Would Anyone Here Like to Help Mark Cameron?

THEE HAMMER

• Members

Friedman and Fortin seem to be doing good, why even bother with cameron amps anymore? Ive heard some fantastic clips from cameron amps, but it's no holy grail/be all end all by any means. From what Ive seen on RT, they get flipped back and forth every month, and it's always, "THE BEST AMP I EVER PLAYED, THIS IS THE ONE GUYS".

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm all for helping people in need, but this guy stole money from a lot of people. Yes, taking money for an order and not delivering the amp = stealing.

Let's call it what it is. The fact the guy can build a good amp doesn't change the fact he's stealing.

Exactly. It's like thinking an athlete should be able to get away with certain things because he has a lot of fans that like the way he plays his sport.

• Members

Definitely some kind of addiction going on, that or just plain stupidity. I'd doubt it's health problems like some people on other forums are saying. People deal with health problems, aim to get them fixed, mostly likely would air them i.e. sorry guys can't build maps for the next X amount of time due to my insert health problem here..

Cameron should be rich by now, charging that amount for an amp and having people trip over themselves to try buy them.

How long does it take to make an amp, wire it all up?? 1 week? Any bought a Ceriatone kit? if you have all the parts in front of you and its a proven design it shouldn't take longer than a week to make..

I don't see why he can't get paid help in to build the amps, i'd doubt Herr Framus, Reinhold Bogner, Steve Fryette etc etc sit down all day soldering amps together??

I'd be doing more than complaining on an internet forum if i was down $4k or whatever they are!

• Members

I'd be doing more than complaining on an internet forum if i was down $4k or whatever they are!

Yup. You're WELL into the range of grand theft and fraud, and given that most of this took place across various state lines, it's very possible it's a federal crime as well. That's jail time. And, for the not legally savvy here, Mark Cameron is not able to absolve Dyer from liability in this by simply saying 'Jerry you're out!' Additionally, Dyer's alleged waiver scheme for those who sent him money probably won't hold up in court because of the way the transaction was handled (third party, almost laundering situation and a contract that essentially allowed Dyer to break the law and attempted to force those who sent him money to remain silent).

• Members

Cameron should be rich by now, charging that amount for an amp and having people trip over themselves to try buy them.

How long does it take to make an amp, wire it all up?? 1 week? Any bought a Ceriatone kit? if you have all the parts in front of you and its a proven design it shouldn't take longer than a week to make..

More like a couple days if you have the parts and have built them before. One day for the chassis/electronics and one day for the head shell/tolex. If he's too lazy to do this then he could hire two guys with electrical experience for $45k/year each and still make massive profits.

• Members

Yup. You're WELL into the range of grand theft and fraud

This is what it is. I don't know why people are giving this guy a break. He stole tens of thousands of dollars and did not deliver the amps.

Help him?? {censored} him!! I'd gladly help someone who made a sacrifice to pay for the amp and was victimized though. That's who I really feel bad about.

• Members

More like a couple days if you have the parts and have built them before. One day for the chassis/electronics and one day for the head shell/tolex. If he's too lazy to do this then he could hire two guys with electrical experience for $45k/year each and still make massive profits.

Sheeeeeeet.....in this economy you could probably grab a couple of new grad electronics guys for $25k-35k...or less.

• Members

Sheeeeeeet.....in this economy you could probably grab a couple of new grad electronics guys for $25k-35k...or less.

True. What really pisses me off is that Cameron has a HUGE opportunity in front of him. His {censored} is now considered legendary, and it markets itself. Few products ever make it to that level. All he has to do is hire a couple guys, get the {censored}ing amps manufactured and deliver back orders and he could be living very well. I've hardly seen a simpler, easier business model. Why is it always the morons who have success thrown at them? Still, they manage to {censored} it all up. I don't feel sorry for him at all.

• Members

Mark's biggest (and probably only) asset is his amp's design. Besides all the Jose tricks he's learned frrom the personal notes he got from Arredondo's widow, Mark's no doubt picked up some new tricks from his time working at Bogner and incorporated it all. The real question is...why doesn't the guy at least LICENSE the design? That's where the real money's at; getting a slice of every amp that rolls off the line without lifting a finger. I'll bet you that folks like Peavey or Fender or whoever would come to the table with serious offers. None of the big companies have tapped into the "tones" of the ultra boutique market, and Mark's amp design could amp that happen. Mark, license your amp design, you knob.

