jet city amplification?

the_woodoo_mule

• Members

ok, someone help me out. what's up with the spacesuits in the avatars? do I need to get one of those?

@ Dave, thanks - good advice.

@ potaetoes - I see you're a local here. yeah, hooking up both those guys just seemed like a natural idea. and, there's more of that type of stuff to come in our strategy.

@ Helstrume - ok, that demo sounds @#$(*% hot. Love it. As the manufacturer I think we have to NOT use pedals in the signal path (unless they are our pedals) but in the case of an end-user, it's fair, right?

I have a great product idea I would enjoy discussing with you dudes but I'm afraid a competitor with more resources than us could drop in here and learn about it...

Yeah, I

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

:thu:

Can't wait to hear some clips, and see some prices. You seem like a good guy, definitely better than the jackasses that we have had around these forums peddling their stuff.

btw, are you saying we get the stickers for free, just because?

Cuz I'll rock that {censored} on my mini-fridge all day, man. :poke:

+1 million. I'll put one on GCs door, and snap a pic :cop:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yeah, with the dollar weakened as it is now it can probably be a frightening experience translating from euro pricing. Go back a few years and it would have seemed less steep.

But anyway, the 100 head is a bit more expensive than what I

• Members

Check it out! I'm a Jet City-o-naut. Thanks Helstrume.

Ok, I'm outta here. Date night.

I think its a cool move by Soldano to go this route - with the 100s priced around 1000 Euros it makes the cloning unnecessary - if the transformers are at least in the normal range of the typical cloner-supply-manufacturers (knowing that some of them used Onetics or MMs).

No depth and no loop (if thats correct) converts the cloners to modders then :D

Well, I'm looking forward to hearing/testing one (being a former SLO-cloner myself) and wish you guys luck & success.

Availabilty on Thomann's website (germany) is "september 2009" - so any launch date yet?

• Members
I think its a cool move by Soldano to go this route - with the 100s proced around 1000 Euros it makes the cloning unnecessary - if the transformers are at least in the normal range of the typical cloner-supply-manufacturers (knowing that some of them used Onetics or MMs).

No depth and no loop (if thats correct) converts the cloners to modders then
:D

Well, I'm looking forward to hearing/testing one (being a former SLO-cloner myself) and wish you guys luck & success.

Availabilty on Thomann's website (germany) is "september 2009" - so any launch date yet?

I asked about the loop earlier in the thread, and he said there in fact is one on there.

• Members

I was curious cause the Thomann site says it has 4 ECCs (with a SLO circuit that means "no loop") while the JCA homepage says its 5 of them (=loop).

Interesting, but if I could make a guess I would say that the loop was a late addition and Thomann still has earlier pre-release info. Or something along those lines. It

• Members

So what is the jca 20 based off of?

It would be cool to have that 50 watter use the slo pre-amp that way you guys could compete with peavey's 6505+ and bugera. Hell any amp that sounds good under 500$ would be great!

I have to admit the pico is getting me a little too excited! Will it be priced to compete with the valve junior?

• Members

Hi guys - couple comments here:
Our plan is for Euro and US pricing to line up, so JCA100H should be about 1000 e and also $1000 us street. That's not final yet, but likely. For how we are building that guy, and the quality for price, I feel it is a strong value.
Yes, it has a tube-driven effects loop (always has) maybe I should check the Thomann site to make sure they have the correct info. By the way, we start building them next week.
@mblooper - the JCA20H is based on the Soldano Atomic 16. Pico is still forming up, but, still looks like it will come out at slightly lower $ than JCA20H.

• Members

Hi guys - couple comments here:

Our plan is for Euro and US pricing to line up, so JCA100H should be about 1000 e and also $1000 us street. That's not final yet, but likely. For how we are building that guy, and the quality for price, I feel it is a strong value.

Yes, it has a tube-driven effects loop (always has) maybe I should check the Thomann site to make sure they have the correct info. By the way, we start building them next week.

@mblooper - the JCA20H is based on the Soldano Atomic 16. Pico is still forming up, but, still looks like it will come out at slightly lower $ than JCA20H.

I see that Thomann has added a release date in late November for the JCA100, I seem to recall that they had it listed as available for order a few days ago. Still listed with four 12AX7

Archived