jet city amplification?

the_woodoo_mule

• Members

Berklee - yes, "effin bright caps intact", yes, also easily "clippable". Thinking about the "Warren Haynes mod"?
Dave - yes, Normal channel is same circuit as SLO Normal channel just as Overdrive channel circuit is the same. Yes, "preset" to crunch. You guys know your Soldanos! By the way, I really really like the "Normal" channel in our JCA100H.
Yarbicus - sorry to let you down, but, there's no chance Pico will be in stores by Christmas. I wish it would, but I just can't get it done by then. JCA20H will be though...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Berklee - yes, "effin bright caps intact", yes, also easily "clippable". Thinking about the "Warren Haynes mod"?

Dave - yes, Normal channel is same circuit as SLO Normal channel just as Overdrive channel circuit is the same. Yes, "preset" to crunch. You guys know your Soldanos! By the way, I really really like the "Normal" channel in our JCA100H.

Yarbicus - sorry to let you down, but, there's no chance Pico will be in stores by Christmas.
I wish it would, but I just can't get it done by then. JCA20H will be though...

Even if I come down and pick it up? I don't live very far away! ;)

I absolutely love my Yamaha T100C so anything that says "designed by Mike Soldano" on it is OK with me.

• Members

yo, morning.
@Yarb - just to be clear, Pico is our first non-Soldano design. It was designed by THD electronics as a "Pico" version of his Bi- and Uni-Valve series.
SeeYou - JCA20H, 12S, JCA2112RC will be in stores for xmas in the USA, plus the 24S, 48S and JCA100H will be in Europe for xmas.
Duncan - yes, we have a rep in Eastern Canada now setting up dealers. I don't know about the West presently. Where are you?
Guitup - thanks for the tip - I will check, really need some help in that direction.

• Members

question for the dudes here:

do you NEED a 50 watt head? The difference in cost of parts is small, and the perceived volume difference is also small.

but IF we offered a 50 watt head, what if it was only 1 channel to differentiate it further from the 100 watter?

thanks. D.

Americans prefer it big - while in europe a 50 Watter seems to have more chances :D - just from my limited experience. If you want to differentiate: use the Decatone as a father ;)

May I ask you a favour? I would like to buy one of the 20Hs, but I would need to mod it for my needs though (loop, clean channel) - do you have a pic for me of the internals? Not close - I just need to have a look if I can add a tube socket and such things. So if the PCB is hooked to the front (as in Hotrods) and the powertube sockets are chassis-mounted I could add some goodies, you know.

If thats the case - good. If the PCB board is going thru 90% of the chassis . . . bad (for me).

Thanks,

Olaf

• Members

do you NEED a 50 watt head? The difference in cost of parts is small, and the perceived volume difference is also small.

but IF we offered a 50 watt head, what if it was only 1 channel to differentiate it further from the 100 watter?

thanks. D.

I like the "headroom" of most 100 watt amps when compared to their 50 watt version.:idk:
maybe its in my head but i have always preferred the bigger amps.

• Members

thanks. D.

Well, personally I

• Members
I like the "headroom" of most 100 watt amps when compared to their 50 watt version.
:idk:
maybe its in my head but i have always preferred the bigger amps.

It is not the # of tubes - it is the higher plate voltage (>10% in Marshalls f.i.) and the bigger output xformer. Both can be easily integrated into a 50s though - Mojave ships their 50s with a 100s OT.

Soldano Hotrod 50s have a similar plate voltage compared to 100s though (around 480V-490V).

I'm getting too technical, sorry.

• Members
It is not the # of tubes - it is the higher plate voltage (>10% in Marshalls f.i.) and the bigger output xformer. Both can be easily integrated into a 50s though - Mojave ships their 50s with a 100s OT.

Soldano Hotrod 50s have a similar plate voltage compared to 100s though (around 480V-490V).

I'm getting too technical, sorry.

Yeah, I dont know what causes it , I just like it more whatever it is.:lol:

• Members
yo, morning.

@Yarb - just to be clear, Pico is our first non-Soldano design. It was designed by THD electronics as a "Pico" version of his Bi- and Uni-Valve series.

SeeYou - JCA20H, 12S, JCA2112RC will be in stores for xmas in the USA, plus the 24S, 48S and JCA100H will be in Europe for xmas.

Duncan - yes, we have a rep in Eastern Canada now setting up dealers. I don't know about the West presently. Where are you?

Guitup - thanks for the tip - I will check, really need some help in that direction.

Ah yes... Sadly I am in Western Canada :(

• Members

thanks for the feedback, gents. it sounds like we are on the right direction. if I can get a wide enough price gap between the 50 and 100, it could be worthwhile, and maybe not a high priority.
Olaf - please email me at doug@jetcityamplification.com and I will return a couple pics of the insides of JCA20H.
Yesterday Mike and I were talking about effects loops and if players would want that at only 20 watts. Clearly, Olaf does, but, is that a high demand feature? Aren't stompboxes sufficient at this level?
BTW, Olaf - 20H is only one channel...

• Members

thanks for the feedback, gents. it sounds like we are on the right direction. if I can get a wide enough price gap between the 50 and 100, it could be worthwhile, and maybe not a high priority.

Olaf - please email me at
and I will return a couple pics of the insides of JCA20H.

Yesterday Mike and I were talking about effects loops and if players would want that at only 20 watts. Clearly, Olaf does, but, is that a high demand feature? Aren't stompboxes sufficient at this level?

BTW, Olaf - 20H is only one channel...

FX loops are a deal breaker for me, unless i can get a amp modded for a loop.

I gotta have my Delays in a loop.

Archived