Electrical Guitar Company

sparkfriction

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i am interested in their Jazzmaster--only i think it'd look better in the black finish and with the EGC T-Bean style pickups.

IMG_0008-lg.JPG

i also really like the Brent Hinds sig guitar, even though i don't really like that band.

11310799-lg.jpg

imitation is sincerest form of flattery....

• Members

Seriously? What happens when any guitar needs the things you mention? It's not like EGCs are made from magical fallen space astroids. You can have the guitar serviced just like any other guitar. Kevin is a top shelf dude and I'm sure if twenty years from now you need fret work he will be more then happy to do it.

Also

adbf4442.jpg

That one on the right makes me want one even more so. That along with the Brent Hinds signature V. Both seem killer. Prymaxe Vintage stocks the S1s now. Really considering it after I make some amp purchases.

• Members

Chessie on the left. Standard on the right.

It is also worth noting that if you want a "regular neck" I suggest that you get the Chessie neck. The standard neck is very very flat and thin. There is nothing like it that I can compare to. It is wicked fast and great for grabbing some wide chords but it may not be for you. It is one piece of aluminum and it plays great but again it will feel different.

The Chessie neck is assembled much like a two piece neck with an attached fretboard. I has a similar thickness to a "regular" neck. The Chessie neck will be an upcharge and can be installed on all o his body styles. .

Look at the specs on the EGC site and bust out the ruler. Check to see what is right for you.

• Members

It is also worth noting that if you want a "regular neck" I suggest that you get the Chessie neck. The standard neck is very very flat and thin. There is nothing like it that I can compare to. It is wicked fast and great for grabbing some wide chords but it may not be for you. It is one piece of aluminum and it plays great but again it will feel different.

The Chessie neck is assembled much like a two piece neck with an attached fretboard. I has a similar thickness to a "regular" neck. The Chessie neck will be an upcharge and can be installed on all o his body styles.

Good to know, "flat and thin" is not my ideal neck shape. Those I've tried had pretty chunky feeling necks but I've never even seen a Chessie in person, sadly, much less played one.

How's the tuning stability with that Bigsby?

• Members

Chessie on the left. Standard on the right.

The Chessie neck is assembled much like a two piece neck with an attached fretboard. I has a similar thickness to a "regular" neck. The Chessie neck will be an upcharge and can be installed on all o his body styles. .

Look at the specs on the EGC site and bust out the ruler. Check to see what is right for you.

playd the most time jackson and ibanez pointy ones and love a thin neck. damn i have to cross the water to Brooklyn :D

But yeah thanks again - i'll check that out at the EGC site.

• Members

Seriously? What happens when any guitar needs the things you mention? It's not like EGCs are made from magical fallen space astroids. You can have the guitar serviced just like any other guitar. Kevin is a top shelf dude and I'm sure if twenty years from now you need fret work he will be more then happy to do it.

Also

adbf4442.jpg

Fuck you, I came so hard that a little piece of one of my testicles was dislodged.

• Members

The only thing slowing me down from owning one of these is student life.

One day, hopefully soon. Thinking about the Tele body shape. Aaron Turner's is beyond wicked looking.

Aaron Turner's is indeed awesome! It's a baritone.

• Members

If it weren't for the damn import taxes and vat and custom fees and what not, I would've bought an EGC axe a long time ago. If they get a EU dealer that could sell em for $2200 like in the US, I'd be one of their first european customers...

Archived