Electrical Guitar Company

sparkfriction

• Members

Thanks a lot, don't know how I managed not to find those clips myself. Probably cuz I'm a tool:)

The first clip: I'm not sure wether it's the recording quality, I'm personally not at all impressed by that tone. It sounds a lot like when I plug in any of my guitars straight into a mixer or into my computer using no amp sim (or a bad one) at all. It might also just be the guitarist. If you're gonna play {censored}ty pseudo metal at least don't play it so damn sloppy. Impo that's unacceptable when you're selling/demoing high-end instruments, there's gotto be dozens of dudes on hcfx alone that would do a better job.

The guy in the second clip obviously did a much better job, but unless it's the recording quality or amp or whatever, I'm gonna have to say meh. for now at least, I'm giving em the benefit of the doubt untill I find a bunch more clips.

Anywayz, the 'tootpick' neck doesn't even bother me, to the contrary actually.

If you're looking for a strikingly unique tone then you're going to be disappointed, the difference in tone between mine, for example, and any other p90 equipped guitar of the same scale length is pretty subtle to be honest - amps and recording methods will affect the overall sound way more than the use of aluminium in the guitar.

Btw, the pickups he makes for these are really good. Worth a mention.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I would sooo appreciate it if you could contact the guy and beg him for some clips or something. I've wanted a Travis Bean as long as I can remember, and these EGC guitars come really close in every way, only they're -almost- affordable:)

I'm not even considering buying one sight unseen without at least having heard a lot of samples/demos, but I'm still really really intrigued with those metal neck models with the wooden body.

I have some live footage of him with that guitar....

[video=youtube;1IjWxhM7K-Y]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1IjWxhM7K-Y&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_Ed0f9Sx2M&feature=related

• Members

Yeah he seems open to doing just about anything. I'm not sure how practical it would be but the semi-hollow aluminum bodies are jizz-worthy.

What do you mean? I have a Chessie, which is semi hollow. It is considerably more lively when strummed unplugged and that translates through an amp as well. I believe the first thing Loobs said after playing it unplugged was "Woah, it sounds like a resonator."

• Members

What do you mean? I have a Chessie, which is semi hollow. It is considerably more lively when strummed unplugged and that translates through an amp as well. I believe the first thing Loobs said after playing it unplugged was "Woah, it sounds like a resonator."

Oh I mean the aluminum body. I mainly play high gain metal tomfoolery so I figured it wouldn't be ideal. I could be wrong though. All of the aluminum necks I've played have been paired with a wood body.

• Members

I went to GC yesterday to get strings and as soon as I walked in I was drawn to this mega BRIGHT orange shred guitar from Ibanez. So ugly it was awesome. Of course it had the floyd rose and locking nut but It also had the wizard neck... I gotta say the thin EGC Standard neck is very similar.

• 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...

Archived