bugera 6202 first impressions

megagoo

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

i bought a bunch of guitars from Akhenaten/pharaoh who worked at world of strings and i sent him a bunch of people from these boards, the pharaoh i always spoke of was

Akhenaten, so if you search some of my new guitar day threads i do speak of a pharaoh and gave him many props for being a great esp dealer. so if his name popped up it was from me and the other guys who i sent to him, pharaoh/Akhenaten is one of the most honest dudes ive ever met.

i do not know the other prick everybody hates either and if somebody was a shady seller i would never buy from them or send anybody else to him.

Yeah, after some talk here I stated that I was sorry for what I said. It is crazy weird how some things added up but after reading Pinehill's posts I knew this was a different guy.

Peace.

• Members

Hey Piney Hills, is your store in Ruston??? If so I'm totally going.

hey

I am gonna be at the NAMM show that weekend you are talking about, but the store will be open on the saturday you are here from 11-3 (small town, short hours)

just let Jeff know what you want to look at and he can help you (he is a drummer though, so he isnt gonna know much about guitar amps and technical stuff)

• Members

anyone done a comparison of the JSX to a 333XL? (those are the copies for the JSX, right?)

these amps are not out yet.. they dont ship until January 21....

Supposedly i have the only one in the states (as per the product manager of Bugera)

I am getting a 333 but not the 333xl....

• Members

I would say the AT100 is a little closer to the sound of a Mesa than a Marshall, but otherwise I totally agree it's definitely no clone.

Yes, and the main reasons for that, are 1: tube rectifier, and 2: 6L6s.

Other than that, there really isn't anything about the AT-100 that makes me think of Mesa. However, that said, you can get a somewhat Mesa-like tone from one.

• Members

That sounds good I can't remember if I posted in here allready but I prefered the bugera's tone it soudned less fizzy than the 5150...

Cool stuff.

I remember pointing out on the jackson gutiar palace that vince's charvels were not real, he went on to say that i'd never seen a real Charvel in my life yadda yadda and that he would skull {censored} my sister or something...

My sister would probably ko his ass she's got a mean streak a mile wide....

Dude was one touchy mofo who obviously didnt like being called out, but it's obvious why he has been banned from here many times the jcf...

I will say I know Nick from the JCF and he's a good guy, Pharoah who hooked up the guys on the ESP and here while he was at world of strings Cant think of one complaint, though i'm sure he like most of us might have gotten angry at some point...

I could see how digital jams got confused if there was another guy witha similar or near identical name going around and ripping people off, though why pharoh is getting upset about it now I don't know it isnt like he actually needs the reputation for being a good guy to deal with but nevermind...

Anyways these amps seem like they will do well as long as they are reliable enough...

Archived