Recent Banishments

Ryan.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

And the thing is, you guys tend to respond to stuff like that. I'm not saying he should be saying things like that, but when you respond to obvious trolling, you merely encourage it.

telling people to kill themselves is okay?

telling people to kill themselves is okay?

No, of course not.

Had he said "I'm going to kill you", the ban would be perma. A simple "I wish you'd die" is not something I'd encourage, but isn't always going to result in a ban. Telling someone to kill themselves kind of falls into similar territory. It's not a threat, so it doesn't qualify for a perma-ban, but OTOH, it's not very nice either. It would probably come down to the individual circumstances and situation and context in terms of what I'd decide to do, if anything.

Of course, that is assuming I see it, and I definitely do not read / see every post of every thread. There's simply too much traffic on this site for any of us to do that - which is why we rely on and appreciate it when you guys notify us of stuff that isn't kosher.

• Members

No, of course not.

Had he said "I'm going to kill you", the ban would be perma. A simple "I wish you'd die" is not something I'd encourage, but isn't always going to result in a ban. Telling someone to kill themselves kind of falls into similar territory. It's not a threat, so it doesn't qualify for a perma-ban, but OTOH, it's not very nice either. It would probably come down to the individual circumstances and situation and context in terms of what I'd decide to do, if anything.

Of course, that is assuming I see it, and I definitely do not read / see every post of every thread. There's simply too much traffic on this site for any of us to do that - which is why we rely on and appreciate it when you guys notify us of stuff that isn't kosher.

Phil, you are probably thinking my posting that Robo said that to me was serious in the sense that I wanted him banned for that.....I actually meant it to be a tongue-in-cheek tattle-tale joking thing....humor is lost in the interwebs :lol:

he posted the" suicide machine in use" pic from Futurama directed toward me, in a couple threads, it was funny!

Archived