bugera 6202 first impressions

megagoo

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
a lot of people here would try {censored} just to check out the hype (not to mention how many dealers/store employees are here), trust me, but when you have people cramming it down others throats it turns into a PRMike situation and really self-destructs...

with that said, with concerns to "respected" members... theres a ton of stuff. HCAF is a VERY tight knit community where a lot of interaction continues outside of just the forums. Even if stays purely internal there is a ton of support, knowledge and overall exchanging that goes on. Of course there is our fair share of {censored} that gets thrown into the fan, but this place has birthed some of the truest bonds, friendships or knowledge databases that I have experienced online... not just from guitar sites, but all different types.

Its best not to question, but to sit back and enjoy the ride.
:wave:

your inbox is full

• Members

Both are in the same town, kind of strange for that to happen.

just saying that I actually was introduced to pharoah, he said he didnt know me from HCAf just from the esp boards (since he never stepped foot in HCAF).

Honestly, I could be totally blind but the guy I dealt with, who is now being proclaimed as the person working at this very shop (who moved from the LBC to louisiana?) did nothing but go out of his way to hook me up, as well as dozens of people from the ESP Board, even our very own ZAO for god knows how many transactions... Again, it could be a different person, but Im thinking not likely.

• Members

a lot of people here would try {censored} just to check out the hype (not to mention how many dealers/store employees are here), trust me, but when you have people cramming it down others throats it turns into a PRMike situation and really self-destructs...

with that said, with concerns to "respected" members... theres a ton of stuff. HCAF is a VERY tight knit community where a lot of interaction continues outside of just the forums. Even if stays purely internal there is a ton of support, knowledge and overall exchanging that goes on. Of course there is our fair share of {censored} that gets thrown into the fan, but this place has birthed some of the truest bonds, friendships or knowledge databases that I have experienced online... not just from guitar sites, but all different types.

Its best not to question, but to sit back and enjoy the ride.
:wave:

I also am surprised he thinks that someone wouldn't try it just because it's a Behringer? I mean, while I have my serious doubts that this thing can be built to last and won't just be a complete reliability hassle, I've said nothing about the tone or whether they're replicating the 5150 well. I just think it's {censored}ty when companies just blatantly rip someone else off the way Behringer does and I know their {censored} doesn't exactly have a rep for quality.

I'd try one if I saw one, just like nv said. And if it sounded like a 5150, I'd say that. And if the pieces were all junk and the thing looked ready to blow up, I'd say that. And if someone who I knew was a tech went in there and said not only was it made like {censored} but he was repairing a tone of them, I'd say that. And if it was built by hand with milspec wiring I'd say that. And if it was built with the standard conventions of mass production without any serious quality issues I'd say that.

What I know right now is a company known for stealing other people's {censored} and making crappy cheap replicas is making a replica of Peavey's already relatively inexpensive equipment. I'm skeptical-- so shoot me.

For what it's worth, I like {censored} that's worth the money I pay. Something isn't worth it just because it's more expensive. My sub 1k amp is built like a {censored}ing tank and sounds great. I've played and owned amps under 500 that I'd say the same about.

• Members

That douche bag has been booted from here, TGP, never tried to get into RT....he is an asshole scammer and would never do business with that asshat.

what was his old moniker here? when did this happen? had to have been some time before me, and I was even lurking for a year before I started posting. what happened?

• Members

just saying that I actually was introduced to pharoah, he said he didnt know me from HCAf just from the esp boards (since he never stepped foot in HCAF).

Honestly, I could be totally blind but the guy I dealt with, who is now being proclaimed as the person working at this very shop (who moved from the LBC to louisiana?) did nothing but go out of his way to hook me up, as well as dozens of people from the ESP Board, even our very own ZAO for god knows how many transactions... Again, it could be a different person, but Im thinking not likely.

No, no, I am just friends with him, not him...

• Members

Yeah, I know Zao bought from him and I told him the same thing. He said he never had a problem so I never went into another one of his threads if he was telling someone he had a hookup. Zao and I have different ideas about gear but he is a standup guy so I felt it best to leave it alone.

• Members
what was his old moniker here? when did this happen? had to have been some time before me, and I was even lurking for a year before I started posting. what happened?

He went by the Great Pharoah once apon a time, that was the monikor here as well as TGP. He was always hounding Savage for his paisly Shiva, always starting the boutique vs lesser gear battles, would piss all over Peavey, etc etc etc.

Burned BrentSP on TWO gear deals regarding a SLO and a rack FX unit, always talked big with the uber insane rare pieces he had........TGP sniffer on roids :lol:

A total prick.

• Members
He went by the Great Pharoah once apon a time, that was the monikor here as well as TGP. He was always hounding Savage for his paisly Shiva, always starting the boutique vs lesser gear battles, would piss all over Peavey, etc etc etc.

Burned BrentSP on TWO gear deals regarding a SLO and a rack FX unit, always talked big with the uber insane rare pieces he had........TGP sniffer on roids
:lol:

A total prick.

that doesnt sound like the Pharaoh I know, but you never know.

course Pharaoh is a cool name for someone to use as a screen name, but the Pharaoh I know, thats actually his real name... says his parents were hippies or something...

• Members

Burned BrentSP on TWO gear deals regarding a SLO and a rack FX unit, always talked big with the uber insane rare pieces he had........TGP sniffer on roids
:lol:

A total prick.

WHAT?!?!? are you serious? maybe it was just because I dealt with him at his work instead of personal transactions :confused:

That sucks though. how long ago was this and if it was during my time, how the hell did I miss this? I loved just lurkin in all the battles!

• Members

I also am surprised he thinks that someone wouldn't try it just because it's a Behringer? I mean, while I have my serious doubts that this thing can be built to last and won't just be a complete reliability hassle, I've said nothing about the tone or whether they're replicating the 5150 well. I just think it's {censored}ty when companies just blatantly rip someone else off the way Behringer does and I know their {censored} doesn't exactly have a rep for quality.

I'd try one if I saw one, just like nv said. And if it sounded like a 5150, I'd say that. And if the pieces were all junk and the thing looked ready to blow up, I'd say that. And if someone who I knew was a tech went in there and said not only was it made like {censored} but he was repairing a tone of them, I'd say that. And if it was built by hand with milspec wiring I'd say that. And if it was built with the standard conventions of mass production without any serious quality issues I'd say that.

What I know right now is a company known for stealing other people's {censored} and making crappy cheap replicas is making a replica of Peavey's already relatively inexpensive equipment. I'm skeptical-- so shoot me.

For what it's worth, I like {censored} that's worth the money I pay. Something isn't worth it just because it's more expensive. My sub 1k amp is built like a {censored}ing tank and sounds great. I've played and owned amps under 500 that I'd say the same about.

amen broham!

• Members
WHAT?!?!? are you serious? maybe it was just because I dealt with him at his work instead of personal transactions
:confused:

That sucks though. how long ago was this and if it was during my time, how the hell did I miss this? I loved just lurkin in all the battles!

It COULD not be him but the timing of him being gone here and then surfacing selling guitars is kind of odd.

I am leaving this alone now, I could be wrong as I do not have solid proof.

Peace.

• Members

that doesnt sound like the Pharaoh I know, but you never know.

course Pharaoh is a cool name for someone to use as a screen name, but the Pharaoh I know, thats actually his real name... says his parents were hippies or something...

yeah I doubt there is only 1 person on teh intrawebz who like egypt. But there pharaoh I knew was actually known as that as well, like when I would call the shop they knew him as pharoah...

hey Scott, did this The Great pharaoh guy you dealt with, tour at all?

Archived