bugera 6202 first impressions

megagoo

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i just threw this together. i spliced and copied the riff a bunch of times and added drums and bass to make a (boring) song, to see how it'd sound in a mix. i did some processing like compression and EQ to the guitars. the drums clip a little i think. im still learning how to mix. but i think it sounds good, at least on these headphones

http://music.megagoo.com/bugera-song-demo.mp3

Thanx a million for the clips mate :thu:

. . . one question !

DO YOU SEE A BUGERA IN YOUR NEAR FUTURE ?

Will you buy one soon ?

;)

• Members

:lol: This Pharaoh {censored} isn't really relevant to this thread but...

There is a guy who posted at the Megadeth forums with the screen name Pharaoh. He had a gear shop in Long Beach. He was {censored} buddies with Scamsevere & King V (aka Piney Hills). This is fact.

According to Shiny_Surface he used to post here and at TGP as "Great Sparrow".

not the same person, trust me.

Just to clarify...

Are you saying that the guy you know as Pharaoh is not the same Pharaoh from the Megadeth forum?

Or are you saying that the guy you know as Pharaoh is the Megadeth forum Pharaoh but he never posted here?

:confused:

:lol:

• Members

Doesn't adjusting the Resonanace on the 5150 clips to take some of the bottom end out only making a better case for the Bugera? Your asking him to make the original sound more like the copy. I wouldn't say that levels the playing field, it's building the case for the Bugera, which by the way I will look into buying just for recording purposes.

• Members

yeah, and the 5150 is in itself (from what I am told) a clone as well. They took Eddies SLO100 head with Modifications and tried to clone that. So, all in all

Glass kicks ass... no matter what you buy

Don't go giving the Piney Hills crew {censored}, Jacksonite posts on the Charvel/Jackson forum and is very well liked/respected and has TONS of positive transactions. Don't know who helped who and where but these guys are legit!

• Members

they sound very similar but i can hear the 5150 fizz on the top end. also the mid voicing is higher (and better sounding to me) on the peavey. All that flub and fizz can be dialed out though, so don't immediately think a 5150 is worse than the bugera copy. Although i have to say it could definately be a big hit if the bugera is of a quality build (it probably won't be).

• Members

;)

i will not buy one soon. i have a 5150, engl savage SE and a vetta. once i get my rack setup complete i will be using the savage SE with no backup. i rarely rarely play the 5150 but i want to hold on to it. the vetta is good for recording. so my amp needs are pretty well satisfied.

• Members

they sound very similar but i can hear the 5150 fizz on the top end. also the mid voicing is higher (and better sounding to me) on the peavey. All that flub and fizz can be dialed out though, so don't immediately think a 5150 is worse than the bugera copy. Although i have to say it could definately be a big hit if the bugera is of a quality build (it probably won't be).

yea no one is saying the 5150 sounds worse. just that the bugera is comparable and could therefore be a viable option for a lot of people that need a beginners tube rig or a backup, or that just dont have a lot of money but dont want a modeller

bugera: cheap, good clean, built in reverb.

peavey: 500 bucks (or so?) more, not a great clean, proven as a durable amp

in a world that is having the budget market flooded with digital modeller amps, i think the bugera is refreshing. you can get a bugera half stack for like 800 bucks or so. a spidervalve head is 800 with no footswitch. a spider III halfstack is 650 without a footswitch

• Members

Meh, I have no respect for Behringer as a company. Cool that there's going to be an even cheaper alternative to an already cheap (used) amp.

Considering some of the issues you read about the AC30CCs (mine had ghost noting, others have far greater issues), and various other Chinese amps, and considering how cheap these are and the quality of other Behringer products, I'd say this is not something I'm excited about in the least, even if the 5150 was my favorite amp.

• Members

Meh, I have no respect for Behringer as a company. Cool that there's going to be an even cheaper alternative to an already cheap (used) amp.

Considering some of the issues you read about the AC30CCs (mine had ghost noting, others have far greater issues), and various other Chinese amps, and considering how cheap these are and the quality of other Behringer products, I'd say this is not something I'm excited about in the least, even if the 5150 was my favorite amp.

i am to understand that behringer is only distributing it. jensen makes bugera.

• Members
This Pharaoh {censored} isn't really relevant to this thread but...

There is a guy who posted at the Megadeth forums with the screen name Pharaoh. He had a gear shop in Long Beach. He was {censored} buddies with Scamsevere & King V (aka Piney Hills). This is fact.

According to Shiny_Surface he used to post here and at TGP as "Great Sparrow".

Just to clarify...

Are you saying that the guy you know as Pharaoh is not the same Pharaoh from the Megadeth forum?

Or are you saying that the guy you know as Pharaoh is the Megadeth forum Pharaoh but he never posted here?

