bugera 6202 first impressions

megagoo

• Members

Funny enough, it kind of reminds me of the B-52 AT-100 I played a few weeks ago. Pretty cool amp for the cash...

This is the amp I thought about while reading this thread...so the question is, buy a Mesa clone or buy a Peavey clone?

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

BUGERA 6260
Boutique-Style 120-Watt 2-Channel Valve Amplifier Head with Reverb 589.99
BUGERA 6260-212
Boutique-Style 120-Watt 2-Channel Valve Combo with Reverb 739.99
BUGERA 6262
Boutique-Style 120-Watt 2-Channel Valve Amplifier Head with Reverb 659.99
BUGERA 6262-212
Boutique-Style 120-Watt 2-Channel Valve Combo with Reverb 809.99
BUGERA 333
Boutique-Style 120-Watt 3-Channel Valve Amplifier Head with Reverb 659.99
BUGERA 333-212
Boutique-Style 120-Watt 3-Channel Valve Combo with Reverb 809.99
BUGERA 333XL
Boutique-Style 120-Watt 3-Channel Valve Amplifier Head with Reverb 739.99
BUGERA 333XL-212
Boutique-Style 120-Watt 3-Channel Valve Combo with Reverb 879.99

seems like you could buy the real deal for about the same price.:confused:

• Members

$449.99
Studica US
BUGERA 6260 Boutique-Style 120-Watt 2-Channel Valve Amplifier Head
The BUGERA 6260 is the go-to guitar amp head for classic rock, alternative rock and metal bands due to its raw tone, massive power and road-worthy ...
Add to Shopping List $399.99

• Members

Its easy to not have flub when you dont use any bass. To me the Bugera doesnt have it, because it has no bass in that clip. If you turned it down on the 5150, it wouldnt sound like that...

loaded clip :poke:

FAIL

Seriously ,some of you guys on this forum suffer a serious case of the stupids

• Members

the 6260 head is ready for purchase at $399 right now.
the 6262 head is ready for purchase at $449 right now.
both via internet=no tax:thu:

BUGERA 6260

BUGERA 6260-212

BUGERA 6262

BUGERA 6262-212

BUGERA 333

BUGERA 333-212

BUGERA 333XL

BUGERA 333XL-212

seems like you could buy the real deal for about the same price.
:confused:

• Members

I forget where he said he had a shop, possibly Long Beach?

yeah, Pharaoh was in Long Beach, but he no longer works there

The whole Vince thing..

I stand by what I said.,,

Vince never did anything wrong towards me or anyone on the megadeth forums, well except with his keyboard.. but being of your lithiam can make you say all kinds of crazy {censored}

His Charvels were never to my knowledge portayed as the real thing, and The Dave Mustaine thing didnt happen. He wasnt even Daves Tech... (now we all know he is full of {censored}, so he could have made that thing up)

Vince DID help me a lot. He answered a LOT of questions I had about guitar setups and amps and parts (even gave me the number to a couple of sales reps for parts companies so I could get some tubes for an old Hammond organ)

So bash me all you want. Vince has nothing to do with my store. And I am not here pushing my {censored}. Dont want to do business with me, thats your choice, and quite honestly not that big of a deal. There are lots of stores in the UK that you dont have to worry about being "in cahoots with" ye ole dwarf with a hummer.

• Members

i dont know what you mean by loaded, but we did record the guitar the exact same way on on each amp.

Also, the MAP priceing that I was given for the 6262 was 550. which is where I price everything out at. I was also told that they werent shipping yet, so I dunno. I was told by my rep that they were giving me one early for the shindig I was having (the one megagoo came too)
so I will check into this.. I was asked to not sell the thing until January 17th, cuz thats when they are officially filling orders. The idea is that the amps might get to the store before I get back from Anehiem (those are the reps exact words)

• Members
Its easy to not have flub when you dont use any bass. To me the Bugera doesnt have it, because it has no bass in that clip. If you turned it down on the 5150, it wouldnt sound like that...

loaded clip :poke:

i wouldnt say its a loaded clip...but the resonance on the 5150 can be turned WAY down on that clip. i generally run my bass on 10, but have the resonance very low...like under 4. if its turned up to 6 or more then it can have that rumbly sound like on the clip. turn it to about 3 and itll sound more like the Bugera clip.

