Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members
Update of my non Midi-Switcher pedalboard... still trying to master the tap dancing...

2014-10-25173103_zps702b6a08.jpg

Nice board cornman! Doesn't the 2nd row seem redundant with the H9 on board though? That first row is droolworthy!

• Members

Nice board cornman! Doesn't the 2nd row seem redundant with the H9 on board though? That first row is droolworthy!

You may think so, but not really. I have been using the H9 mostly for moduations and some doubling. Besides it allows me to switch the order of delay and reverb for some experimentation. The compress part of the chain is at the begining just after the dedicated tuner which I still cant seem to let go of. Also the TimeFactor has the aditional control with the Aux switch (very home made) while the H9 is controlled with the Exp Pedal.

So in some way it may be redundant, but somehow I'm forcing it not to... he he he ;-)

I'll take the liberty to update the picture in this post. Better camera=better picture and there is a small change ;)

cf59ef40-a660-45eb-b552-e52af5dccdb7_zps98449d03.jpg

• Members

Hi Phil. I love the Half Gainer! It is my fav OD right now. It sounds great with my rig, is very tweak able and with two switchable gain settings it is a great live pedal. The EQ knob is also extremely usable. I've come to the conclusion that low gain OD, boost and fuzz are where it is at for me and the HG produces my favorite low gain tones so far.

The HG is my first Barber pedal and now I am kicking myself for waiting so long.

• Members

Hi Phil. I love the Half Gainer! It is my fav OD right now. It sounds great with my rig, is very tweak able and with two switchable gain settings it is a great live pedal. The EQ knob is also extremely usable. I've come to the conclusion that low gain OD, boost and fuzz are where it is at for me and the HG produces my favorite low gain tones so far. The HG is my first Barber pedal and now I am kicking myself for waiting so long.

• Members

The Soul Food's and the HG sound pretty different in my rig. I prefer to use the Soul Food as a boost and stack it with the Half Gainer and Octophant. With the gain up a little it adds a little bit of a mid boost, which I like. I have my Half Gainer set up with an edge of break up tone for the first channel and a heavier gain setting for the second channel. Mix that with the SF and I have quite a versatile OD palette. Then there is the Octophant which I kick in when I need to get nasty.

Archived