bars playing for drunk tourists, at Key West anyway. It is a blast to visit but jobs are nonexistant unless you're in the food, maid or bartender industries and housing is very expensive.

• Members

I'm not even going to bother reading this thread, but Bobby D is the {censored}. He always was super cool and helpful, made kickass demos, and was a more talented guitar player than me. Nothing but respect..

:wave:

• Members

after reading the first couple pages, most of y'all are spineless cowards and if bobby d was actually on here regularly you'd be lining up to lick his beanbag. this is some serious bush-league sandbox behavior.

• Members

Does anybody know if he's considered going back to Miami or somewhere else in Florida? Maybe he's just frustrated about the lack of/type of gigs in the Keys.

I talked to someone about moving to Key West and getting in a band and was told that scene is pretty much locked up, although Bobby obviously found something in whatever Key he moved to. Also, most gigs are at tiny bars playing for drunk tourists, at Key West anyway. It is a blast to visit but jobs are nonexistant unless you're in the food, maid or bartender industries and housing is very expensive.

When I was with him in April, he told me had a lot of contacts for gigs in Key West and a that someone was going to provide him with a place to live.

He used to play a lot down there years ago, but I guess a lot of the promises or expectations he had for Key West didn't pan out.

This is a video that he and I did in April before he moved to Key West. It's a shootout of my BJFe pedals that Bobby D played through my Mesa Boogie Mark IIB amp that had just come back from being modded by Mike Bendinelli:

Archived