• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Crxsh

View Post

highres-sony_RX100_front-rightjpg_133896

Sony RX-100 w/ tripod. smile.gif

Awesome! The more I read the more appealing the RX-100 is. I know if I bought the NEX I'd use it less just because of bulk, additional lenses, etc., whereas with the RX-100 I'd be more likely to have it with me. I'm kind of hoping they come out with something a bit bigger, maybe with a tilt screen, but if not I'll likely be grabbing the RX-100 in the summer.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Gnarly

View Post

Awesome! The more I read the more appealing the RX-100 is. I know if I bought the NEX I'd use it less just because of bulk, additional lenses, etc., whereas with the RX-100 I'd be more likely to have it with me. I'm kind of hoping they come out with something a bit bigger, maybe with a tilt screen, but if not I'll likely be grabbing the RX-100 in the summer.

The more I thought about it... and the more research I did... the more the RX-100 made sense for me. I was still considering the NEX-5R — and still like the idea of it — but the only review of the new powered kit lens Sony developed for the Nex series wasn't exactly favorable. Combine that with the fact that, all of a sudden, Sony has discontinued that package and the RX-100 was a no-brainer. Fact is... I'm not likely going to want (or have the money) to invest in a bunch of lenses — so I'm getting the best compact option on the market right now. Pretty satisfied with that. (Though, I agree that a tilt/flip screen would be awesome.)

Just got the shipping notification. Should be here on Wednesday. biggrin.gif

Archived