Current Pedalboard - Post Yours (#2)

TheCardiacKid

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Made a couple of changes since BOTB. I didn't really love the Fuzz Factory, so I sold it. Took off the Big Muff (still love it), but I added the new Blackout Effectors Sepcial Twosome, so I've more than made up for adding fuzz. The Diamond Quantum Leap is on loan while I review, but I might keep it. It's a very cool, unusual pedal, and I'm quickly becoming quite fond of it. Oh, and I got a little pedal board light for Xmas which is sort of fun to play around with:

DSCN0077_zps843832cb.jpg

DSCN0083_zpscf70797a.jpg

• Members

Made a couple of changes since BOTB. I didn't really love the Fuzz Factory, so I sold it. Took off the Big Muff (still love it), but I added the new Blackout Effectors Sepcial Twosome, so I've more than made up for adding fuzz. The Diamond Quantum Leap is on loan while I review, but I might keep it. It's a very cool, unusual pedal, and I'm quickly becoming quite fond of it. Oh, and I got a little pedal board light for Xmas which is sort of fun to play around with:

DSCN0077_zps843832cb.jpg

DSCN0083_zpscf70797a.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by warioblast

View Post

^^ How do you like the new Jimi Fuzz Face ?

It's pretty good. I'll be reviewing it for PGS. WHen I got it, it sounded like crap. Very glitchy, and absolutely no sustain. I thought this doesn't sound like any FF I've owned before. Nothing in the manual about a trim pot, but I opened it up, and 2 of them inside. The lower one must've been a bias control, I turned it a quarter turn, and bam, back to a regular fuzz face.

So it's pretty good, but for $10 less or so, the MXR Classic 108 seems like a better value with the buffer built in. Overall though, it sounds good, just doesn't break any new ground, but it does have a 9v adapter which is welcome, and an LED. Cleans up well like a FF should. You can spend more and maybe get more in terms of features, but sonically it's certainly a solid fuzz face for sure.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by warioblast

View Post

^^ How do you like the new Jimi Fuzz Face ?

It's pretty good. I'll be reviewing it for PGS. WHen I got it, it sounded like crap. Very glitchy, and absolutely no sustain. I thought this doesn't sound like any FF I've owned before. Nothing in the manual about a trim pot, but I opened it up, and 2 of them inside. The lower one must've been a bias control, I turned it a quarter turn, and bam, back to a regular fuzz face.

So it's pretty good, but for $10 less or so, the MXR Classic 108 seems like a better value with the buffer built in. Overall though, it sounds good, just doesn't break any new ground, but it does have a 9v adapter which is welcome, and an LED. Cleans up well like a FF should. You can spend more and maybe get more in terms of features, but sonically it's certainly a solid fuzz face for sure.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

DSCN0077_zps843832cb.jpg

DSCN0083_zpscf70797a.jpg

love.gif as always. Those new Twosomes are so classy looking. How do you like the Blunderbuss side?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

DSCN0077_zps843832cb.jpg

DSCN0083_zpscf70797a.jpg

love.gif as always. Those new Twosomes are so classy looking. How do you like the Blunderbuss side?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

Thanks man, I had to be like you with the Twosome and the Pharaoh biggrin.gif I thought they might be redundant, but they aren't. Pharaoh has a lot less gain at the lower levels compared to the Blunderbuss. So I like the Blunderbuss, a lot. I was somewhat concerned, as I had a v1 Musket some time ago. I had liked it a lot with my Fender amp, but then switched to Vox, and really didn't like it. But the Blunderbuss, whether it's my ears now, or maybe it really is a better match for the ac15, whatever it is, it works like a champ now. A real beast. I still like the Pharaoh and my Mayflower combination a lot. The Blunderbuss doesn't need to stack with anything else though, it just rocks on its own. And I had an old Fix'd Fuzz a long time ago too, and I'm glad it's back. It kind of does what I had hoped the Fuzz Factory might do, add some cool fuzz textures, get a little glitchy if you want it to, but overall act like a really good usable fuzz tone. And it does that and some huh? So many cool tones from it. Both will keep me busy for a while.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by t-rey

View Post

Thanks man, I had to be like you with the Twosome and the Pharaoh biggrin.gif I thought they might be redundant, but they aren't. Pharaoh has a lot less gain at the lower levels compared to the Blunderbuss. So I like the Blunderbuss, a lot. I was somewhat concerned, as I had a v1 Musket some time ago. I had liked it a lot with my Fender amp, but then switched to Vox, and really didn't like it. But the Blunderbuss, whether it's my ears now, or maybe it really is a better match for the ac15, whatever it is, it works like a champ now. A real beast. I still like the Pharaoh and my Mayflower combination a lot. The Blunderbuss doesn't need to stack with anything else though, it just rocks on its own. And I had an old Fix'd Fuzz a long time ago too, and I'm glad it's back. It kind of does what I had hoped the Fuzz Factory might do, add some cool fuzz textures, get a little glitchy if you want it to, but overall act like a really good usable fuzz tone. And it does that and some huh? So many cool tones from it. Both will keep me busy for a while.

Archived