Electrical Guitar Company

sparkfriction

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I guess I'm the only one who thinks these guitars are a big {censored}ing "meh"

You're not.

I haven't been impressed by the clips I've heard. Pretty much what I'd expect one to sound like - quite harsh and metallic. I'm sure they don't always sound like that, but there's nothing that attracts me to the tone, at all...

Of all of the 'alternative' materials to make guitars from, I'm more interested in graphite and carbon fibre, a la Vigier, Steinberger et al. Nevertheless, it is an interesting idea.

• Members
Yeah, I know about the VAT and how it includes the shipping cost. But lets say the guitar costs $2300. There is then the shipping quote of $200. It's actually less than that, I think, but for arguments sake lets say $200. $2500 converted to EURO is currently

• Members

The "cold metallic tone" thing is a bit of a myth.

My former bandmate had one, albeit with a neck that was far too thin for me, and it sounded fantastic.

It could basically do anything he wanted it too, it had a wooden body, and 2 P-90's.

Yeah... Like most HCFX "knowledge" there is just a ton of myth, lack of real world experience and straight up misinformation.

• Members

Is there any issue with using aluminum guitars in colder climates? Tuning problems? Cold neck? etc.

I talked to a guy who brought his TB1000s to mcmurdo when he got stationed up there back in the late 80's. He used an electric blanket with it and said that the difference in climate between there and his home in minnesota didn't affect the guitar more than the other.

I'd really like a white EGC wedge sometime as thats as close as i'll ever get but have my heart on a new original Veleno, the F-104 of guitars. If I can track down an old dan armstrong plexi body i'd love to send one up to EGC and let them have their way with it.

• Members

I talked to a guy who brought his TB1000s to mcmurdo when he got stationed up there back in the late 80's. He used an electric blanket with it and said that the difference in climate between there and his home in minnesota didn't affect the guitar more than the other.

I'd really like a white EGC wedge sometime as thats as close as i'll ever get but have my heart on a new original Veleno, the F-104 of guitars. If I can track down an old dan armstrong plexi body i'd love to send one up to EGC and let them have their way with it.

Mmmm, that plexi glass bodied/metal necked flying V is so {censored}ing cool i can't even believe it.

• Members

I had this for a couple of years now - the thin neck was strange at first but as I'd sold most of my other guitars to fund this I soon got used to it. Now most other guitars seem kinda dull in comparison. Sounds lovely, not too bright or harsh etc.. though also not life changingly so, just a nice and very solid guitar.

egc.jpg

• Members

I had this for a couple of years now - the thin neck was strange at first but as I'd sold most of my other guitars to fund this I soon got used to it. Now most other guitars seem kinda dull in comparison. Sounds lovely, not too bright or harsh etc.. though also not life changingly so, just a nice and very solid guitar.

egc.jpg

Lovely! How does the neck compares to a Gibson?

• Members

Lovely! How does the neck compares to a Gibson?

It doesn't. I did a side view pic once of my Tele vs EGC Standard neck once for Loobs let me see if I can dig it up. The Standard neck is only about 1/3 as thick as a regular guitar. Imagine the thinnest, flatest neck you have ever seen... Only it thinner.

The Chessie neck is closer to a Gibson / fender neck.

• Members

I would love to believe they don't sound harsh or metallic, cause they look {censored}ing awesome impo, and I love the idea of finally having a decent guitar with a super thin flat necks profile...

I can't for the life for me find any decent clips anywhere though, I don't suppose anyone can help me to some more/better demos besides the {censored}ty audio quality of the buzzo videos?

• Members

The "cold metallic tone" thing is a bit of a myth.

My former bandmate had one, albeit with a neck that was far too thin for me, and it sounded fantastic.

It could basically do anything he wanted it too, it had a wooden body, and 2 P-90's.

I would sooo appreciate it if you could contact the guy and beg him for some clips or something. I've wanted a Travis Bean as long as I can remember, and these EGC guitars come really close in every way, only they're -almost- affordable:)

I'm not even considering buying one sight unseen without at least having heard a lot of samples/demos, but I'm still really really intrigued with those metal neck models with the wooden body.

• Members

Wow, that standard neck is no go, {censored} would feel like a toothpick. Thanks for that pic SAL, enlightening.

I think I'd just send over specs on my favorite neck size/shape and have it replicated as opposed to ordering something sight unseen. That's a pretty important feature to consider on a purchase of this caliber. And hey, that's what "custom" is all about, important to utilize that aspect of an EGC build.

Archived