So...Strymon Timeline?

nico/atd

• Replies 311
  • Created
  • Last Reply
couple of thoughts:

this is gonna be crazy expensive

are there any of those secret parameters "hold X+Y+L2+R2 and turn knob"

what the hell is that chrome thing next to it on the pic?

I knew that someone would ask about the nameless chrome pedal, and even said so to them. :lol:

It's not for sale - it's a headphone driver and speaker emulator. They had it hooked up to a bank of probably six to ten sets of headphones, just in case "The Man" came to the door and told them they were too loud and had to shut down the amps (a Marshall Class 5 and what looked to be a VHT Special 6 head driving a Vox cab), but they never had to resort to that.

There is also a one-off analog dirt box on the board, and while I got a pic of it, it's not in the product lineup either - it's just something they threw together in case someone wanted to hear something with some dirt going through it.

The grit on the Lex is really impressive BTW - very authentic sounding and not just a "generic dirt" afterthought.

I'm hoping for the following features:

Midi control

Global BPM option

Midi clock generator

Looper available whilst using delays

Some cool stereo stuff (independent stereo delay and/or ping pong)

If it has all that stuff then I think I'm in.

I think most, if not all of what you want will be available. Yes, it has full MIDI control - cc messages, program changes, MIDI clock, etc. Yes, you can run a delay while looping. I'm not certain about global BPM. Yes, it will do ping pong delays and lots of fun stereo stuff.

And yes, it has an expression pedal jack - I'm trying to U/L the back panel shot now. :wave:

cool :phil: thanks phil, youre a boss.

cant wait to see the vids, but you were well impressed with both the lex and the timeline?

Yeah, I honestly was. :)

Do you guys know what granular synthesis is? Where audio is chopped up into "chunks" and processed separately? It can do that... and you can adjust the "size" of the chunks, the pitch shifting on them - loads of stuff. If you like unusual sounds, you're going to love the Timeline. It does normal delays too - tape, analog, etc. - but a lot more besides...

• Members
Yeah, I honestly was.
:)

Do you guys know what granular synthesis is? Where audio is chopped up into "chunks" and processed separately? It can do that... and you can adjust the "size" of the chunks, the pitch shifting on them - loads of stuff. If you like unusual sounds, you're going to love the Timeline. It does normal delays too - tape, analog, etc. - but a lot more besides...

ho. lee. {censored}.

• Members

I do already love my Midiverb for reverb though, and I was hoping the Space might also fill the spot of megadaly in my rack, but now I know even just a little bit more about what the Timeline is/does, I'm thinking my Midiverb 4 can stay for reverbs and I NEED the Timeline for delays. It's highly unlikely I can buy both this year!

Archived