Electrical Guitar Company

sparkfriction

• Members

If you are going the extra mile to have a guitar custom made for yourself you might as well get what you want color wise.

I'm just talking about the colors available through Prymaxe Vintage. They are now a dealer and sell the Standard and one other model. I have considered going for a custom with them, but the standard is actually more than enough. I really dig the seafoam green. I would be happy with either one. Color matters least to me on a guitar. I dislike red guitars but I own two. The tone and playability is what sold me.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm just talking about the colors available through Prymaxe Vintage. They are now a dealer and sell the Standard and one other model. I have considered going for a custom with them, but the standard is actually more than enough. I really dig the seafoam green. I would be happy with either one. Color matters least to me on a guitar. I dislike red guitars but I own two. The tone and playability is what sold me.

They only have those two instruments... Its not like they have a back stock of any kind. Kevin made a three guitars for them to sell. Both the Seafoam and Black Standard Prymaxe has available are the very thin neck I mentioned earlier.

• Members

They only have those two instruments... Its not like they have a back stock of any kind. Kevin made a three guitars for them to sell. Both the Seafoam and Black Standard Prymaxe has available are the very thin neck I mentioned earlier.

Oh. Well nevermind then.

• Members

Is there any issue with using aluminum guitars in colder climates? Tuning problems? Cold neck? etc.

Its aircraft grade aluminum... so no, it wont warp. I bet if you were playing so outdoor winter festival at a ski lodge then yes the neck would be cold other then that you need to tuck in your labia, they are showing.

• Members

Huh, the green one at Prymaxe is listed as having a thicker neck but maybe not :idk:. I've been eyeing them too and searching for a used one while I wait the 8 months. So I may just go for the standard through them and if the neck's too small sell it when my name's up and the build's done.

• Members

what kind of wait time is there from order to delivery?

There is no standard answer to this question. If you are serious you will need to email Kevin. Depending on the model and custom features you request not to mention how long the list is currently the time will vary. He did just get a fancy ass mega milling machine that will cut done some of the wait but again it depends on the instrument you order.

• Members

Wellllllll...yeah.

Seriously though....I just don't see the allure of an aluminum guitar I guess.

It's not for everyone. I just like it because it strays from the norm of guitars. Kind of like what resin or whatever that plastic {censored} did, but without the plastic {censored} body. Whatever that material is called. I dig the way they sound and the fact it's alumunin intriguing to my clumsy side. I have dropped my V(and it didn't break thankfully) while not sober from while trying to hang it on the wall and it made me really want something that isn't wood.

• Members

Wellllllll...yeah.

Seriously though....I just don't see the allure of an aluminum guitar I guess.

Stoner/sludge/noise/doom/Albini/post-rock cred like you wouldn't believe!

For real though, it took me awhile to come around and many of my favorite bands have been using 'em for years. The aesthetics of some of the earlier ones turned me off, particularly the chromed out/polished stuff but they've come a long way. Powder coat FTW!

And then I played a couple and I've been straight lusting ever since. Uniquely awesome tone from those I've tried. That said, there's been plenty o' awesome coming forth from wood guitars a long time now...

• Members

Stoner/sludge/noise/doom/Albini/post-rock
cred
like you wouldn't believe!

bingo

And then I played a couple and I've been straight lusting ever since. Uniquely awesome tone from those I've tried.
That said, there's been plenty o' awesome coming forth from wood guitars a long time now...

umm.....:lol:

• Members

If it weren't for the damn import taxes and vat and custom fees and what not, I would've bought an EGC axe a long time ago. If they get a EU dealer that could sell em for $2200 like in the US, I'd be one of their first european customers...

An EU dealer will charge more than if you just imported one yourself from Kevin. Well, they do that in the UK and Ireland, at least. If I were to import a Mesa Boogie from America brand new, and even bought a step-up transformer, too, it would be a lot cheaper than if I bought one from a local dealer here in Europe. Everyone knows that dealers over here rip you off with Boogie, but you see what I'm saying.

With the current exchange rate from dollars to EURO, the EGC Standard Baritone I want will cost a little over

• Members

Except Teuffel Guitars cost three, sometimes four times the price. XOX Guitars are also a lot more expensive. EGC are definitely for the average John Doe who needs a {censored}ing piece of win that will never ever pose problems. That's why I'm putting my name down for one.

thats true - it was more like a joke to put Teuffel in :)

• Members

Except Teuffel Guitars cost three, sometimes four times the price. XOX Guitars are also a lot more expensive. EGC are definitely for the average John Doe who needs a {censored}ing piece of win that will never ever pose problems. That's why I'm putting my name down for one.

thats true - it was more like a joke to put Teuffel in
:)

It's a shame because they're supposedly far more ergonomic and practical than a normal guitar. No one is really produced guitars like that on an attainable level. They could start a 'revolution', so to speak, if they did. They'd finally be able to get people away from obsessing over modern Gibson and all their {censored}iness.

• Members

An EU dealer will charge more than if you just imported one yourself from Kevin. Well, they do that in the UK and Ireland, at least. If I were to import a Mesa Boogie from America brand new, and even bought a step-up transformer, too, it would be a lot cheaper than if I bought one from a local dealer here in Europe. Everyone knows that dealers over here rip you off with Boogie, but you see what I'm saying.

With the current exchange rate from dollars to EURO, the EGC Standard Baritone I want will cost a little over

Archived