What's in the mail??

Crxsh

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris1982

View Post

Sold off a lot of my live gear and need something for jamming and recording at home. Tried a mate's G3 for a few minutes and honestly wasn't really impressed, however the price and features are right, and I don't think 5 minutes playing it through hifi speakers was really a fair test.

Was seriously contemplating getting something bigger like a GT-10 or HD500, but figured this would be easier to integrate into a live rig if I ever get the band going again.

Zoom-G3x.jpg

Do post your impressions when you get it.

I've been looking at one for the exact reasons you mentioned.

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstrat86

View Post

^ what makes you say that? you were Gasing for a comp.

True.

But I just bought a $2,000 Les Paul. facepalm.gif

icon_lol.gif

Aaaaand I didn't really need it. It might be cool to have for my ASAT, but still... I didn't really need it. And now that I bought it, I might end up loving it and not want to get rid of it. icon_lol.gif... Plus, it helped that I freaking LOVE Xotic's EP Booster... And since I really wanted to try the SP... I just pulled the trigger

• Members

screw it man, you play out you like sounds nothing wrong dropping coin on such things. Its not like its shoes, its music stuff which gives you a happy soul and has potential to make you money back any way. My guitar was like 2 and half grand, and guess what? I'm already planning on another with custom options. Enjoy your toys!

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ChuckNorris1982

View Post

Sold off a lot of my live gear and need something for jamming and recording at home. Tried a mate's G3 for a few minutes and honestly wasn't really impressed, however the price and features are right, and I don't think 5 minutes playing it through hifi speakers was really a fair test.

Was seriously contemplating getting something bigger like a GT-10 or HD500, but figured this would be easier to integrate into a live rig if I ever get the band going again.

Zoom-G3x.jpg

Good decision! I use mine with the band into acoustic combos and PAs and I actually really like the sound.

My favorite Patch is: Rat > Guvnor > Tape Delay > Fender Deluxe with Hiwatt Cab > Rack Compressor > Arena Reverb

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Frankenstrat86

View Post

screw it man, you play out you like sounds nothing wrong dropping coin on such things. Its not like its shoes, its music stuff which gives you a happy soul and has potential to make you money back any way. My guitar was like 2 and half grand, and guess what? I'm already planning on another with custom options. Enjoy your toys!

Haha true that man. thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by stratedge09

View Post

Haven't posted in a while, Timeline was too much for me and the Supa Puss and Flashback weren't to my liking, so back to basics.

Out:

timeline_angle1000.jpg

In:

DD20-369ee64ce8394a7b22ca9e979b2d25ac.jp

I would have thought that the Timeline would have outstripped the DD-20 for features and quality.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by caeman

View Post

I would have thought that the Timeline would have outstripped the DD-20 for features and quality.

Both of them sound very good but obviously the Timeline outshines the DD-20 as far as features and quality of sound. I had a problem with the middle footswitch on the Timeline sticking at a couple different shows midset, but I fixed it. I only used Digital, dBucket, and Swell so I just couldn't justify keeping it. I only needed a delay with 3-4 presets and a looper and I remembered having a DD-20 a while back and loving the modulated and tape modes and I still like them a lot. It's pretty much bulletproof and great for live use. I'm pairing it with the Carbon Copy and couldn't be happier.

Archived