Another Roland Countdown!

flat earth

• Members

I set 'em up and you knock 'em down.
:)

So, no joke, what was the last Roland product you ... (cough). .. loved?

The JD990, used to have that one for a few weeks. Great sound, but I didn't have any use for it.. Also the V-synth seems very cool.

Other than those, only the older stuff, though I haven't actually played any of those. Products like the Fantom series do nothing to me.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I don't think the V-Piano was ever intended to be a sales star ... It's a typical flagship product in that its meant to showcase a new technology in a very attractive product ...

If I could afford one and hard the space, I'd buy one in a second ... VERY beautiful sounding piano and it will make a great addition to Roland's upcoming products ...

• Members

Has anyone mentioned that this is probably just their Summer NAMM lineup, considering Roland didn't go this year?

Or the slow down, slowed down the release of their OASYS killer and MV8800 replacment so they are going to release on the NAMM killer called the web.

Rudess mentioned the big three are having a real hard time justifying top of the range stuff just now. In the case of the Fantom G if that does not sell it will not be just down to the current climate (foot bang shot I suspect)

:wave:

• Members

Only a few more days! Tuesday at 11 AM EST here in the States for the big reveal! From that YouTube video, it appears that Roland is launching a Nord Electro Type products, Sans Organ.

sans organ? oh, a digital piano. Cool. Just what we need. Great marketing strategy Roland. A keyboard with the sounds of a piano, a rhodes, a wurli, a clav, and an electric grand. It's not a digital piano is it? No. It's an Electro-killer sans organ.

• Members

They had such an opportunity to appeal to the already niche market with the AX-7 successor, the AX-Synth and they made that thing the size of a surf board. Even this excessively large of a man is dwarfed by the AX-Synth

Your just jealous cos they won't make you one in black like they did for Jarre:

[YOUTUBE]RU96K10FyLA[/YOUTUBE]

:lol:

Archived