How do you delete your acct?

Jules-RM

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

First of all, to those of you who tried to reinforce the impression Jules had that some people are insensitive jerks - thanks a lot. :rolleyes:

Jules, I can't "delete" your account. I can ban you so you can't access it. I can "hide" all your posts so no one can see them, but I'm not supposed to actually "delete" accounts. It plays havoc with the system.

I do appreciate you as a person, and as a poster here - which is why I hope you'll reconsider. You've made a lot of good posts, and I'd really rather not take those away from people who might benefit from them. If you want me to "ban by request" (which can be lifted at any time you so request), I will do so, but I'd rather leave your posts up for people to enjoy... but if you insist, I can make those disappear too.

Just let me know what you'd prefer.

Oh, and regardless of what you decide to do, thanks for your participation here over the years, and best of luck to you in the future. I hope you can kick cancer's ass!

• Members

As mostly a lurker, I've always enjoyed your posts.

And as a two time C survivor--do not make rash decisions when you are suffering as much as I know your are probably suffering. The anger that comes from that place will subside with time. Stay away from things that upset you, but don't lash out at those who are close to you (not talking about this forum) you will likely need them.

As for this:

Seriously...

This type of pseudo-medicine, false hope pedaling bullcrap is truly irresponsible and dangerous.

MJ is good for nausea/wasting, but brutal poisonous chemo cures cancer.

SB

• Members

I thought this was clear, but I now feel like it's necessary to state that I'm busting your chops over the deleting youe account thing, not anything else. Cancer is horrible and I wish you the absolute best. I know you've made a comeback from it before, and I know you have the courage and strength to fight it again.

That said, don't take this {censored} seriously, and I stand by my ribbing as a way to bring you levity.

• Members

I thought this was clear, but I now feel like it's necessary to state that I'm busting your chops over the deleting youe account thing, not anything else. Cancer is horrible and I wish you the absolute best. I know you've made a comeback from it before, and I know you have the courage and strength to fight it again.

That said, don't take this {censored} seriously, and I stand by my ribbing as a way to bring you levity.

this breau. we lub u jules.

• Members

I got pissed off at the people in a certain mountain biking forum. Here's what I did to break my 'addiction'... Go to one of those websites that generates random passwords. Have it make a random password, the longer the better. Go to your forum profile and change your password to the 'random' one...you may have to type it in manually, twice. Go to your browser and make sure you clear the stored password. Highly unlikely you'll be able to remember a truly random password without having it cached on your browser or written down. You'll be able to view the forums but won't be able to post. Of course you can always go back and click the "I forgot my password" link on the login page, but if you're really serious about leaving here, you won't do that.

Or just post the Goatse pic.

that's not good enough, what you have to do is make an email account with a random password and no security questions. then change you account here so that's your account email. THEN you are ready to make a random password here. ive done it with a few accounts here but i always ended up back. yeah the internet is full of a bunch of {censored}ing assholes but the internet is us.

Archived