New Mustaine Signature Marshall?

Megadeth Man

• Members

Let's just sweep the little Line 6 fiasco under the carpet shall we... :cop:

I saw this post by Dave Mustaine from a couple of days ago.

On the tech side, I am going to be continuing on with my Dean VMNT's as my guitar of choice, and I will be using my Signature GHS Dave Mustaine Progressives 10-52 gauge strings, Jim Dunlop Tortex picks and my signature Dave Mustaine Live Wires by Seymour Duncan, and DigiTech's killer GSP1101.
I am proudly using Marshall Amplifiers and Cabinets, and boy do we have a surprise for you, but I will leave that up to the noble Marshall family to say.

I wonder if that's a reference to a new amp? Despite the moniker I'm not an actual "fanboy" but a Mustaine sig Marshall has the potential to be a tasty amp. Anyone heard anything?

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm not sure I could fully trust anything Dave Mustaine endorses....he seems to flit between different manufacturers like he changes his pants! It's like..yeah Dave thinks ESP are ace..oh no wait..now Dean...oh next week back to Jackson...Dave Mustaine signature Line...Marshall....Arrrggghhh!

He sounds exactly the same with any/all of it so why bother? Money innit!!

• Members

As big of a Megadeth fan I am, Dave seems to go wherever the hell the money is, and will change his stance about his gear at will. Gay

+1. Dave's been through amps/preamps like nobody's business. And I hate to say this but IMHO while his tone has always been serviceable, I've never been blown away by it, even when he was using top of the line (CAE) stuff.

• Members

Here's a quote from an article on the Megadeth Site:

"...And the gear switch that I went back to was incredible! And although I dont officially play Line 6 gear and never did, they did make me some incredible personal amps for recording with, and I used them on tour for quite a while, but I want the reliability and the consistency that I have always had with my Marshalls; that is why you saw me with my mighty, trusted Marshall custom cabinets I modified for myself for yourself on the Tour of Duty small venue/club underplay tour.

I am super stoked to be working with Nick Bowcott at Marshall again and especially the non-business things and chats we have. There is a lot of great things happening to/for me because of Nick B. and I thank you my friend. We are also on a strange journey together that I will keep secret until you see it first, but suffice it to say that Nick helped me get my first instructional column for a guitar magazine. And there is going to be a DVD video feature along with it and I am playing the new JVM Marshall amplifier, so listen close to this new amp in the lesson, too!

• Members

The haters here love to bash but they will be the first to buy his amp if and when one ever comes out...lol.

Believe me...I won't be buying that amp. I've never seen a band that sounded more consistently muddy than Megadeth...every. single. time. And I'm not a "hater", I like a lot of Megadeth stuff.

Could it be their soundguy? Maybe...but I doubt it.

Bottom line is that Dave is obviously an endorsement whore who you obviously can't count on using what he says, or saying what he uses. I'm not sure that made sense, but you get my drift.

Archived