OT: Django Unchained

decode6

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by CaViTaTioN

View Post

Christoph Waltz does an amazing job. He has a flair for delivering Quentin's dialog that really makes the interaction between his character and Django that much more enjoyable.

I loved his character/performance in Inglorious.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by seifukusha

View Post

I heard that end is really bloody...im not much for that

but love Tarintino anyway

I heard it's not as bloody as it was planned.

Jackson: "If Quentin put out the five-hour Blu-ray director's cut of this movie, it would be so different from the movie that's just there, in terms of its intensity and the horrific sh*t in it. People hate me now when they see me, but if they saw the sh*t that's not in the movie that I did ... well, I burned Django's nipples off with a hot poker at one point."

But i don't care about the blood and the gore.

I'm just looking forward to it.

Jackie Brown is the best Tarantino movie btw.

• Members

Pfft pussies, the blood and violence were gorgeous. Django was a killer movie, I liked it far better than Inglorious Bastards.

DiCaprio is an amazing actor, as usual. Alot of points where the tension is held for such a long time you're just waiting for everyone to turns guns on each other and bloodbath the room. Would see again! thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven

View Post

Pfft pussies, the blood and violence were gorgeous. Django was a killer movie, I liked it far better than Inglorious Bastards.

DiCaprio is an amazing actor, as usual. Alot of points where the tension is held for such a long time you're just waiting for everyone to turns guns on each other and bloodbath the room. Would see again! thumb.gif

my feelings as well. i like inglourious basterds, but. its one of those movies i have to watch one a year or so. its long and very drawn out at parts. django was just as long and i felt like it was the perfect length. and im a huge dicaprio fan. and i normally don't like samuel l jackson but i actually did in this movie.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven

View Post

Tom. I seem to always agree with everything you say. We R smart ppl.

• Members

I wanted the Hobbit to be one movie long rather than three, but Pete Jackson gave that {censored} the royal treatment. it was a fun ass flick.

Django unchained had a very similar feel to inglorious basterds, and that was perfect. Tarantino has mastered the use of planning scenes followed by scenes of that plan's execution to build up dramatic tension and really engage the audience. I liked it a lot.

• Members

Saw it on Christmas day and loved it. Best movie of the year, easily. I've enjoyed a lot of them this year, but this is the first one to really stick in my mind as something that I had pretty much nothing to complain about. Only thing approaching a complaint would be parts are incredibly brutal, but the impact wouldn't be nearly the same without those particular scenes.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by mmolteratx

View Post

Saw it on Christmas day and loved it. Best movie of the year, easily. I've enjoyed a lot of them this year, but this is the first one to really stick in my mind as something that I had pretty much nothing to complain about. Only thing approaching a complaint would be parts are incredibly brutal, but the impact wouldn't be nearly the same without those particular scenes.

The bolded part is the key. The subject matter was brutal, but as you said, it made Django's plight that much more necessary. Without spoiling anything, there were parts where I thought the point was put across and the audience would not have to be visually subjected to something, then down the road Quentin would bring it back out just to hammer things home. He didn't shy away from anything. I will definitely say that.

• Members

Just got back, it was really good. I was sad it didn't have the mythic power of Pulp Fiction, or Good, The Bad and The Ugly, but it was really well put together and very entertaining. My favorite of his post-Jackie Brown career, much better than the last two. Music was great, some memorable scenes, DiCaprio and the Nazi guy were great.

• Members

It was aight. I thought it was weird, though. It was like the movie had two identities. Through some of the movie you got awesome spaghetti western music, then you got rap music playing during shoot 'em up scenes (not that I don't like rap). Then you got crazy slave oppression that's pretty damn serious, straight to "Haha, I shot your dick off!"

Just one man's opinion.

• Members

One of my favorite Tarantino movies, I think. It was really well paced, I felt, and just extremely satisfying to watch. I mean, yeah, if you are expecting something literalist/realistic/not over the top violent you probably shouldn't be going to see a tarantino movie in the first place, but keep in mind that generally Tarantino doesn't want you to think of the people on screen as anything other than actors playing roles. The violence is supposed to be funny and unrealistic because it's exactly that. It's not real and he does't want you to think it is.

That said, he does a great job in this one of, at times, really reminding you how bloody and ridiculously over the top violent that time period really was for slaves. He's basically showing you that his usual style of treating characters as his sort of property to dispense with as he pleases was literally being practiced on real people at one point.

Archived