Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

41WUrJx.jpg

Thinking about replacing the Nova System with an M9 of I can scratch together the cash. Smaller and better routing options. Interface might be a tad more intuitive as well, though there can be no doubt the that Nova System is the more powerful unit. We'll have to see how the M9 works on the midi front as well. Having a midi-aware dirt box has transformed my life.

• 5 weeks later...
  • Members

56ElooL.jpg

This is my current (bass)rig. Just picked up the furman board and volume pedal on monday. The furman board was custom modded to have an XLR patch in it for vocal pedals. Not using this feature yet, but I'm really excited to. Using the zoom G2 in the back currently as a tuner, noisegate, and delay. Volume pedal is, I believe, a vintage morley that I'm actually using backwards for weird drowned out feedback swells. The silver big muff is for a straight up decimated tone sound(almost bit crushed) while the bass muff is ran in "dry" mode for a super thick distorted bass tone. Biyang Tri-Verb is in hall mode "B" setting and the knobs are tweaked on the fly as it's used to create chaos. That goes into the MXR 10 band eq which is set nearly identical to Jesse from Death From Above 1979's. That runs into my jamman which is used both for looping and sampling(in between songs we have interludes that play while we tune) Last thing is the Boss footswitch which activates my tuner/mutes my signal. This all runs into a 1978 Peavey Mark III Bass head, into a custom made oversized 210 with eminence kappa pro-10a's and a mid 60s 15' organ speaker cabinet that has an, I believe, 20" horn that I also installed casters into. With a Fender Modern Player Jazz.

• Members
56ElooL.jpg

This is my current (bass)rig. Just picked up the furman board and volume pedal on monday. The furman board was custom modded to have an XLR patch in it for vocal pedals. Not using this feature yet, but I'm really excited to. Using the zoom G2 in the back currently as a tuner, noisegate, and delay. Volume pedal is, I believe, a vintage morley that I'm actually using backwards for weird drowned out feedback swells. The silver big muff is for a straight up decimated tone sound(almost bit crushed) while the bass muff is ran in "dry" mode for a super thick distorted bass tone. Biyang Tri-Verb is in hall mode "B" setting and the knobs are tweaked on the fly as it's used to create chaos. That goes into the MXR 10 band eq which is set nearly identical to Jesse from Death From Above 1979's. That runs into my jamman which is used both for looping and sampling(in between songs we have interludes that play while we tune) Last thing is the Boss footswitch which activates my tuner/mutes my signal. This all runs into a 1978 Peavey Mark III Bass head, into a custom made oversized 210 with eminence kappa pro-10a's and a mid 60s 15' organ speaker cabinet that has an, I believe, 20" horn that I also installed casters into. With a Fender Modern Player Jazz.

interesting setup, would like to hear what you play with it :)

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Here's mine!! Just wanna share my pedalboard, not a DIY kinda guy so I paid. :)

I found a local guy that made this for me. Pretty straight forward.

It looked like a pedal train but its got a 2nd tier (half tier). He cam make a full tier if you want to but wont fit a volume/wah pedal. I wanted it so it can fit my wah pedal. Measures about 30" x 12". Fits perfect on my used keyboard case. It comes unfinished but I had him put coat of polyurethane. I hope you like it.

IMG_4626_zps7462c44e.png

FullSizeRender_zps7b1ec407.jpg

FullSizeRender_zpsd158e9ab.jpg

• Members

Here is mine:

Bunch of Subdecay pedals - Vitruvian Mod (Ring Mod), Prometheus (filters) Siren (Vibrato), Anamnesis Echo.

VFE, all 4 Horses (3 drives and a compressor), Bumblebee (slow attack)

Couple EHX, B9, PitchFork.

Mad Professor Simble (used as a boost)

Lo-fi pedals - IE Frantabit, Geiger Counter C.I.

& Pareidolia, RedPanda Particle, Strymon ElCap, ZoomCDR, Topanga, Ditto x2, MoogDrive, Zvex Sonar

PedalBoardFeb2015.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

My current rig:

Sonic Research strobe pedal tuner, Wampler Decibel for buffering, wampler ego compressor, Wampler Faux Tape echo, Mooer boost (for tone shaping), Aphex big bottom tone shaper, Xotic BBmb preamp for low gain distortion, Chandler Tube Driver w/bias control for higher gain distortion songs, TWA Little Dipper, Carl Martin classic flange, mooer trelicopter vibrato, another mooer boost for lead boosting, TC Electronic Corona chorus, TC Electronic Ditto looper, TC voice helicon.

In the corner next to the pedalboard you can see the edge of my Beat Buddy drum pedal for home practice.

There is a TC PolyTune Electronic tuner in the middle of the board that is connected to an acoustic guitar when we play shows that need acoustics. However, it isn't as accurate as the Sonic Research strobe tuner at the bottom right so I don't use it much.

That round flange at the top of the board that is where my mic stand screws into the pedal board.

4f8eb7403d4d3c44fef4427277d0b5d4.thumb.JPG.0e84721157c2cd9d1cf859d1b05397bf.JPG

• 4 months later...
  • Members

Do some research first. The Nova System is a great sounding system. I would pick it over the M9. The M9s MIDI implementation is crippled at best. I wanted to be able to use my Nova drive with my M9 and it wont work. Drives me nuts that Line6 couldnt put full MIDI capability into the M9.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Well about 99% complete. Just waiting on my Loopmaster mini A/B pedal...and I need to tidy up the cables. The Keeley 30ms just arrived today. All I can say is WOW!!! And that is in mono mode! The Vox wah isn't hooked up yet.

I use the EVH Flanger & Phase 90, as well as the Carbon Copy through my EVH 5150iii The rest are used with my 65 PRRI. Having the Loopmaster looper makes it great to remove unused pedals from your chain until needed!

I am sure I will still buy more pedals but it feels so good to be completely happy with the tones I can get. I am very proud of how my board has evolved over the years.

ELPMg3V.jpg

SgSepZU.jpg

m2FKK47.jpg

• Members

haven't posted an update of my board for a long time. the cabling is still messy and there is a lot of dust, who cares

signal chain goes:

modded gcb-95 wah - korg pitchblack -> semaphore -> lpb-1 -> eqd hoof -> little big muff -> ts-9 -> quasar dlx -> DMM xo -> sdd300 pedal -> stereo to TC HoF -> left side BOYC Tweed Royal -> right side Laney LC15R

big muff is set for singing sustain, hoof is for nasty scooped mids and other stuff. from time to time there is a micro pog, or fl301, hcfx octophant and some other pedals which can hop on and off the board

fetch?id=31627434

• Members

ups sorry for the double posts, but forum told me and "JSON error in line 1 character 20, unexpected whitepsace" or so, and did not show me it was already posted. i deleted the duplicates, hopefully this does not create more problems :)

• Members
t_e_l_e' date=' how do you like the XO version of the Muff?[/quote']

love it, i have a big version reissue also, i did not do a head to head comparison but i think they sound quite similar, but the little big muff does use much lesser space on the board

• Members
I would think you would want the loopmaster at the bottom so it is easier to reach^^^^^

I originally had it there but the cables took up some board space. I am experimenting with George L's and also those pancake patch cables with the flat jacks. The George L's save a little space...but not enough for me to redo my whole board. I am so used to the way it is now that it's not hard to reach.

Archived