The Ultimate Monsterpiece Appreciation Thread!

HMCMedic

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I tried out the NPN in a band setting at rehearsal today. It even exceeded my expectations. It is, like the classic, an incredibly dynamic pedal, but has more gain on tap. A keeper for sure. Thanks Richard!

next teaser pic
:cool:

Monsterpiece541-001.jpg

• Members

I bought a very cool little device called a Batt-O-Meter that has a 1/4 inch male plug that plugs into the input of most stompboxes and tells you how much battery life you have left. My band had a gig yesterday and I noticed that my MK II was sounding sputtery so I plugged the Batt-O-Meter into the input of my MP Mark II and it gave me an error reading. I didn't recognize the reading at the time but I pulled the battery and tested it with the little side mounted direct battery tester. It was low so I replaced it. I tested it again today and it gave me another error reading. This time I had the little chart to see what the reading meant. Realizing that this pedal is on a positive ground circuit and slightly different than most stompboxes I tested my MP Classic, also a positive ground circuit, and my NPN, which is a negative ground circuit, today to see if the Batt-O-Meter would read their battery lives and it worked fine on both of them. Since I like batteries for fuzz and wah this little deal-io should save me a lot of grief on many levels, but I don't know why it won't work on the MK II which is on my gigging pedalboard. Any suggestions? Thanks.

• Members
I bought a very cool little device called a Batt-O-Meter that has a 1/4 inch male plug that plugs into the input of
most
stompboxes and tells you how much battery life you have left. My band had a gig yesterday and I noticed that my MK II was sounding sputtery so I plugged the Batt-O-Meter into the input of my MP Mark II and it gave me an error reading. I didn't recognize the reading at the time but I pulled the battery and tested it with the little side mounted direct battery tester. It was low so I replaced it. I tested it again today and it gave me another error reading. This time I had the little chart to see what the reading meant. Realizing that this pedal is on a positive ground circuit and slightly different than most stompboxes I tested my MP Classic, also a positive ground circuit, and my NPN, which is a negative ground circuit, today to see if the Batt-O-Meter would read their battery lives and it worked fine on both of them. Since I like batteries for fuzz and wah this little deal-io should save me a lot of grief on many levels, but I don't know why it won't work on the MK II which is on my gigging pedalboard. Any suggestions? Thanks.

:idk:
the MKII input jack would not be wired any differently than the Classic, so I have no idea why it is not working on the MKII, but IS working for your Classic.

If you can, PM me some pics of the MKII and Classic guts.

• Members
That logo is scarily similar to the Nazi SS logo...just sayin'

i was thinkin the same thing loobs. nice ss logo you got there... :cop:
especially with the pedal tilted that way.
i wonder what the request was :cool: "i dont want duderanimous to think im a nazi, so i'll just ask him to put 2 lightning bolts on the front of my 2 headed monster" :lol:

Archived