OT: Django Unchained

decode6

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by oinkbanana

View Post

i didn't like inglorious bastards, will this one also disappoint?

I enjoyed Inglorious, but I felt it drug on a little. This one was probably equally as long, but didn't feel that way. It is not Pulp Fiction as someone else said earlier. That film was a religious experience. I cannot put into words what I felt when I first watched that movie so many years ago. The story, the performances, the dialog; everything just completely floored me. It is my favorite my movie of all time and I was a fanboy for life from that point forward.

Django is definitely a love letter to the spaghetti western. There are elements of humor in it and they add some relief to the heavy subject matter. Christoph Waltz does an amazing job. He has a flair for delivering Quentin's dialog that really makes the interaction between his character and Django that much more enjoyable.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by CaViTaTioN

View Post

I enjoyed Inglorious, but I felt it drug on a little. This one was probably equally as long, but didn't feel that way. It is not Pulp Fiction as someone else said earlier. That film was a religious experience. I cannot put into words what I felt when I first watched that movie so many years ago. The story, the performances, the dialog; everything just completely floored me. It is my favorite my movie of all time and I was a fanboy for life from that point forward.

Django is definitely a love letter to the spaghetti western. There are elements of humor in it and they add some relief to the heavy subject matter. Christoph Waltz does an amazing job. He has a flair for delivering Quentin's dialog that really makes the interaction between his character and Django that much more enjoyable.

This. It was a fantastic film. Everyone gave great performances. At times it was funny and touching and uncomfortable and brutal. Sometimes all at once. Good to see Tarintino do an original film after so long.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by decode6

View Post

The Hobbit did suck, they take a thin story and make it thinner.

Not really. They're adding in a ton of stuff from the Silmarillion and the appendices in the Lord of the Rings. You're getting the whole story, you get to see where Gandalf went off too all those times and you get to see the troubles within the White Council. It's really cool!

Archived