Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by tri99er

View Post

Trimmed down to minimal, and loving it

347055344490517.jpg

I definitely love the minimalism here. Thought about it myself. Then after a couple of beers I played my rig more thoroughly tonite, and I actually think it's as close to perfect as I'll get without spending a lot. I'm on to photography GAS now. Cheers Jay!

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by sondeladick

View Post

Can I ask why you don't spread the pedals out more? Short cables? Have you ever considered getting one of those musicom lab controllers to do what the peak and loop strip can do but with a smaller footprint? idn_smilie.gif

Tbh, I don't know if I'd be willing to take the time to figure out how to set it all up. The Peak, right now, is just so simple to use since all I've got it doing is selecting the presets on the Timeline. I'd like to set it up to control the TL, Space, and Pitchfactor, but I haven't taken the time to dive into CC's and whatnot yet. I got a great tutorial from an awesome forumite here awhile back, but still haven't made complete sense of it yet.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Zappa74

View Post

shot_1325223769178Zz.jpg

The ic muff has been stealing time from my sovtek. In doing so, it's really made me aware of how poopy the bypass on the sovtek is icon_lol.gif

IC Muff love.gif

Quote Originally Posted by CrystalLake

View Post

Last one for a while. Very happy with this setup.

IMG_0345.jpg

That looks fun! What's the gold pedal?

Quote Originally Posted by hooya

View Post

Here's the new small board.

100_0643.JPG

The purple mystery box is a fuzz.

Fun synthy times with the bassoon! :-)

New big board will be ready in a week.

Man I wish you lived closer to me. I would love to jam with a bassoonist wave.gif

Quote Originally Posted by delayed delay

View Post

Got it wired up with The Elements that I just got in.... that pedal is freaking awesome btw... thumb.gif:

91698e7e.jpg

I promise... no more board pics for a while... icon_lol.gif

The lack of symmetry in your board really bothers me. That being said, I would rock that board hard thumb.gif

Quote Originally Posted by papersun

View Post

Adventurous settings you've got on the Hot Cake there.

what's the opposite of boost? cut? maybe he is using it as a clean cut...?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdarko

View Post

The lack of symmetry in your board really bothers me. That being said, I would rock that board hard thumb.gif ...

icon_lol.gif... no offense taken, but could you be a little more specific for me? Maybe I could explain why I have it set up the way I do.

It's all about easier access for me. Keep in mind all of the OD/boost/dirts are left 'on', and just selected via the TB strip; so I don't really need to stomp on them at all. I use the VP pedal alot for swells, so I need to be able to access that fairly easily, and then the Timeline is controlled by the Peak, and I use delay A LOT... and then while I don't use it a ton, the Quasar DLX is easily accessible as well. The Space gets used a lot too, and it's location is pretty key too, along with it's aux switch and then the amp switcher. I play lots of lead and sing a lot too, so the easier access, the better. Having to get creative w/ my pedal positioning has really made me a much more proficient lead player - I have to cover 3 parts on a lot of songs we do: keys, lead, and the 2nd rhythm line. We play a lot of Hillsong and Generation Unleashed stuff, and there's quite a few effects and parts going on, so while I'm not complaining at all, I have to cover a lot of stuff, and the Pitchfactor is pretty easy to access as well. But seriously... I'd really like to know what you'd do differently; you and Crxsh both have said that's not how you'd do it at all, so I'd just like to know. smile.gif

• Members

It would be interesting if we could do some kind of study on the correlation between board size/value, player's chops, and player's musicality. My hypothesis is that there is no correlation between any of these, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't try, damnit.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction

View Post

nice stuff!...how is the Wah?

Only have it about a month and when I first get a new pedal, like any with too many controls, I seem to spend more time fiddling with them than playing. I haven't settled on a setting yet. It mates well with the Sunface but you have to take a lot of the bass out of it as the red dot NKT 275 is a little dark sounding with my amp. Looking forward to putting some Lava cables on these to clean it up aesthetically and sonically.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaltones

View Post

Only have it about a month and when I first get a new pedal, like any with too many controls, I seem to spend more time fiddling with them than playing. I haven't settled on a setting yet. It mates well with the Sunface but you have to take a lot of the bass out of it as the red dot NKT 275 is a little dark sounding with my amp. Looking forward to putting some Lava cables on these to clean it up aesthetically and sonically.

oh yes, cables would be sweet for your stuff - i use the Ernie Ball Wah a.t.m. but i am always intressted in the RMCs with more control options. - thanks for your info.