:confused:

Neither actually. The guy that I know as Pharaoh was VERY well known from the ESP forums and there isnt a single person from that board that would have a negative thing to say about him. There are a handful of people here who dealt with him (but not through HC) that would say the same. I have no idea about the dealings with the megadeth forums, but I do know he was very much into them (thus his tu meni dv-8 customs) but I can attest to his professionalism when it came to customer service and delivery. the guy went above and beyond to help with multiple purchases, and I know for a fact he did the same for each person he dealt with.

again I dont know about other forum bull{censored}, but this was a good guy with me, several others here, and a VAST majority of people on the ESP forums.

BTW I like that you said hes not relevant tot his thread but have continued to talk about him. just saying...

• Members
loaded clip hahaah

we put the settings on both amps to basically the same thing, and i bused all the guitar tracks through the same effects

settings:

5150:
lead pre gain: 7.75
low: 8.5
mid: 6
trebel: 8
lead post gain aka volume: whatever it had to be to match the bugera in loudness. around 3 or 4
resonance: 5
presence: 5

bugera 6262:
lead gain: 7.75
low: 8.5
mid: 6
trebel: 8
volume: 3.75
presence: 7

just because theres a little more this or a little more than in each amp doesnt matter because those things can be tweaked. the point is the amps are voiced almost identically. its not like im here saying "dude this line6 powerball amp model sounds just like a powerball"[/quote
I thought the 6262 was supposed to sound like the 5150 II? I wonder if both bugera models are voiced after the original? Maybe they just give you the option of different tone controls?

• Members

yea no one is saying the 5150 sounds worse. just that the bugera is comparable and could therefore be a viable option for a lot of people that need a beginners tube rig or a backup, or that just dont have a lot of money but dont want a modeller

bugera: cheap, good clean, built in reverb.

peavey: 500 bucks (or so?) more, not a great clean, proven as a durable amp

in a world that is having the budget market flooded with digital modeller amps, i think the bugera is refreshing. you can get a bugera
half stack
for like 800 bucks or so. a spidervalve head is 800 with no footswitch. a spider III halfstack is 650 without a footswitch

On my computer the left sounded less fizzy and had more bottom end but all 3 tracks sounded the same to me. I think this is a great deal for beginners. I saw the cabs selling for $299 earlier today. Who knows what those speakers sound like though. Either way, I agree with this poster, an all tube amp that sounds good at this price is awesome.

• Members
Neither actually. The guy that I know as Pharaoh was VERY well known from the ESP forums and there isnt a single person from that board that would have a negative thing to say about him. There are a handful of people here who dealt with him (but not through HC) that would say the same. I have no idea about the dealings with the megadeth forums, but I do know he was very much into them (thus his tu meni dv-8 customs) but I can attest to his professionalism when it came to customer service and delivery. the guy went above and beyond to help with multiple purchases, and I know for a fact he did the same for each person he dealt with.

again I dont know about other forum bull{censored}, but this was a good guy with me, several others here, and a VAST majority of people on the ESP forums.

BTW I like that you said hes not relevant tot his thread but have continued to talk about him. just saying...

OK, cheers for that. I asked for clarification because I couldn't understand what you were saying. The Pharaoh from the Megadeth forum is an immature prick. But I will speak no more about the Great Pharaoh in this thread. :lol:

• Members

On my computer the left sounded less fizzy and had more bottom end but all 3 tracks sounded the same to me. I think this is a great deal for beginners. I saw the cabs selling for $299 earlier today. Who knows what those speakers sound like though. Either way, I agree with this poster, an all tube amp that sounds good at this price is awesome.

the recording was done through a bugera cab. sounded great in person. i liked my genz-benz cab more (pushes the low end like a mofo) but genz benz is i think more than 3x the price

• Members

where are you getting this whole clean thing from? I think the only reason it had better cleans was you were playing bugera's 5150 II clone, and not the 5150 clone.... the 5150 II has better cleans than the 5150....

oh really? ok. never played a 5150-II and with all the complaining of "the 5150 cleans suck" i figured it was true across the board for both models

• Members

i am to understand that behringer is only distributing it. jensen makes bugera.

I have no respect for any company that not only directly copies another product, but markets it so everyone knows it's a cheaper version of the same product.

• Members

I have no respect for any company that not only directly copies another product, but markets it so everyone knows it's a cheaper version of the same product.

cool. i was just pointing out that behringer did not make the amp.

• Members

yeah, from what I understand, Behringer is in charge of distribution. Im sure they have more to do with it than that, but Bugera is being portrayed as a seperate company.
And as far as Mega-Man is concerned. Pharaoh is a great guy, but he is not afraid to tell you what he thinks if you rub him the wrong way.
You can say what you want about me, I dont care. I will live.

Archived