Electrical Guitar Company

sparkfriction

• Members

Wow, that standard neck is no go, {censored} would feel like a toothpick. Thanks for that pic SAL, enlightening.

I think I'd just send over specs on my favorite neck size/shape and have it replicated as opposed to ordering something sight unseen. That's a pretty important feature to consider on a purchase of this caliber. And hey, that's what "custom" is all about, important to utilize that aspect of an EGC build.

Please take note that there will be upcharges. Now I can't speak for Kevin but as I understand it you can choose between Standard and Chessie necks and have the radius modified. As an example my Chessie comes with a 12" radius however on the guitar Kevin is currently working on for me I requested a 9" radius and there was an upcharge due to machining / programing / etc. It is always best to put together ALL of your desired specs and shoot Kevin an email for price and conformation.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Wow, that standard neck is no go, {censored} would feel like a toothpick. Thanks for that pic SAL, enlightening.

I think I'd just send over specs on my favorite neck size/shape and have it replicated as opposed to ordering something sight unseen. That's a pretty important feature to consider on a purchase of this caliber. And hey, that's what "custom" is all about, important to utilize that aspect of an EGC build.

Big +1

If you're going to spend $2200 on a unique custom guitar, you may as well spend another $200 and make it absolutely perfect.

As an example, I never understood car manufacturers who would not include a CD car radio in the final price because someone might want to save $100 out of $15,000. :confused:

• Members

so the standard one here has the superthin neck then ? sort of too thin for anyone bigger than a mouse ?

Yes it has the thin neck but u people are to {censored}ing much. It is very playable. I have zero issues with my catchers mitt and sausage hands. It is just different.

EGCs are copping the Travis Bean vibe and those guitars had thin necks. Maybe you guys should just admit an EGC isn't for u and stop trying to fit the square in the circle hole.

• Members

Yes it has the thin neck but u people are to {censored}ing much. It is very playable. I have zero issues with my catchers mitt and sausage hands. It is just different.

EGCs are copping the Travis Bean vibe and those guitars had thin necks. Maybe you guys should just admit an EGC isn't for u and stop trying to fit the square in the circle hole.

Wait, so you're saying taking advantage of "custom" options available on a 2K+ custom built guitar is "too {censored}ing much"?

Neck shape/thickness is a pretty important feature in my book when it comes to playability. Why settle on that pencil thin neck (or anything else) if you don't have too? I'll get what I want for that price considering it's a matter of programming a machine to cut it differently.

• Members

I would love to believe they don't sound harsh or metallic, cause they look {censored}ing awesome impo, and I love the idea of finally having a decent guitar with a super thin flat necks profile...

I can't for the life for me find any decent clips anywhere though, I don't suppose anyone can help me to some more/better demos besides the {censored}ty audio quality of the buzzo videos?

I found these in two seconds, and they sound great! Especially the first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1538saAXhzE

• Members

Saw Torche last night and the main guitarist and bass player use Egc guitars. They destroyed and the geetars sounded rad through jcm 80s through Orange 4x12s. Also Part Chimp rules.

I saw Torche a couple years back the night after Jonathan's bass was stolen in Chicago. Then again this spring the day after EGC sent him the replacement. His excitement was obvious that night, such an awesome performance!

Steve was going back and forth between his First Act and the EGC all night, both sounded amazing.

• Members

I saw Torche a couple years back the night after Jonathan's bass was stolen in Chicago. Then again this spring the day after EGC sent him the replacement. His excitement was obvious that night, such an awesome performance!

Steve was going back and forth between his First Act and the EGC all night, both sounded amazing.

Word. This runk chick got on stage with them and was dancing. The bass player was grinding with her and still shredding. Was {censored}inv rad. Would have been far more rad if her almost face plant was an actual face plant. Steve was only rocking his Egc last night. Finished with Tarpit Carnivore and it was all sorts of epic!

• Members

Wait, so you're saying taking advantage of "custom" options available on a 2K+ custom built guitar is "too {censored}ing much"?

Neck shape/thickness is a pretty important feature in my book when it comes to playability. Why settle on that pencil thin neck (or anything else) if you don't have too? I'll get what I want for that price considering it's a matter of programming a machine to cut it differently.

You get a choice of two neck thicknesses and you can change the radius for an upcharge. The Standard is copping the vintage TB vibe which was Kevins purpose in the beginning and has expanded to a more traditional thickness in the Chessie neck. I have one of each of my two and am having the Chessie neck on my third. Yes it is important to get the neck best for you.

{censored} most of y'all wouldn't even know about the differences in the necks if I didn't say anything.

• Members

Iirc the vintage Beans I've played didn't have thin necks, just very flat necks, John. PLayed both a TB-1000 and a 500 in NYC. Southside in Williamsburg have (had) a 500.

Speaking of TBs I've had two 1000s slip through my hands at decent prices, unlike the Southside TBs. I will own one if it kills me.

• Members

Thanks a lot, don't know how I managed not to find those clips myself. Probably cuz I'm a tool:)

The first clip: I'm not sure wether it's the recording quality, I'm personally not at all impressed by that tone. It sounds a lot like when I plug in any of my guitars straight into a mixer or into my computer using no amp sim (or a bad one) at all. It might also just be the guitarist. If you're gonna play {censored}ty pseudo metal at least don't play it so damn sloppy. Impo that's unacceptable when you're selling/demoing high-end instruments, there's gotto be dozens of dudes on hcfx alone that would do a better job.

The guy in the second clip obviously did a much better job, but unless it's the recording quality or amp or whatever, I'm gonna have to say meh. for now at least, I'm giving em the benefit of the doubt untill I find a bunch more clips.

Anywayz, the 'tootpick' neck doesn't even bother me, to the contrary actually.

Archived