Recent Banishments

Ryan.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Robo got a month for making personal attacks against someone's significant other. Echo got three days for telling Robo off instead of reporting and ignoring.

As far as Robo's repeated temp bans, yes, he's had more than a few. Robo has more than a few fans here, and he CAN be helpful, knowledgeable and quite funny. I also respect the fact that he calls things as he sees them. He can go for long periods of time in this "mode." However, he can also be snide, rude and annoying, and occasionally just outright mean. Frankly, he seems to have been moving more towards this lately. My annoyance is increasing. His last temp ban was two weeks. This one was a month. IF I have to issue another one within the next six months, it will BE for six months. :cop:

I'm not trying to "get rid" of anyone here. However, I do expect people to follow the site rules. Robo can be, and often is a positive contributor to this site, and I welcome "that" Robo. It's the mean-spirited Robo that I am trying to keep at bay.

• Members

What Are the Symptoms of Asperger's Syndrome?

The symptoms of Asperger's syndrome vary and can range from mild to severe. Common symptoms include:

1. Problems with social skills: Children with Asperger's syndrome generally have difficulty interacting with others and often are awkward in social situations. They generally do not make friends easily. They have difficulty initiating and maintaining conversation.

2. Eccentric or repetitive behaviors: Children with this condition may develop odd, repetitive movements, such as hand wringing or finger twisting.

3. Unusual preoccupations or rituals: A child with Asperger's syndrome may develop rituals that he or she refuses to alter, such as getting dressed in a specific order.

4. Communication difficulties: People with Asperger's syndrome may not make eye contact when speaking with someone. They may have trouble using facial expressions and gestures, and understanding body language. They also tend to have problems understanding language in context.

5. Limited range of interests: A child with Asperger's syndrome may develop an intense, almost obsessive, interest in a few areas, such as sports schedules, weather, or maps.

6. Coordination problems: The movements of children with Asperger's syndrome may seem clumsy or awkward.

7. Skilled or talented: Many children with Asperger's syndrome are exceptionally talented or skilled in a particular area, such as music or math.

I would like to suggest a sub forum that banned forumites get vanquished to and they can post there until their temp ban is up.

:lol:

While such a forum might be mildly entertaining, in many cases, the idea behind a temp ban is to hopefully deescalate things and give people a chance to cool off... I suspect that a forum of the type that you're suggesting would be counter-productive in that respect. ;)

• Members

It's the mean-spirited Robo that I am trying to keep at bay.

With all due respect Phil, why should that be your job? I thought you were a mod and not a shrink. If he can't control himself, why should you have to?

And I really don't see him as contributing anything positive to the forum. He's pushing 43,000 posts and I would argue the majority of them are "snide, rude and annoying, and occasionally just outright mean."

Surely you've given out perma-bans to people with far fewer infractions than Robo.

And I also can't stand the argument "He's just telling it like he sees it." That should not be an excuse to being plain out douchey.

Archived