So...Strymon Timeline?

nico/atd

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

There will always be a market for the single pedals even if the same sounds are inside the Timeline 2.

Very true. For example, you may not be able to use two of them at the same time on this. That's functionality you'd get with two individual effects.

• Members

i still think they should have made 'just' a looper instead of putting extra stuff in it. there just doesn't seem to be any 3 or 4 switch loopers with reverse/half time/modulation/filter/lo-fi effects out there.

maybe i'm the only one who wants that?
:idk:

Akai {censored}ing dropped it by putting money into those Biyang pedals rather than creating a new Headrush.

i wanted that.

and it might be a pain, but theoretically you could access all the el cap functions through that "value knob" and the lcd...anyway who knows

• Members

i wanted that.

and it might be a pain, but theoretically you could access all the el cap functions through that "value knob" and the lcd...anyway who knows

Well, if that's true and you can access all the parameters in some way i would be interested for sure. The El Cap is my favorite delay right now, though, so it better be exactly the same.

• Members

Looks interesting, I don't see it replacing the El Cap though. And while I think the El Cap is great for what it is, I'm kinda wanting another delay that isn't tape focused, but does more other type of delay sounds. Back to TC Electronics pretty soon I think.

I predict this pedal will be around $400-$450.

• Members

I reckon this is a direct competitor to the Timefactor, so it wouldn't make sense to price it so high that people choose the Timefactor because the Timeline is unaffordable. I think the price will be maybe a little higher than the Timefactor, but no so much that they're in different categories entirely.

• Members

Line6 dropped it too with their dedicated looper. The new boss rc3 and rc30 don't look too revamped.

Did the boomerang make any leaps?

I would love a dedicated looper that wasn't expensive. But I think companies are going to force this situation on us:

Cheap

Looped effects (reverse, half time,double time)

More than one loop.

Choose two... A lot of the time they ask use to choose one.

Edit: Gareth, do we have a price on the looperlative pedals yet? Note- those switches scare me.

nothing set in stone from what i can see but..

http://www.loopers-delight.com/LDarchive/201001/msg00208.html

*LP-2 MINI looper *feature set:

*Midi Sync* * (in/out) *

*Balanced *and *UnBalanced Inputs *(for microphones with tip/ring/sleeve

jacks)

*20 db boost option on input*

*20+ levels of Undo*

*Feedback *(with automatic Undo points at every 10% reduction of feedback)

*Record/Overdub*

*Play/Stop*

*Retrigger (One Shot)*

*Retrigger (Play Continuously)*

*Forward/Reverse*

*1/2 Speed/Double Speed*

*1/4 Speed/Quadruple Speed*

*Quantized Slice Replacement *at these musical increments:

*1/8, 1/16, for 4/4*, *1/12, 1/24 *for* triplet 8ths *and*

triplet 16ths*

*1/7, 1/9, 1/10 for odd time signatures * *

1/64 * for *glitching*

*Storage (and retrieval) *of up to* 8 loops *on a* 4 gig SD Card*

*Battery Operated* (one 9v battery for 2 hours continuous play)

*or** Wall Wart AC adapter

Compact Size

Snazzy Purple Color *

And all for an as yet undetermined street price of between $250 and $300

Seriously, I tried to get the word out "first", or at least as soon as I could. I got there early (1:30PM), and tried to U/L to Flickr and Photobucket ASAP in the hopes that someone would be watching. I'm glad to see that someone was. :)

I just got a demo of everything in their product lineup, including the Timeline and Lex. Both are very impressive as is the rest of the product lineup. I took videos too, but my camera battery died somewhere after the first batch... I've got two or three 5-6 minute segments of the Timeline and Lex, and started to do one of the Ola when I ran out of juice. I stayed and watched / listened to demos of everything they make, and am back in my room now, charging the battery so I can U/L the videos - which, based on the U/L speed here, will take hours. :mad:

I have not read the thread yet, but let's get the obvious out of the way:

Lex does have hidden functions such as drum speed, etc. It DOES brake - hold down the fast / slow button to engage the brake, or the expression pedal all the way back. When released from brake, whatever you were last at interms of speed, it will ramp back up to. Yes, you can adjust the ramp speed. Yes, the white paper I want to read is up on www.stymon.net but I have not read it yet. Yes, it does sound darned impressive. Price is the same as the El Cap - $299.

Timeline has up to 200 memory locations, and does a gripload of stuff. I have not checked the site yet, but I imagine they have stuff up about it by now. It's very impressive, and not at all unreasonably priced at $499 "street". Pics and videos will be forthcoming, just as soon as I can get them uploaded - more pics will be first...

I'm having my first beer of the show (along with an overpriced personal pizza hut pizza) right now while I U/L stuff. I have yet to attend any parties, except for the Avid press dinner on Wedsday night, which was quite nice. Last night, I spent nearly the entire night U/L stuff. :) I got three hours of sleep...

At 6 PM tonight (or thereabouts) we're meeting with the few moderators who are here and taking them out for a drink. I also just got a text from Dennis Galuszka asking if I wanted to get a beer later...

But I suspect I'll be uploading pics well into the wee hours of the morning. Duty first - and sleep is for the weak! ;):D

Archived