bugera 6202 first impressions

megagoo

• Members

yea. that statement could apply to anything ever made, ever.

why are you assuming that everyone that buys one will sell it? oh because behringer is distributing it. thats right. im sure its a good amp for the first hour then it will leak deadly radiation

i am not assuming anything, i just don't see how you can build something that cheap and get any kind of dependability or durability out of it. if you like the amp that is great, your clips sound almost identical to me. which is strange if this amp is the 5152 circuit.

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

good points sir.

as of right now no one but a
small
handful of people even know what the bugera sounds like, your clip sounded good but it only says so much...you may find it sounds better than a 5150 which is great

no one knows if that amp is really worth a damn or not...the 5150 has been known for years as an amp that can hold up to damn near anything, not many people buy 5150's ever have to think about warranty issues with them

no one has a clue what bugera's customer service will be like if there is a warranty or any other issue to be dealt with...i know when i called peavey up for parts in the past i had no problem getting what i wanted, it was cheap, and they covered the shipping

• Members

i am not assuming anything, i just don't see how you can build something that cheap and get any kind of dependability or durability out of it.

It's cheap because it's made in China. I don't think price really guarantees dependability or durability these days. How many SG's have you seen with snapped necks? Ever ready anything about the newer AC30cc's? It really comes down to how the user treats the gear and a bit of luck.

I think amps are probably the most fallible piece of equipment in a rig so I do understand your point and I think the 5150 has proven itself as a reliable and roadworthy amp.

• Members

Yeah, sounds good, amazingly close! We'll see how well it lasts & customer service.

The 5150 is actually a good amp for the money though! If longevity is a factor, Id take the Peavey. Theres something to be said for the 5150, they developed & built a good amp. If Bugera copied it for cheap, well thats an individual choice.

• Members

street price is 550 for the 6262

I cannot "sell it" until January 17th.

when I get to Namm, I am going to order a 333 and another Cab

Piney Hills is the name of the shop owned by a guy who went/goes by the name of King V at the Megadeth forum. He was/is an associate/{censored} buddy of Vince Scamsevere. Scamsevere helped him to set up shop.

King V and his buddy Pharaoh didn't have many good things to say about HCAF guys.

Take your buggering business elsewhere. :thu:

• Members
Piney Hills is the name of the shop owned by a guy who went/goes by the name of King V at the Megadeth forum. He was/is an associate/{censored} buddy of Vince Scamsevere. Scamsevere helped him to set up shop.

King V and his buddy Pharaoh didn't have many good things to say about HCAF guys.

Take your buggering business elsewhere.
:thu:

you are mistaken on this. i dont think vince help him set up shop and piney hills simply doesn't like vince as a person

vince had a short run over at the megadeth board and he was only tolerated as long as he was because of his knowledge or apparent knowledge of megadeth recording/touring gear, not to mention that he never scammed anyone there although people were aware of past alleged scams. he gained some brown-nosers as well as a lot of enemys. and i can answer this before piney hills does and say that me and him were on the topic of vince over the weekend in person and neither of us had anything nice to say about him. if piney hills ever supported vince, it was quite a while back and probably brief.

i personally think vince is just an asshole. constant almost unprovoked line6 bashing, threatening to beat people up who argued with him, and racism. vince was banned and then left to no-one-gives-a-{censored} land hopefully

• Members

you are mistaken on this. i dont think vince help him set up shop and piney hills simply doesn't like vince as a person

vince had a short run over at the megadeth board and he was only tolerated as long as he was because of his knowledge or apparent knowledge of megadeth recording/touring gear, not to mention that he never scammed anyone there although people were aware of past alleged scams. he gained some brown-nosers as well as a lot of enemys. and i can answer this before piney hills does and say that me and him were on the topic of vince over the weekend in person and neither of us had anything nice to say about him. if piney hills ever supported vince, it was quite a while back and probably brief.

i personally think vince is just an asshole. constant almost unprovoked line6 bashing, threatening to beat people up who argued with him, and racism. vince was banned and then left to no-one-gives-a-{censored} land hopefully

So Vinny got banned eh? I've only been there once or twice in the last year.

But it sounds like King V is trying to back pedal and rewrite history. Here are some quotes from King V of Piney Hills fame.

Originally Posted by King V

1. The Dave Mustaine thing didnt happen

2. Vince always says they are Charvel Fakes

3. The Gibson thing is unfounded as well.

Dude, I know Vince is hard to get in touch, but the whole scam artist stuff is just bull{censored}.

I know Vince in a business sense, and he really is ok.

CUZ THE KING SAID SO

Originally Posted by King V

I have seen his stuff for a while. And he has helped me emmensely with information in getting my , very successful and completely legitemit i might add, store set up.

• Members
No doubt it is a complete rip-off of Peavey. I really don't care. That's not my job to care, nor to I get paid by Peavey to care. I can't believe Peavey has not protected it's brand better than to let this happen. I'd also be willing to bet it's probably built like crap by adolescent Chinese. But hey - if it sounds good, that's really what matters to me. Hell, I buy ENGLs.
;)
I like Peavey products too (and owned many of them), however, if Peavey is'nt around to innovate the next big thing, some other company will be. Demand will generate the supply.

Well anyone can reverse engineer something if they want to bad enough and Peavey might have not put all their IP cards on the table yet...I guess we'll have to wait and see.

And I'm not bashing anyone for buying these either....I can definitely sympathize with wanting good tone at a cheap price. If I was strapped for cash these could be an option but I can afford the real deal so I feel I should support Peavey if my budget allows me too since I'm a big fan of their products. And it's not so much that another company will fall in line to come out with the next "big thing" should Peavey fall...I like how Peavey does things. They seem to listen to their players...even the guys on their forum.

I'd be curious about customer service too....Peavey is usually pretty good with that and I know I can rely on folks like JerryP who would work on the amp should Peavey give me the high-hard-one.

I'm curious how much the 333 is going to go for....used XXX amps go for really cheap now...around $450 to $500 I think. How cheap can they make these and give you decent tubes...I'm curious.

But hey...if these amps are somewhat reliable I can't argue with the bargain here. The tone sounds nearly identical to me so I suspect if people are looking for 5150 tone for cheaper than a 5150 then here you go.

I like to see someone send one of these to JerryP too.....to get the real scoop;)

• Members

good deal, I lost contact with him a while ago, good guy. After how much he helped me out, I would support whatever shop he is at now!

Well if we're talking about the same guy then he is a total dickhead. One of the biggest twats I've ever seen online. I believe someone said he used to be called GREATPHARO here on HC. You can search his posts...

• Members

except you can hear the distinctive flubby fizz of the 5150

Its easy to not have flub when you dont use any bass. To me the Bugera doesnt have it, because it has no bass in that clip. If you turned it down on the 5150, it wouldnt sound like that...

loaded clip :poke:

• Members

Well if we're talking about the same guy then he is a total dickhead. One of the biggest twats I've ever seen online. I believe someone said he used to be called GREATPHARO here on HC. You can search his posts...

nope, never posted here, but was very well known on the ESP forums.

Archived