What Whiskey Are You Drinking?

.homewrecker.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by HottKarl View Post
Love me some Balvenie:
Balvenie15.jpg

And how can that clear whiskey be any good? All whiskey's start clear and then they get most of their flavor and all of their color from the barrels they age in. I can only imagine that stuff tastes like gasoline. freak.gif
The double wood is awesome.

• Replies 655
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members
Quote Originally Posted by kanamvar32 View Post
fuuuuuu, $250 is too much hahaha.

So what is on your top 5 whiskey list (for stuff under $150/bottle, closer to $50 preferred)

I'm on a huge rye kick so my list will be biased haha but here' what I've been enjoying lately:

Prichard's, it's a super velvety Tennessee think the best bottle of JD you've ever had and make it better $50.

Ri1, Jim Beams primeium Rye, really good, lots of spice but smooth on the throat, got it as a gift and haven't found it in a store yet.

WhistlePig, probably the best rye I've had, pricey at $80 a bottle but I've made it last for a month so far biggrin.gif

Bulliet Rye, awesome and cheap at $23 and a great introduction to rye.

Old Overholt, best sub $20 bottle of booze I've had, also happens to be a rye... made by Beam as well.

• Members

Thanks for the list. Got a good suggestion for a bourbon around $80. Might as well pick up a WhistlePig and a bourbon and spend the anticipated $150 on those 2 instead of a Pappy (since they seem to be way more expensive than I thought haha)

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by kanamvar32

View Post

Thanks for the list. Got a good suggestion for a bourbon around $80. Might as well pick up a WhistlePig and a bourbon and spend the anticipated $150 on those 2 instead of a Pappy (since they seem to be way more expensive than I thought haha)

The thing with expensive whiskeys like that is to collect them icon_lol.gif The great the number of expensive bottles I get the more I can make them last, seems counterintuitive but I've got some bottles from two years ago that I'm still getting my money's worth.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by .homewrecker.

View Post

The thing with expensive whiskeys like that is to collect them icon_lol.gif The great the number of expensive bottles I get the more I can make them last, seems counterintuitive but I've got some bottles from two years ago that I'm still getting my money's worth.

Well, perhaps I'll get the Pappy, and after I finish it (i like to savor fine alcoholic beverages, but they will be finished eventually) I will fill it up with Makers. Then I'll have major snob cred with that bottle on my bar haha

• Members

I have so much whiskey right now, Scotch mostly. Hosted a tasting back in late Jan and have several bottles left over, Balvenie, Highland Park, Glenmorangie, Aberlour, etc. Also have some Laphoriag Quarter Cask and 18 yr old that I've not even crack open yet.

Last night enjoyed some Wild Turkey 101. Love Bourbon,...probably more than Scotch.

• Members

Quote Originally Posted by newholland

View Post

i just polished off a bottle of rip van winkles. lovely stuff. but also had a few snifters fulla catoctin creek roundstone rye. shazam. the mosby's spirit was my last sit down though- and i really like that stuff too.

Mmmm more rye to try. You'll have to give the WhistlePig a shot too, it's 100/100 but you'd never know it was 100 proof.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by Cibyl View Post
I have so much whiskey right now, Scotch mostly. Hosted a tasting back in late Jan and have several bottles left over, Balvenie, Highland Park, Glenmorangie, Aberlour, etc. Also have some Laphoriag Quarter Cask and 18 yr old that I've not even crack open yet.

Last night enjoyed some Wild Turkey 101. Love Bourbon,...probably more than Scotch.
Combination ampfest whiskey tasting on the horizon?

Haha I kid I kid.

• Members
Quote Originally Posted by .homewrecker. View Post
4740361181_e80d12cd4f_b.jpg
I REALLY want to try some good rye. Can't find it anywhere over here. Total Wine might have it, but it's a trek and they're usually pricier.

All I have in the house is Jack. It'll have to do.

• Members

for bourbon, I find the best bang for the buck is 1792. followed closely by Jefferson's and Woodford Reserve, but the 1792 is usually a few bucks cheaper, and just as good.

on the scotch front the Laphroig quarter cask is on the top of my list, although the 18 year is a bit smoother, less smoky.

• Members

This thread makes me happy, much prefer whiskey to beer... for some reason it doesn't give me a hangover like beer does. Though it does turn me into an evil alter ego version of myself, but that's really funny for me so it's another win.

I like to have something cheap on hand to take to parties when the aim is to get drunk, maybe something like this;

w%20Famous%20Grouse.jpg

Because I'm a cheap bastard (Scottish, don't you know!) and then I don't care if anyone else wants to have some.

Then something to just have a wee dram of on boring week nights when I'm not practicing or gigging - something I enjoy the taste of and savour a bit;

isle-of-jura-single-malt-scotch-whisky-3

And then something really corksniffy just so I can point to it and say it's there. Maybe break it out when the queen comes to stay in my castle or one of my enemies pegs it.

Archived