I don't know what to think about this.

warioblast

• Members

Ha. I don't mind Gearmandude. He's a smart marketer. It's the stupid comments from idiots that keep asking again and again if he's Jack Black. {censored} already. Just listen to his videos, keep your stupid comments to yourself. Although I admit, he does sound just like JB.

• Members

his demos aren't perfect but I've watched a ton of them and bought some stuff based on them. It's just disconcerting that you can record yourself with a handheld camera playing with stompboxes, and that's enough to get recognized to the extent that a pretty well established company decides it needs your clout to sell their {censored} in a print magazine.

• Members

his demos aren't perfect but I've watched a ton of them and bought some stuff based on them. It's just disconcerting that you can record yourself with a handheld camera playing with stompboxes, and that's enough to get recognized to the extent that a pretty well established company decides it needs your clout to sell their {censored} in a print magazine.

I think he has a pretty well established store in the Louisville, KY area. An obviously he's a big fan of Dr. Z amps too. Seems like a good fit to me.

• Members

He's a smart marketer.

See, here's the thing: he's not. He's not a "smart marketer". He's done no marketing whatsoever. What he has done is occupy a niche. And what other people have done is use his brand name (which, was not necessarily derived out of anything but prolificacy) to market their own product.

Archived