bugera 6202 first impressions

megagoo

• Members
Well, do you prefer the 5150? Otherwise you'll just be buying another XXX. They're pretty much exact clones.

I've never played a 5150, but the general idea I get from forums is that it's a beast metal amp.

Exact clone of a ~$1k amp for only $400-500? :confused:

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
I've never played a 5150, but the general idea I get from forums is that it's a beast metal amp.

Exact clone of a ~$1k amp for only $400-500?
:confused:

Ah, new member. Check out a ton of information that's already on these boards on these things since last year's NAMM. Definitely just use the search function on this one.

• Members

Exact clone of a ~$1k amp for only $400-500?
:confused:

You can click on some of the links here to get an idea of how the 5150 sounds and then type in Peavey xxx on the search box there to compare: http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=peavey+5150

• Members

yeah I doubt there is only 1 person on teh intrawebz who like egypt. But there pharaoh I knew was actually known as that as well, like when I would call the shop they knew him as pharoah...

hey Scott, did this The Great pharaoh guy you dealt with, tour at all?

Not sure, never heard of touring. Claimed to have a killer studio setup and a pile of Bogner 100Bs, one off SLOs, etc.

• Members

Well I have a XXX, but I found myself falling in love with the crunch tone, it sounded more natural and organic than the ultra tone, which is why im half-eying some cheap metal amps to A/B, or if the Bugera has good crunch too, replace my XXX all together.

• Members

Not sure, never heard of touring. Claimed to have a killer studio setup and a pile of Bogner 100Bs, one off SLOs, etc.

yeah, I dont think this is the same guy.

Pharaoh never mentioned a studio, has a {censored}load of guitars though.

but he plays through a H&Ketner, and is thinking about buying a ENGL SE EL34 off me...

so I dunno..

pretty coincidental though, so i see where you are coming from.

• Members

yeah, I dont think this is the same guy.

Pharaoh never mentioned a studio, has a {censored}load of guitars though.

but he plays through a H&Ketner, and is thinking about buying a ENGL SE EL34 off me...

so I dunno..

pretty coincidental though, so i see where you are coming from.

The Pharoah I know would NEVER play an ENGL so maybe it is not the same guy.

• Members

Well I have a XXX, but I found myself falling in love with the crunch tone, it sounded more natural and organic than the ultra tone, which is why im half-eying some cheap metal amps to A/B, or if the Bugera has good crunch too, replace my XXX all together.

You might be able to get the heavier sounds you want by boosting the crunch channel with an eq or overdrive pedal, but these amps seem like a good deal if they don't fall apart and really do go to market soon.

• Members

The Pharoah I know would NEVER play an ENGL so maybe it is not the same guy.

I am just now getting "into" teh t00bz, so I am still learning...

I started with a HiWatt, then got Engls, then Kustoms, now I gotz teh Orange and teh Bugeras. Supposed to get the EVH next month too...

but I have never heard a Bogner, or a Splawn, or a real Soldano....

would like to tho.. but dang they are really 'spenzive...

• Members

You might be able to get the heavier sounds you want by boosting the crunch channel with an eq or overdrive pedal, but these amps seem like a good deal if they don't fall apart and really do go to market soon.

well, they are supposed to be "readily available" as of this week....

so we will see...

I really like the one I have in the store. but like I said, I am still new at the t00b thing

• Members

I started with a HiWatt, then got Engls, then Kustoms, now I gotz teh Orange and teh Bugeras. Supposed to get the EVH next month too...

I played through a Bogner Shiva and a Fuchs Triple Overdrive Supreme at the ripe age of 16 :D

• Members

No biggie, most people not on forums have never heard of the boutique stuff :lol: Most bedroom hacks here, me included, have better gear than national acts :lol:

• Members
guess this is where my ignorance will come in, I never talked amps with him, just gits. He had an awesome esp collection...

I bought a guitar from Pharoah at World of Strings. He was a great guy. He sold it for about $300 less than any other ESP dealer would as well.:thu:

• Members
No biggie, most people not on forums have never heard of the boutique stuff
:lol:
Most bedroom hacks here, me included, have better gear than national acts

lol. I'd be a better guitarist if I had'nt spent so much time studying in school. Now I have a well paying job and can buy any type of gear I want but I'm just an average guitarist. If I had spent more time on guitar and less on school, I probably wouldn't have enough money to buy the toys I have today but I'd be a great player. :freak:

• Members

He went by the Great Pharoah once apon a time, that was the monikor here as well as TGP. He was always hounding Savage for his paisly Shiva, always starting the boutique vs lesser gear battles, would piss all over Peavey, etc etc etc.

Burned BrentSP on TWO gear deals regarding a SLO and a rack FX unit, always talked big with the uber insane rare pieces he had........TGP sniffer on roids

A total prick.

Here it is.. ;) GREATPHARO or something.. http://acapella.harmony-central.com/showthread.php?t=918830

• Members

I don't know if this has been mentioned in this THREAD, because I'm too lazy to go through it.

but Shane Gibson used to be endorsed-I think-by Bugera.

either endorsed..or he just played them a hell of a lot.

look him up on youtube there are a few videos of him playing through the amps.

• Members
King V was Vince.

I think this has been explained to you, but for the sake of beautiful clarity in this thread I'll reiterate:

That thread is the reason for my existence on HCAF and my moniker (I like Megadeth but I'm no fanboi). The guys that are in it formed my first impressions of HCAF and defined what it was about: Steel Kage, Digital Jams, PlayboyChris, batotman, Rushtallica, SteveVHT, mystixboi1, ranalli, Shiny_Surface, Kung-Fool, et al, all the greats. ;)

I had joined the Megadeth Forum to find out what was happening with United Abominations because you can't view without signing up. I had a look in the musicians section and to my horror I saw Scamsevere operating there. Coincidentally Tim Lyons happened to call out Scamsevere just as I was about to. Tim posted a link to the HCAF thread. Me and a couple of other guys backed him up. This was done purely to inform all the gullible kids there what Vinny was about. A series of threads that "exposed" Vince sprang up. Vince and his fan club weren't very happy about this. Piney Hills and the "the third man" where his staunchest supporters.

When I signed up here it was purely to post in the Scamsevere thread. When I saw what an insane nuthouse this place was I couldn't help but stick around. Ah, good times. :D

• Members
I think this has been explained to you, but for the sake of beautiful clarity in this thread I'll reiterate:

the fact was at the time you guys started calling vince out, he hadnt scammed anyone and was even helpful to gear questions (unless he was making it up ). the only thing he was guilty of was being a major asshole sometimes. and since no one 1) had any proof of any past scams and 2) thought since he hadnt scammed anyone yet, we would give him the benefit of the doubt (i say we because ive been an active member of the megadeth musician forum since 1999 about). everyone knew he'd been chased off of a few boards for alleged shady activity, at that point but no one knew any details or anyone that was actually scammed.

Archived