What's in the mail??

Crxsh

• Replies 18.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by ispunk

View Post

Is this one of the Gibson blowouts that MF and other sites are having right now?

No. It's from an eBay seller in San Francisco. Except for Sweetwater, I don't know of other online retailers who show the actual guitar you're buying.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

I was really looking closely at this guitar the other day. Love the look, but I really use the middle and neck pickup setting more than I do the bridge.

For the price I just couldn't resist this nasty little rock'n'roll beast. Plus I believe the white ones come with an ebony board.

DV020_Jpg_Jumbo_580091.632_satin_white_b

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jordanjordan

View Post

Ohh man, I'm trying to resist the urge.

amazon.ca had em mistakenly at 27$.... goddamn steal at that price.

Quote Originally Posted by hivedestruction

View Post

I got this for my wife for xmas. Can't wait to jam it. She's gonna {censored} when she see's it. They're her favorite band and she doesn't even know this boxset exists. It's gonna rule.

i'm staring at my amazon box right now... have to wait for christmas to unwrap it.

the Dr.S CC is freaking fantastic though.

what am I gonna do with my V2?

• Members

View Post

For the price I just couldn't resist this nasty little rock'n'roll beast. Plus I believe the white ones come with an ebony board.

Didn't need to know that they have an ebony board...now I want one too.

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Manback1

View Post

Couldn't wait for Santa. Pulled the trigger on this today...should be in my sweaty little hands in a week or so.

$T2eC16J,!)8E9s4l5-79BQ0Jq1tKBw~~60_3.JP

Yep...gotta comment on how snazzy that guitar is. Start a thread, or at least post a review in the Doom Room. I am really interested in these, but there isn't a dealer anywhere near me so I can't try them out.

• Members

View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Harry_Manback1

View Post

Couldn't wait for Santa. Pulled the trigger on this today...should be in my sweaty little hands in a week or so.

$T2eC16J,!)8E9s4l5-79BQ0Jq1tKBw~~60_3.JP

Yep...gotta comment on how snazzy that guitar is. Start a thread, or at least post a review in the Doom Room. I am really interested in these, but there isn't a dealer anywhere near me so I can't try them out.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

THey don't, they're rosewood. Still nice though. There is a higher end LP Special Jr. with 2 P-90s in white, that one comes with ebony and a HSC. Also about $1200.

• Members

View Post

THey don't, they're rosewood. Still nice though. There is a higher end LP Special Jr. with 2 P-90s in white, that one comes with ebony and a HSC. Also about $1200.

Well, nevermind. At that price I'd much rather have an Edwards LP Custom.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

Well, nevermind. At that price I'd much rather have an Edwards LP Custom.

But the LP Special (w/2 P-90s) and a maple board is only $499, pretty hard to beat. And the single Special Jr. in white that is featured here has the rosewood board, also $499, again a pretty killer deal. No Edwards in that price range, plus A$150 or so for shipping oftentimes.

Separate note, tell me how awesome the Blackout Effectors Seriously SPecial Twosome is. I think I might buy that new version that just came out. Love the color, and the tones from both fuzzes. Probably will keep my Pharoah too, which I see you have as well. Redundant, or just love of fuzz? Different enough from each other I would suppose too.

• Members

View Post

Got my LPJr and I think the fretboard is baked maple. It looks like rosewood in color. For a $499 Gibson the maple doesn't bother me.

• Members

View Post

Got my LPJr and I think the fretboard is baked maple. It looks like rosewood in color. For a $499 Gibson the maple doesn't bother me.

According to this from MF, it's rosewood. The 2 p90 pickup model has the baked maple. Wouldn't bother me either. In fact with a mahogany body, maple fretboard probably makes more sense if you want a bit brighter guitar.

Archived