• Members

back and forth and back again:

to lazy for pics: EB Wah - Pitch Black - Uber Vibe - Philosopher's Tone - EQD White Light - Fix'd Fuzz - Zero - Railhead TUA - Diamond Vibrato - Echo 600B - Damage Control Demonizer (as preamp set to clean a.t.m.) - Time Factor - Jamman Stereo

i have to sell some stuff for other pedals (Prometheus DLX and Pitch Factor at the top of the list) second pedal train 2 or pro - better power supply and more cables -.-

sure enough on my board - but i want the Steroid O.D., Fuzz God II and a few others available with just one step.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by sparkfriction

View Post

oh yes, cables would be sweet for your stuff - i use the Ernie Ball Wah a.t.m. but i am always intressted in the RMCs with more control options. - thanks for your info.

No problem. I chose the RMC3 because of the versitility. If you change amps or go from single coils to hb's you won't have to change wah's. Just more tweaking and a stiff back.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Pedaltones

View Post

My daughter was twiddling the dials when I was hunting for the camera. All the colors, lights and dials are a magnet for kids

Figured it was something like that. I was just giving you grief, you've got great stuff.

25588512355511e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

Showdown happening between M9 and DMMTT. I don't need both so if the DMMTT can top the M9's delays I'll off it and get an RV-5/Nova Reverb for verb stuff. Either way, the loser will fund a new power supply for me. redface.gif

• Members

View Post

Figured it was something like that. I was just giving you grief, you've got great stuff.

Showdown happening between M9 and DMMTT. I don't need both so if the DMMTT can top the M9's delays I'll off it and get an RV-5/Nova Reverb for verb stuff. Either way, the loser will fund a new power supply for me. redface.gif

That's a sweet board man! I'm guessing that Rat clone was built by Aaron? If so we're running the same Timmy/Rat combo and it sounds glorious. Are you liking the DMMTT? I had one for a bit, but it honestly didn't do a whole lot for me.

• Members

View Post

Wild XP-100 appears.

• Members

DSC_0001.jpg

It is difficult to see, but the top panel is the lid to a box that hides all of my wires and power cables. I just recently carpeted the entire thing. I do a lot of looping and have always been able to make great use of the octave for base lines. The top left is a zoom player 3000 which is just an ancient multi effect that even has a talk box effect. I picked this up after I realized I seriously have a problem of just scanning the internet/GC/Craigslist for any good deals.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by steven.derz

View Post

So its poor (cell phone) quality and I'm not sure if this will even work but I attempted to attach a picture of my board.

It is difficult to see, but the top panel is the lid to a box that hides all of my wires and power cables. I just recently carpeted the entire thing. I do a lot of looping and have always been able to make great use of the octave for base lines. The top left is a zoom player 3000 which is just an ancient multi effect that even has a talk box effect.

I seem to get all my distortion from the multi pedal lately, so i have been considering trading the boss distortion for something else. any suggestions? maybe a decent synth that is the single box size?

fix'd

attachment.php?attachmentid=341408&d=132

welcome to the board wave.gif

Edit: Snarling Dogs are great thumb.gif

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewzo

View Post

That's a sweet board man! I'm guessing that Rat clone was built by Aaron? If so we're running the same Timmy/Rat combo and it sounds glorious. Are you liking the DMMTT? I had one for a bit, but it honestly didn't do a whole lot for me.

Thanks, man! The Muff is the black one, AaronSS built it for me last summer. Sounds amazing. The Rat is the blue one, I got it off some random TGPer a few months back.

I knew you had a DMMTT, I was trying scrounge up cash 'cause I wanted to buy it. redface.gif Came up a bit short. I haven't really had opportunity to spend as much time with it as I'd like given the holiday madness but I think some time will open up this week. So far, it sounds great. Still trying to find the modulation sweet spot. Using it live will be the real test.

Edit: Tell me about how you're combining the Rat and Timmy. Timmy > Rat? Rat > Timmy? Settings? snacks.gif

Quote Originally Posted by TomVanDeven

View Post

Wild XP-100 appears.

Haha, yeah. It sounds terrible and is a ridiculous tone sucker. Sure is fun, though.

• Members

View Post

Edit: Tell me about how you're combining the Rat and Timmy. Timmy > Rat? Rat > Timmy? Settings? snacks.gif

You didn't ask me, but I always run Rat -> Timmy when I do this, with whatever settings I'm using otherwise for those two pedals.

• Members

View Post

View Post

Oooh man, I love it. I went through a lot of phasers and this one has stuck for nearly a year.

Come to think of it, I'm not sure I've ever run it post-dirt. Pre-dirt it sounds like a wah. Has a bit of a volume boost but I like it, cuts in a mix. Can get REAL swooshy.

awesome, whats good about it? compared to others? just it nails the phase sound for you?

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by Operator

View Post

Yeah I love this amp!

Oh, the pink one is actually a Way Huge Pork Loin, and the one to the right of it is a Durham Crazy Horse.

Way Huge, that's what I meant! And as I thought. Crazy Horse. How is it?

Archived