OT: Django Unchained

decode6

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by V

View Post

He's basically showing you that his usual style of treating characters as his sort of property to dispense with as he pleases was literally being practiced on real people at one point.

Good point. That's a really interesting way of looking at it, I hadn't thought of his approach in quite that way. I really loved the movie though.

It's a really precarious balance trying to drive home a harsh political/historical point while still being entertaining, and I understand why some people would think it's not right to even try, but I thought he pulled it off very well.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by zooLemon

View Post

It's a really precarious balance trying to drive home a harsh political/historical point while still being entertaining, and I understand why some people would think it's not right to even try, but I thought he pulled it off very well.

ny_a_lees_576.jpg?w=610

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by NITROHOLIC

View Post

tell her if she doesnt go, youll take your girlfriend.

Hahaha!!!

But I found a couple friends that wanted to see it and we just got back....

Verdict: AMAZING.

I still think I enjoyed Inglorious a bit more, but Django was incredible. The KKK hood scene was my favorite... Fricking hysterical. icon_lol.gif

• Members

I don't see the point in comparing it to Pulp Fiction, or any Tarantino film, except Basterds. It's a fantastic film, and much different from most of his work. The bloodshed was mostly at the end, I've never heard the N word more in my life, and it was much more comical than PF or Basterds.

• Members

We saw it tonight, of course I loved it. Some of those brutal, heartbreaking scenes I think are necessary....after all, THAT {censored} HAPPENED. Leo was incredibly good and creepy and scary and funny. Tarantino has they key to making something funny/scary/uncomfortable/violent/happy/sad all at the same time.

I'm kind of curious about the movie trailer I saw....Gangster Squad? Looked like it might be a cool flick.

• Members

We saw it tonight, of course I loved it. Some of those brutal, heartbreaking scenes I think are necessary....after all, THAT {censored} HAPPENED. Leo was incredibly good and creepy and scary and funny. Tarantino has they key to making something funny/scary/uncomfortable/violent/happy/sad all at the same time.

I'm kind of curious about the movie trailer I saw....Gangster Squad? Looked like it might be a cool flick.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mhuxtable

View Post

I'm pretty stoked for that movie too... Looks awesome!

Emma Stone? YES PLEASE

Add Gosling, Penn, Brolin, Nolte, and Ribisi, and we've got a fantastic cast. Fleischer is an up and coming director eager to prove himself, so this could be an awesome movie.. I love me some gangster movies. icon_lol.gif

• Members

View Post

Gangster Squad was supposed to be out already, but they had to reshoot and reschedule due to the murders at the cinema in Colorado. In the trailer for Gangster Squad there is a scene where Tommy Gun-glad gangsters are shooting up a cinema from behind the screen. The film looks fun, but that image has made me think twice about seeing it. Usually I'm not offended by violence and would think it pointless to reshoot, but this time I have reservations.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by delayed delay

View Post

I'm pretty stoked for that movie too... Looks awesome!

Emma Stone? YES PLEASE

Add Gosling, Penn, Brolin, Nolte, and Ribisi, and we've got a fantastic cast. Fleischer is an up and coming director eager to prove himself, so this could be an awesome movie.. I love me some gangster movies. icon_lol.gif

View Post

{censored} yeah gangster movies! Honestly, before it got going, I thought it was a preview for a Dick Tracy movie.

my era had an up and coming hot actors mobster movie too. what a stinker.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by goodhonk

View Post

my era had an up and coming hot actors mobster movie too. what a stinker.

Yeah, but I'd argue Gosling is far from an up and comer... He's well established and has more than proven his acting chops. Same for Stone too. Brolin, Penn, and Nolte are seasoned vets. Only the director is fairly new to the scene.

Archived