jet city amplification?

the_woodoo_mule

• Members

Hi guys - couple comments here:

Our plan is for Euro and US pricing to line up, so JCA100H should be about 1000 e and also $1000 us street. That's not final yet, but likely. For how we are building that guy, and the quality for price, I feel it is a strong value.

Yes, it has a tube-driven effects loop (always has) maybe I should check the Thomann site to make sure they have the correct info. By the way, we start building them next week.

@mblooper - the JCA20H is based on the Soldano Atomic 16. Pico is still forming up, but, still looks like it will come out at slightly lower $ than JCA20H.

The jca 20 Sounds like an amazing amp for the price!

not too hot on the pico if its going to be that expensive but alot of guys will see this as a better alternative the ht-5.

Hey did you guys know that James brown is between companies right now?

It would be cool if you guys hooked up with him and made like a really tricked out vtm or 5150 on the cheap.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The jca 20 Sounds like an amazing amp for the price!

not too hot on the pico if its going to be that expensive but alot of guys will see this as a better alternative the ht-5.

Hey did you guys know that James brown is between companies right now?

It would be cool if you guys hooked up with him and made like a really tricked out vtm or 5150 on the cheap.

Looking at this, I doubt that James can design for anyone other than Kustom.

http://www.premierguitar.com/Magazine/Issue/Daily/News/Renowned_Amp_Builder_James_Brown_Starts_Amptweaker_Solicits_Musician_Input.aspx

I read that as he

• Members

I sure wish I could find one of his damned Double Cross amps to try
:(

I think there was only one forumite that got one on here but he never posted clips and I never see him post anymore...

These Jet City amps seem really cool, though. I think I'll try to talk my roommate into buying one of the five watters
:lol:

I think Kustom dropped the ball by announcing the Double Cross waaay to early... here in Europe it became available two months ago, and it

• Members

Ditto. If it's close enough to an SLO I'd definitely buy and play one until I could finally stomach the price of the real thing.

My issue is that the SP77 was supposed to be the SLO's pre-amp circuit, and it was a chubby, fuzzy mess... I'm hoping this amplifier will be head and shoulders above the rest...

-Curtis

• Members

{censored} i have over 120 gear videos on youtube with more subs, they should send me one.
I dont talk and annoy everyone in mine, i let the gear speak for itself.

Could you provide a link to it? I'd like to have a better source for reviews than TTK. Honestly, I think his playing isn't all that great.

• Members
{censored} i have over 120 gear videos on youtube with more subs, they should send me one.
I dont talk and annoy everyone in mine, i let the gear speak for itself.

This! Dear God please save us from the Tone King! I mean, his heart is in the right place and all, but SHUT THE HELL UP AND TURN OFF THAT DAMN BOSS PEDAL!!!

• Members
Could you provide a link to it? I'd like to have a better source for reviews than TTK. Honestly, I think his playing isn't all that great.

Yea, hes not a great player, and he never tweeks anything. I generally watch proguitar, or chatreeos reviews.

• Members

For the most part, his tone isn't great either :o

Mic clipping like crazy in most of his clips, cheap mic's and poor room mic'ing = fail.

Whoever appointed him tone king should be shot.

That being said, I'm glad to see a new amp line brought by a big name builder that everone knows and trusts. I still have my initial reservations however because Reinhold tried this with line 6 and it was a total disaster IMO. It wasn't the fact that it was built in china that's the problem, I think it's just poor design that was the culprit. Like Soldano, we know bogner can build a hell of an amp but the ones with line 6 aren't them.

Just whatever you do, don't create a 2nd screen name here to try and pretend to be some customer that raves about the amps. our BS detectors are inescapable. :cop:

• Members

Hey guys - been at the factory a lot lately, haven't been able to get in here. New pics up on FB if you want to sniff those. A few replies here:
@ Dave - the Pico is still a little in flux but I will post specs soon. He is smaller than the THD heads so no, the head boxes won't fit. I bet I could make one though.
Someone else mentioned the price of Pico being high? Name another amp with the same features for less $$? Pico should be @Curtis - no, JCA100H won't sound the same as SLO100. Yes, it does have the same OVERDRIVE circuit, but, there are SO many things which go into making the SLO what it is - and that's why it costs what it does. Worth every penny, IMO.
Shenanigan - stickers, sure! Email me - doug@jetcityamplification.com
SeeYou - Pricing? Very soon.
The Edge - TTK, yes, I contacted him directly and sent him the amp. And yes, I am interested to do that with others, too!
FastRed - nah, I won't be lurking undercover. Some of the other guys here have gotten to know me a little bit and can vouch for me - I have been wanted to do this for a very long time and am very much enjoying/needing/using the DIRECT feedback I am getting here - being sneaky would only limit that!
Best, D.

• Members
Hey guys - been at the factory a lot lately, haven't been able to get in here. New pics up on FB if you want to sniff those. A few replies here:

@ Dave - the Pico is still a little in flux but I will post specs soon. He is smaller than the THD heads so no, the head boxes won't fit. I bet I could make one though.

Someone else mentioned the price of Pico being high? Name another amp with the same features for less $$?
Pico should be

@Curtis - no, JCA100H won't sound the same as SLO100. Yes, it does have the same OVERDRIVE circuit, but, there are SO many things which go into making the SLO what it is - and that's why it costs what it does. Worth every penny, IMO.

Shenanigan - stickers, sure! Email me -
doug@jetcityamplification.com

SeeYou - Pricing? Very soon.

The Edge - TTK, yes, I contacted him directly and sent him the amp. And yes, I am interested to do that with others, too!

FastRed - nah, I won't be lurking undercover. Some of the other guys here have gotten to know me a little bit and can vouch for me - I have been wanted to do this for a very long time and am very much enjoying/needing/using the DIRECT feedback I am getting here - being sneaky would only limit that!

Best, D.

Guess what just jumped to the top of my Christmas list? :thu:

Archived