• Members

Mark's biggest (and probably only) asset is his amp's design. Besides all the Jose tricks he's learned frrom the personal notes he got from Arredondo's widow, Mark's no doubt picked up some new tricks from his time working at Bogner and incorporated it all. The real question is...why doesn't the guy at least LICENSE the design? That's where the real money's at; getting a slice of every amp that rolls off the line without lifting a finger. I'll bet you that folks like Peavey or Fender or whoever would come to the table with serious offers. None of the big companies have tapped into the "tones" of the ultra boutique market, and Mark's amp design could amp that happen. Mark, license your amp design, you knob.

Why would company like Peavey or Fender buy it? I'm sure that they can get their hands on a Cameron Marshall if they want to and they could have it reverse engineered and copied in no time. As for licensing the name, no one knows who Mark Cameron is outside of the amp geek circles like here and rigtalk.

• Members

Why would company like Peavey or Fender buy it? I'm sure that they can get their hands on a Cameron Marshall if they want to and they could have it reverse engineered and copied in no time. As for licensing the name, no one knows who Mark Cameron is outside of the amp geek circles like here and rigtalk.

Why not? Randall has been having Bruce Egnater design their amps for quite sometime, actually have some dude from Marshall doing it now....

as far as reverse engineering his work, good luck removing the epoxy covering the mods.... only a few out there without the epoxy.

Mark does have an chance to do something amazing, and is too stubborn to let anyone else run with the design to mass market it....

Really as shame all the way around, the Cameron Jose HG Marshall JMP I played a couple years ago, is still the best amp I've ever played through.

• Members

Why not? Randall has been having Bruce Egnater design their amps for quite sometime, actually have some dude from Marshall doing it now....

as far as reverse engineering his work, good luck removing the epoxy covering the mods.... only a few out there without the epoxy.

Mark does have an chance to do something amazing, and is too stubborn to let anyone else run with the design to mass market it....

Really as shame all the way around, the Cameron Jose HG Marshall JMP I played a couple years ago, is still the best amp I've ever played through.

I think the Randall thing took off because it was a good product and a unique idea, not because it had Bruce's name attached to it. Not to mention, I doubt there is a company out there that would want it's name associated with someone like Mark Cameron due to his problems.

Reverse engineering of epoxy covered components is easy with a few tools.

I think Mark's big opportunity is in getting his own company back up and running as it should, not in licensing anything. It's a shame to see such a big opportunity wasted.

• Members

He (Bruce) design more than just the MTS line, I know the the Warhead X2 was his, not sure about the original though, and a few other of those SS amps were Bruces....

I wouldn't mess with the epoxy myself, with my luck I'd destroy the amp, but then again I have he schematic to one of Marks mods, so.... :cop:

and no I'm not giving it out. :p

• Members

I think the Randall thing took off because it was a good product and a unique idea, not because it had Bruce's name attached to it. Not to mention, I doubt there is a company out there that would want it's name associated with someone like Mark Cameron due to his problems.

Reverse engineering of epoxy covered components is easy with a few tools.

I think Mark's big opportunity is in getting his own company back up and running as it should, not in licensing anything. It's a shame to see such a big opportunity wasted.

Yup. Bruce Egnater changed the face of the industry. Mark Cameron scams people out of big money on the promise of an over-hyped, unoriginal amp.

Egnater > Cameron

Also, looks like Brad over at Rig-Talk is going to approach Cameron about fully handing over reigns to the Cameron amp enterprise to him and Brad will front the money for production and Mark will just get some kind of percentage of the take-home after all existing orders have been either fulfilled or refunded.

It's an interesting gesture, but I personally wouldn't touch anything associated with Cameron with a 10 foot pole. The ONLY way I'd get into that mess is if I had complete, no-questions-asked control over EVERYTHING and Cameron was completely out of the equation.

• Members

I agree the best thing for Cameron is to get hired by a company to design amps and let them deal with the business side of it.

However, that should ONLY happen after he refunds everybody OR delivers all the amps he already got paid for OR does time in federal prison for scamming people across state lines.

Once that's taken care of, I hope he finds a job designing for an established company so we can all benefit from his ideas without having to get scammed in the process.

• Members
Yup. Bruce Egnater changed the face of the industry. Mark Cameron scams people out of big money on the promise of an over-hyped, unoriginal amp.

Egnater > Cameron

Also, looks like Brad over at Rig-Talk is going to approach Cameron about fully handing over reigns to the Cameron amp enterprise to him and Brad will front the money for production and Mark will just get some kind of percentage of the take-home after all existing orders have been either fulfilled or refunded.

It's an interesting gesture, but I personally wouldn't touch anything associated with Cameron with a 10 foot pole. The ONLY way I'd get into that mess is if I had complete, no-questions-asked control over EVERYTHING and Cameron was completely out of the equation.

Yupp, it's obvious MC can't manage his own affairs, i'm suprised so many people keep bailing him out.:facepalm:

Archived