The Ultimate Monsterpiece Appreciation Thread!

HMCMedic

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaaron

View Post

Say, just for reference, would you ever consider doing one of your fuzzes with a "Stupidly Wonderful Tone Control" on special request?

I'm not in the market at the moment, but it might nice.

oh yeah... the SS (Scratchy Snatch) already features a tone control, and now the AD2000 (Angry Dick 2000) does as well

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by duderanimous

View Post

tone cap switch for the Monster Drive booster half of the pedal. Switches between - you guessed it - different value tone caps for a more traditional treble boost, or more full range boost biggrin.gif

That's all you need to take to the gig oh yeah a delay, wah and a vibe too!

• Members

Richard, or others, how does the Mark III compare to other tonebenders out there? Like the Throback or the MJM Britbender. How well does this pedal match up with a Vox ac15? Also, is it possible to have the MkIII in the smaller size, with the jacks on top? I assume this can be powered with a 9v power supply. Thanks.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by IRG

View Post

Richard, or others, how does the Mark III compare to other tonebenders out there? Like the Throback or the MJM Britbender. How well does this pedal match up with a Vox ac15? Also, is it possible to have the MkIII in the smaller size, with the jacks on top? I assume this can be powered with a 9v power supply. Thanks.

MKIII is a Solasound MKII clone and it's a beast. Great tonebender tone and the input bias really lets you dial in the right gain and "intensity" settings. With the bias full out and the gain on full you'll get some noise and oscillation, so stay away from those settings. I liked the MKII a bit better, FWIW. No oscillation when running full out gain and the tone was a little more mellow and rounded. YMMV.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by duderanimous

View Post

here's a teaser pic for someone who wanted theirs like Gearmandude's biggrin.gif

Monsterpiece529-001.jpg

I just bought this one (or a very similar one) from ebay. It sounds GREAT through my practice amp at home; seems to have an incredible amount of output. Will take it to practice tomorrow night and see how it sounds with the band - I have high hopes. Loving it so far.

Love it so much, I'm thinking of ordering another Monsterpiece. Maybe the MKIII, but I understand they can't run off a OneSpot?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by jhamnett

View Post

MKIII is a Solasound MKII clone and it's a beast. Great tonebender tone and the input bias really lets you dial in the right gain and "intensity" settings. With the bias full out and the gain on full you'll get some noise and oscillation, so stay away from those settings. I liked the MKII a bit better, FWIW. No oscillation when running full out gain and the tone was a little more mellow and rounded. YMMV.

I had a Mark II some time ago, I liked it a lot. Not sure why I sold it. Gas for something else most likely. I listened to clips of a Throbak Strange Master today, and liked it a lot. Sort of a treble booster, but it can be a regular booster as well, and/or silicon or germanium chips in it. Not sure which I want more, different beasts. I do need a booster of some sort, but I want another type of fuzz too. Or bothidea.gif

• Members
I had a Mark II some time ago, I liked it a lot. Not sure why I sold it. Gas for something else most likely. I listened to clips of a Throbak Strange Master today, and liked it a lot. Sort of a treble booster, but it can be a regular booster as well, and/or silicon or germanium chips in it. Not sure which I want more, different beasts. I do need a booster of some sort, but I want another type of fuzz too. Or both:idea:

Yeah, just get a MD/MKII Two Headed and you'll be happy :thu:

Dammit, I'm wanting another MKII now... using my Swollen Pickle as a mid focused fuzz for now :lol:

• Members
Yeah, just get a MD/MKII Two Headed and you'll be happy
:thu:

Dammit, I'm wanting another MKII now... using my Swollen Pickle as a mid focused fuzz for now
:lol:

I thought about a 2 head, but I like my pedals separate, more flexibility when it comes to setup.

• Members

Can get separate in/outs for each side :poke:

Yeah I suppose. I kinda have a boner for this treble booster, which is more than a traditional booster: http://proguitarshop.com/store/effects-boost-pedals-throbak-electronics-boost-pedals-c-602_43_634/throbak-electronics-strange-master-treble-booster-p-1881

Not sure how these pedals would work if you don't have them cranked though. Or if they are cranked, but the master volume is low, will they still work effectively.

• Members

I just bought this one (or a very similar one) from ebay. It sounds GREAT through my practice amp at home; seems to have an incredible amount of output. Will take it to practice tomorrow night and see how it sounds with the band - I have high hopes. Loving it so far.

Love it so much, I'm thinking of ordering another Monsterpiece. Maybe the MKIII, but I understand they can't run off a OneSpot?

Yes that one was mine, I liked the sound but I wanted something a little nastier, so I sold it on the bay. Thats funny that a board member ended up buying it from me. Small world.

Archived