jet city amplification?

the_woodoo_mule

• Members

So what speakers is everyone using with these amps? I've never owned any cabs without V30's in them and I'm quite happy to keep them but I'm in need of a second cab and I wouldn't mind trying something different just for the hell of it, I was thinking maybe Greenbacks? Whats the Celestion equivalent of the Eminence speakers in the JCA cabs?

I am using V30s in my Randall XL cab which I think it's the BEST cab for this amp. It's kind of like doing a depth to the amp mod without doing a depth mod :D

I always liked the JCA even with my Avatar cab but the Randall cab took my rig to the next level.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So what speakers is everyone using with these amps? I've never owned any cabs without V30's in them and I'm quite happy to keep them but I'm in need of a second cab and I wouldn't mind trying something different just for the hell of it, I was thinking maybe Greenbacks? Whats the Celestion equivalent of the Eminence speakers in the JCA cabs?

I'm currently using a Mojo 4x12 (vintage Marshall 4x12 clone) loaded with Celelstion Greenbacks. Sounds huge and gives the amp even more of a hotrodded Marshall vibe. Not quite tight sounding enough for modern metal, but farily versatile with these speakers. I can go from twangy country (which it does extremely with with a boost and a telecaster into the normal channel) to vintage Marshall tones to 80's metal tones and all the way up to modern hard rock.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

The build quality is pretty good on Jet city.

It's very similar to what you would get on an Atomic 16 or Astroverb.
Also note that they don't use those stupid connectors on the pcb board like you see in so many other amps out there.(you know the little plastic header full of wires that you pull on off)That's the no.1 source of problems on a lot of those amps.
Also something I found out was that the new jca 22h has dc power on the preamp tubes so that's another big bonus. The 5212 has them as well.

• Members

The build quality is pretty good on Jet city.

Also something I found out was that the new jca 22h has dc power on the preamp tubes so that's another big bonus. The 5212 has them as well.

ck800,

How did you determine that the 5212 has dc power on the preamp tubes? Do you have the amp schematics?

• Members

I had my JCA100 converted to DC filaments only because I practice at a spot with very noisy electricity. It was a fairly cheap mod too. It's a world of difference in problem areas (high RF and noisy electric), but in most situations the AC filaments seemed fine to me.

• Members

Yeah mine is stock and I haven't had a problem with excessive noise in any of the venues I played at so far.

me neither. just my awful practice spot. Thing is, having my voltage converted was way cheaper than buying a Decimator... so.....

• 1 year later...

Archived