The Ultimate Monsterpiece Appreciation Thread!

HMCMedic

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by The Glicks

View Post

Cool man, but we need better pics to be sure - are those your settings? eek.gificon_lol.gif

Thanks! And no, those are not my settings. Those would cause the earth to collapse in a black hole. I took the pics just after I put the new knobs on.

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by hwaorang

View Post

I wanted to show you guys my pimped up Monsterpiece. I got it a while back from a dude at TGP. It sounded great, but I didn't like the looks (sorry Richard redface.gif). So I decided to get my mojo workin' and slap some paint on it. I'm most certainly not a professional artist, but for a first try it could have been a lot worse. So, time for piccies! (sorry for the crappy pics, but all I've got is a cellphone cam frown.gif )

Before

Fotos-0055.jpg

After

Fotos-0056.jpg

Fotos-0059.jpg

Fotos-0060.jpg

Fotos-0061.jpg

I really really like the look of this.

• Members

just a quick bump on how awesome Richard's work is, since i've revisited my NPN pedal recently. I've started playing electric again after some time playin acoustic and rediscovered my love for this pedal! I've realized that fuzz in general is one of the few things that can rival acoustic guitars in feel and playing loudly or gently, and the NPN is one of the most versatile on top of that. cop.gif

I don't really like the settings I used to rawk out on as much, but there are lots of other places to be in this pedal that guide you to other playing styles and genres. Particularly, it's been working for fingerstyle playing for me r/now.biggrin.gif

ps. richard you have a pm!

• Members

I just ordered an NPN, and I can't wait, but I have to...for a month... :'( Anyone know if it pairs up well with a Dirty Little Secret? Thinking about dropping my Crunch Box for a DLS for two reasons:

DLS comes in orange, and I always set the gain on my CB below noon.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Amiller1121

View Post

I just ordered an NPN, and I can't wait, but I have to...for a month... :'( Anyone know if it pairs up well with a Dirty Little Secret? Thinking about dropping my Crunch Box for a DLS for two reasons:

DLS comes in orange, and I always set the gain on my CB below noon.

HELL YES IT PAIRS WELL WITH A DLS!!!

• Members

was reminiscing about my old keeley fuzz head today so put it back on my board temporarily. unfortunately for it, right next to my trusty npn.

the monsterpiece can get very similar lighter fuzz tones with the bias full CW and the fuzz rolled back a bit. glassy chime and very articulate. but the npn is a more nuanced, not to mention immeansly more flexible. npn wins hands down.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

ok, what have I been working one? These and more biggrin.gif

First is a couple of Fuzz Face enclosures... I put a Monsterpiece Classic circuit in the red one that has the input bias control as an internal trimpot. Also, the gray one has a Roger Mayer fuzz circuit in it that needed repair (it's fixed now)

Monsterpiece524-001.jpg

Next are pedals for various forumites.

Monsterpiece525-527.jpg

Archived