jet city amplification?

the_woodoo_mule

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

thanks for taking notice in our new company, gents! Please have a look at our website - it's still a work in progress but there's a lot of information there about us...

So are you soldano or what? I'd love to see a more affordable SLO, I dont care where it's made. After getting my MkIII the SLO is honestly the only other amp I have any real GAS for. :love:

• Members

So are you soldano or what? I'd love to see a more affordable SLO, I dont care where it's made. After getting my MkIII the SLO is honestly the only other amp I have any real GAS for.
:love:

Thanks for the question - no, we're not Soldano Custom Amplification, we're a new company with 3 partners, 1 of the 3 of us is in fact Mike Soldano.

We have several products about to launch, using the same designs as some Soldano products but with more cost-effective manufacturing. At the moment we aren't ready to release an SLO, but, our JCA100H DOES have the same circuit in the Overdrive channel. If you're looking for the famous Soldano Overdrive, I can recommend our JCA100H...

• Members

Thanks for the question - no, we're not Soldano Custom Amplification, we're a new company with 3 partners, 1 of the 3 of us is in fact Mike Soldano.

We have several products about to launch, using the same designs as some Soldano products but with more cost-effective manufacturing. At the moment we aren't ready to release an SLO, but, our JCA100H DOES have the same circuit in the Overdrive channel. If you're looking for the famous Soldano Overdrive, I can recommend our JCA100H...

Thanks for the honest answer. Any idea on price? I'd love to check one out.

• Members

That's the whole thought behind bringing up the circuit...make the retards think it's the same thing.

I wish they'd do a dead nuts SLO OD Channel...what the Avenger SHOULD have been. But then you're lookin at the same cost...so why not get a big SLO?

As long as the tone rocks...it doesn't matter which 'circuit' you employ to get there.

Pics? info (msrp, dealer network, etc) ...the website is a bit lacking.

THANKS!

• Members

Which implies they will sound the same, at least to retards. I played an Avenger not to look ago with high hopes. I left with a VHT Pittbull

Yup, I don't fall into that mousetrap anymore either. Now, name comes secondary to "How killer does it SOUND?" Bogner Line 6, Soldano Jet City, that demo left me less than impressed.

• Members

@ Abstract - you make a fine point. There is only ONE Soldano SLO. It has been copied several times, it has been modeled several times. But there is only one. Soldano has indeed used the same preamp "formula" in other products such as the Avenger, the Decatone, etc, but there are other parts of a circuit which create the amp's sound - as you noted transformers are very important.

So YES, the Jet City JCA100H does indeed feature the SAME preamp circuit which makes Soldano famous and desireable, but no, it isn't an SLO100 - there's only one...

• Members

@ Abstract - you make a fine point. There is only ONE Soldano SLO. It has been copied several times, it has been modeled several times. But there is only one. Soldano has indeed used the same preamp "formula" in other products such as the Avenger, the Decatone, etc, but there are other parts of a circuit which create the amp's sound - as you noted transformers are very important.

So YES, the Jet City JCA100H does indeed feature the SAME preamp circuit which makes Soldano famous and desireable, but no, it isn't an SLO100 - there's only one...

Hey, thanks for the reply, :wave:

...So how does it sound?

:thu:

• Members

Well... about how it sounds - MRAAJR is right, how can I be objective about this? Of course we feel it sounds great. But I think that verdict belongs to the market. Yes, we will do sound clips when the time is right, but, even still, everyone wants a different guitar, a different setting, or uses some desktop speakers which won't allow you to really hear it anyway. The real evaluations will come in the music shops at buying decision time.

But I can tell you this: I have been in the music industry for a long time, and I have managed a lot of products, and the good people in this forum have heard those amps and applauded them. And, Mike and I have personally spent a lot of time on the JCA100H - we labored over the transformer, we stood in the factory's engineering labs and put it through all the tests, and most important we played it and played it and played it. And we are PROUD of it. That's why it says Soldano, right on the front panel...

Sorry if I go on too long - I'm very passionate about our new company and our products...

• Members

The real evaluations will come in the music shops at buying decision time. But I can tell you this: I have been in the music industry for a long time, and I have managed a lot of products, and the good people in this forum have heard those amps and applauded them.

The good people in this forum did not applaud Behringer.

Archived