Current Pedalboard - Post yours

shipatsea

• Members

Way Huge, that's what I meant! And as I thought. Crazy Horse. How is it?

My favorite dirt pedal. I got it a few years ago, and while I have a bunch of fuzz pedals that I really like, this is the one I spend the most time with. There are a ton of textures in it.

• Replies 57.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Quote Originally Posted by delayed delay

View Post

... no offense taken, but could you be a little more specific for me? Maybe I could explain why I have it set up the way I do.

It's all about easier access for me. Keep in mind all of the OD/boost/dirts are left 'on', and just selected via the TB strip; so I don't really need to stomp on them at all. I use the VP pedal alot for swells, so I need to be able to access that fairly easily, and then the Timeline is controlled by the Peak, and I use delay A LOT... and then while I don't use it a ton, the Quasar DLX is easily accessible as well. The Space gets used a lot too, and it's location is pretty key too, along with it's aux switch and then the amp switcher. I play lots of lead and sing a lot too, so the easier access, the better. Having to get creative w/ my pedal positioning has really made me a much more proficient lead player - I have to cover 3 parts on a lot of songs we do: keys, lead, and the 2nd rhythm line. We play a lot of Hillsong and Generation Unleashed stuff, and there's quite a few effects and parts going on, so while I'm not complaining at all, I have to cover a lot of stuff, and the Pitchfactor is pretty easy to access as well. But seriously... I'd really like to know what you'd do differently; you and Crxsh both have said that's not how you'd do it at all, so I'd just like to know. smile.gif

Quote Originally Posted by delayed delay

View Post

Got it wired up with The Elements that I just got in.... that pedal is freaking awesome btw... thumb.gif:

91698e7e.jpg

I promise... no more board pics for a while... icon_lol.gif

I can't speak for Crxsh, but for me it is simply the aesthetics of it, and nothing more. I am a little OCD icon_lol.gif A board just needs to look right. I completely understand that this makes no real sense, and that the practical placement of pedals based on function should trump placing them based on aesthetics. I simply try to find the middle ground, have even spacing, and make it look nice.

I would like to emphasize once again that I would rock your board hard thumb.gif

let me give you a couple examples of my previous boards over the years...

BOTB20093.jpg

IMG00005.jpg

DSCF1908.jpg

facepalm.gif I have a problem

• Members

this is my current setup, which I'm still working on. I am test driving a few different things that Crxsh is sending me next week, so nothing is wired up permanently yet. the sloppiness makes my OCD go into overload...mad.gif

1222110123.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdarko

View Post

I can't speak for Crxsh, but for me it is simply the aesthetics of it, and nothing more. I am a little OCD icon_lol.gif A board just needs to look right. I completely understand that this makes no real sense, and that the practical placement of pedals based on function should trump placing them based on aesthetics. I simply try to find the middle ground, have even spacing, and make it look nice.

I would like to emphasize once again that I would rock your board hard thumb.gif

BOTB20093.jpg

IMG00005.jpg

DSCF1908.jpg

Agreed. And 2nd'd.

DSC04445.jpg

DSC05630.jpg

0c40d8d4.jpg

crxsh.jpg

I like tidy boards.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by drummerdarko

View Post

DSCF1908.jpg

That last one is DEFINITELY my favorite - for organizational purposes, that is. Everything would be easily accessible for me if I could find a way to afford a Musicom Lab... and then I could get rid of my TB switcher and Peak, and just control everything from the Musicom...

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by AngryGoldfish

View Post

Oh, sorry, I meant what pedalboard brand/make were you using in those older pictures? I should have been more clear. tongue.gif

Its a Gator. I dont remember the exact model, but it had a soft case and 2 Gator Power Supplies mounted underneath. I loved that board

• Members

Here it is at the moment, the board is a DIY. The space on the right is for a wah and the other space is for either a fuzz or a tremolo I have not decided yet.

3a558ffe.jpg

A crappy dark shot icon_lol.gif

f5ce458a.jpg

Here is the full rig, its really cut down for living in Japan but it does its job well for now smile.gif

37d01b32.jpg

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by papersun

View Post

That Strat love.gif

That Edwards love.gif

That board love.gif

Talk about the HT Dual?

The HT dual is my main gain sound, put a EHX tube in it as it puts a little more air and life into the sound.

I use channel 1 (overdrive) for a an AC/DC like crunch and channel 2 for anything heavier. I also boost it with SD-1 for lead tones.

The Jetcity 20w combo is set just at the point of break up if I wack the stings, or cleanish if I play lightly this seems to compliment the HT-dual well.. The HT- dual works just as well with a clean amp.

It can do anything from classic rock to heavier Sounds well.

Here is an old crappy clip, it was going through the clean channel of a 100w Marshall DSL

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/page...songID=7511883

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by 9520575

View Post

talk to me about that bridge pickup in your strat

A SD custom custom with a coil tap. The middle pickup is a SD ssl5 and the neck is a Seymour Duncan lil'59. I have modded the hell out of that strat over the last 17+ years. It looked very different when I got it at a guitar show in 2004.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by TomCray

View Post

Out Fuzz Factory and Small Stone, in Spring Chicken and Octron. It's got a funky signal chain: TT, octron, Tim, RRR, PS-3, Dual Fuzz, DM-2, SC, that way I have fuzz sandwiched between delay/reverb.

dsc02286d.jpg

love.gif

Archived