Would Anyone Here Like to Help Mark Cameron?

THEE HAMMER

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I love how this thread went from " Help Mark " to " who has his amp schematics?"

Lulzy.

Well, kinda lookin like there have been people out there sitting on these pics and schematics, who have been remaining faithful to him, but have begun to lose interest in protecting this stuff. I dont know Mark, and have never sent him any money for a mod or an amp. Not because I didnt want to, but just worked out that I never had enough cash to do it. Say what you will about him or his amps, you cant deny that they sound fantastic. There are other amp guys who build stuff that sounds great also. Are they better than a Cameron? I dont know, dont care. It would sure be nice to see him get out of this {censored}hole he's in.

• Members

yeah, thats a completely different Schematic than the one I have.....

I have another one as well. Doesn't look as good as the one I sent and is not labeled like the one I sent is. I assumed they were of the the same amp. I'm not really into the circuits, so it's all Greek to me. lol.

but yes, the pics are of a 1976 JMP with the Cameron Jose High/Low gain from when I owned the amp. Someone before me de-gooped it, cloned it and sold it, and it was cloned/resold and cloned/resold and cloned/resold, etc., etc. as far as I know I didn't care enough about it bother trying to clone and flip. I just flipped it. I assumed the schematics I had were of the amp made when it was cloned. It is now owned by Guitarlegend1986 who sold his CCV when he got it. I personally thought the CCV killed the Jose mod, but they really aren't that similar of amps.

• Members

which one? the one that came with the pictures, or the one posted above, thats all over the net?

The one that is all over the net is a legit schematic for one flavor of Jose Arredondo's Marshall mods - Mark went beyond this with his "Jose" mod, which is just based on this schematic

The schematic that is posted with the pictures is not relevant to the pictures...

Bottom line - neither is gonna get you what is in the pictures. That you have to figure out from the pictures themselves and the text...

Steve

• Members

The one that is all over the net is a legit schematic for one flavor of Jose Arredondo's Marshall mods - Mark went beyond this with his "Jose" mod, which is just based on this schematic

The schematic that is posted with the pictures is not relevant to the pictures...

Bottom line - neither is gonna get you what is in the pictures. That you have to figure out from the pictures themselves and the text...

Steve

right, I knew that.

• Members

I have another one as well. Doesn't look as good as the one I sent and is not labeled like the one I sent is. I assumed they were of the the same amp. I'm not really into the circuits, so it's all Greek to me. lol.

but yes, the pics are of a 1976 JMP with the Cameron Jose High/Low gain from when I owned the amp. Someone before me de-gooped it, cloned it and sold it, and it was cloned/resold and cloned/resold and cloned/resold, etc., etc. as far as I know I didn't care enough about it bother trying to clone and flip. I just flipped it. I assumed the schematics I had were of the amp made when it was cloned. It is now owned by Guitarlegend1986 who sold his CCV when he got it. I personally thought the CCV killed the Jose mod, but they really aren't that similar of amps.

post that one up as well!

• Members

man, i need to buy a jose and de-goop the bastard.

From all the lore I've heard about jose is that almost every amp is different. Some sounded {censored}ing amazing, and some not so much.

I've also heard that When jose died mark bought up a music store full of jose modded amps and acquired most of his hand written notes.

I've also heard that the vtm was reverse engineered from one of the better sounding jose mods (James Brown "designed" that right? Some one should drop him a line about it. Maybe he can give some insight.)

There are clue to some of his better mods out there.

• Members

teh problem with trying to reverse engineer that CCV is that a lot of builders use dummy parts on their PCB's that don't actually do anything but confuse those who try and reverse engineer their designs. Mark may have done this on the CCV/M

I'm reasonably sure the only redundant dummy parts Mark uses are attached to his arms and shoulders.

Archived