Current Pedalboard - Post Yours (#2)

TheCardiacKid

• Replies 6.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

Thanks man, I had to be like you with the Twosome and the Pharaoh biggrin.gif I thought they might be redundant, but they aren't. Pharaoh has a lot less gain at the lower levels compared to the Blunderbuss. So I like the Blunderbuss, a lot. I was somewhat concerned, as I had a v1 Musket some time ago. I had liked it a lot with my Fender amp, but then switched to Vox, and really didn't like it. But the Blunderbuss, whether it's my ears now, or maybe it really is a better match for the ac15, whatever it is, it works like a champ now. A real beast. I still like the Pharaoh and my Mayflower combination a lot. The Blunderbuss doesn't need to stack with anything else though, it just rocks on its own. And I had an old Fix'd Fuzz a long time ago too, and I'm glad it's back. It kind of does what I had hoped the Fuzz Factory might do, add some cool fuzz textures, get a little glitchy if you want it to, but overall act like a really good usable fuzz tone. And it does that and some huh? So many cool tones from it. Both will keep me busy for a while.

View Post

Yeah the Twosome is classy:

DSCN0082_zps8c96fe60.jpg

Thanks for the review - and yes, that Twosome is just about the classiest pedal out there. It is white and green right?

• Members

View Post

Thanks man, I had to be like you with the Twosome and the Pharaoh biggrin.gif I thought they might be redundant, but they aren't. Pharaoh has a lot less gain at the lower levels compared to the Blunderbuss. So I like the Blunderbuss, a lot. I was somewhat concerned, as I had a v1 Musket some time ago. I had liked it a lot with my Fender amp, but then switched to Vox, and really didn't like it. But the Blunderbuss, whether it's my ears now, or maybe it really is a better match for the ac15, whatever it is, it works like a champ now. A real beast. I still like the Pharaoh and my Mayflower combination a lot. The Blunderbuss doesn't need to stack with anything else though, it just rocks on its own. And I had an old Fix'd Fuzz a long time ago too, and I'm glad it's back. It kind of does what I had hoped the Fuzz Factory might do, add some cool fuzz textures, get a little glitchy if you want it to, but overall act like a really good usable fuzz tone. And it does that and some huh? So many cool tones from it. Both will keep me busy for a while.

View Post

Yeah the Twosome is classy:

DSCN0082_zps8c96fe60.jpg

Thanks for the review - and yes, that Twosome is just about the classiest pedal out there. It is white and green right?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by arthurdent'd

View Post

IRG, your pedal flipping has become epic in the past year....

Eh, yes and no. I've had my "core" pedals for a while, the FGC and Pharoah have been around a while now. The Mayflower is here to stay too. Same with the Supernatural. And I don't sell my EHX pedals, except maybe this Superego which I'm not sure what to do with really. The SupaPuss will also stay as my analog delay. I do flip my digital delays though, the M5 has been around a while now. I thought I would sell it, but I quite fancy it. It does so much, why not keep it, and I like the delays and modulation on it. The Twosome is brand new, but I think this time I will keep it long term. The Fuzz Factory I had didn't stay long. Biggest dislike for me was how twitchy the volume was. Below 9 o'clock it was slightly below unity, and at 9 o'clock it was above unity and jumped very quickly. Twosome is awesome. Lastly the Quantum Leap is not mine (yet) but might be. It's such a cool pedal, being a delay (x2), chorus, flanger, and a filter. So I flip some stuff yeah, but I've kept my core pedals for a while now too. A labor of love smile.gif

On the other hand, my amps have been the same for over 2 years. I hope to change that soon though.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by arthurdent'd

View Post

IRG, your pedal flipping has become epic in the past year....

Eh, yes and no. I've had my "core" pedals for a while, the FGC and Pharoah have been around a while now. The Mayflower is here to stay too. Same with the Supernatural. And I don't sell my EHX pedals, except maybe this Superego which I'm not sure what to do with really. The SupaPuss will also stay as my analog delay. I do flip my digital delays though, the M5 has been around a while now. I thought I would sell it, but I quite fancy it. It does so much, why not keep it, and I like the delays and modulation on it. The Twosome is brand new, but I think this time I will keep it long term. The Fuzz Factory I had didn't stay long. Biggest dislike for me was how twitchy the volume was. Below 9 o'clock it was slightly below unity, and at 9 o'clock it was above unity and jumped very quickly. Twosome is awesome. Lastly the Quantum Leap is not mine (yet) but might be. It's such a cool pedal, being a delay (x2), chorus, flanger, and a filter. So I flip some stuff yeah, but I've kept my core pedals for a while now too. A labor of love smile.gif

On the other hand, my amps have been the same for over 2 years. I hope to change that soon though.

Archived