Another Roland Countdown!

flat earth

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i wish someone would really just jump in with both feet into the computer recording thing and offer a 3 or 4 chip DSP box with zero latency audio and let it run several different synths at at time. i mean directly from roland, yamaha or korg. not 3rd part boxes that offer clones of synths.

• Members

Well as I predicted a long time ago Roland had been working on a new synth with 100% analogue signal path and a complete set of digital functions pushing it well in to work station territory. Jupiter 64 (64 vioces in analogue mode).

Apparently the highest quality synth ever made but thanks to new tooling allowing mass production it will be the cheapest in class by a big margin.

That's bloody typical all we wanted was another plastic rehash with horrendous pricing. What were they thinking argh :mad:

:D :D :D

• Members

There have been rumors of a VG-100 virtual guitar unit, pissing off all of those who bought the VG-99 and never saw a software update past 1.4 and never accommodated for things like Vista-64 (there's a workaround) or Snow Leopard or some of the other things that Roland admitted they could actually correct but have not thus far.

Oh and "oops, we forgot to include smooth patch change mode from the GT-Pro of which there are two in the VG". Yeah.

VG-99 = still great but could have been better. Maybe we'll get an update. Maybe not.

• Members

That's one of the songs that I was thinking of when I saw the Roland Connect website. The other was Peter Schilling's Major Tom (Coming Home) from Error in the System, recently covered by Shiny Toy Guns, who are Roland endorsees.

• Members

Possibilities: Fantom G Rack

Can't see it. The thing would need three or four MIDI inputs, and racks are largely dead, market-wise. :(

V-Synth GT Rack

Hope so, except with the D-50 card returning!

V-Piano technology in FP or RD piano

Probably too soon for the FP/RD line, but I can see them putting it into their high-end home grand piano line, perhaps with four speakers to take advantage of their multichannel ambience stuff.

New groovebox

Please oh please be better than an MC-909... :love:

New VK organ

About time...

New V-Guitar

The VG-99 doesn't count?

New V-Drums

Yep, the TD-20's been around for years and needs an update badly.

I want a Fantom-G 2.0 update! Probably won't happen before Winter NAMM tho'. :cry:

Actually, I want a replacement for the A-70/90 controllers more than anything.

Archived