IMO...make another clip (or just re-record the 5150 clip) and kill the Resonance control to make it more fair, as the Bugera doesnt have the Resonance. :cop: i can hear the similarities though, and i do think that sometimes the Resonance control is overused on 5150's...its nice to have a touch for some thickness, but most people crank it because they want the "brootalz" and dont understand that the bass guitar is what the heavy, low tones are for. great for bedroom riffage, not so much for a band situation.

the Bugera does sound promising though...ill check one out definietly. ive had my 5150 since 96, straight out of the box. never sold it, and its always been faithful. if the Bugera can be almost as reliable and sound nearly the same it would be a wonderful addition and backup. i wish i would have bought another 5150 when you could get a near mint one for about 300...not they run upwards of 7-800. still a good deal, but i got my 5150 for around 700 NEW when i got it, but i guess that was long before the 5150 explosion :lol:

• Members

loaded clip hahaah

we put the settings on both amps to basically the same thing, and i bused all the guitar tracks through the same effects

settings:

5150:

lead pre gain: 7.75

low: 8.5

mid: 6

trebel: 8

lead post gain aka volume: whatever it had to be to match the bugera in loudness. around 3 or 4

resonance: 5

presence: 5

bugera 6262:

lead gain: 7.75

volume: 3.75

presence: 7

just because theres a little more this or a little more than in each amp doesnt matter because those things can be tweaked. the point is the amps are voiced almost identically. its not like im here saying "dude this line6 powerball amp model sounds just like a powerball"

• Members
loaded clip hahaah

we put the settings on both amps to basically the same thing, and i bused all the guitar tracks through the same effects

settings:

5150:

lead pre gain: 7.75

lead post gain aka volume: whatever it had to be to match the bugera in loudness. around 3 or 4

resonance: 5

presence: 5

bugera 6262:

lead gain: 7.75

volume: 3.75

presence: 7

just because theres a little more this or a little more than in each amp doesnt matter because those things can be tweaked. the point is the amps are voiced almost identically. its not like im here saying "dude this line6 powerball amp model sounds just like a powerball"

thats a crapload of gain! at least on the 5150 LOL i never go over 5 :cop:

its nice to see what settings you used though, thanks for that :) i still say to kill the resonance to make the clip more fair, but i do agree in the tone similarities.

i will play one in person sometime though...clips can only tell you so much, but they are a nice starting place :thu:

• Members
thats a crapload of gain! at least on the 5150 LOL i never go over 5
:cop:

its nice to see what settings you used though, thanks for that
:)
i still say to kill the resonance to make the clip more fair, but i do agree in the tone similarities.

i will play one in person sometime though...clips can only tell you so much, but they are a nice starting place
:thu:

oh yea you're right about the gain. i meant to put a comment in there that the gain was too high for recording

piney hills would have to make a clip because its a 5 hour drive for me to get there. and to my knowledge he doesnt have the recording equipment set up.

• Members
BUGERA 6260

BUGERA 6260-212

BUGERA 6262

BUGERA 6262-212

BUGERA 333

BUGERA 333-212

BUGERA 333XL

BUGERA 333XL-212

seems like you could buy the real deal for about the same price.
:confused:

If that actually ends up being the price on the 333 aka triple xxx i wont be buying one.

• Members

Well if we're talking about the same guy then he is a total dickhead. One of the biggest twats I've ever seen online. I believe someone said he used to be called GREATPHARO here on HC. You can search his posts...

Oh {censored}, the GREATSPARROW? That guy was Kid Rocks smelly ass-hole!!

Plenty of Put-downs for any rig beneath his, & it seemed there was a sell he did that went south...

Archived