OT: Anyone see new HBO Series "Game of Thrones'?

Wicked_Tone

• Members

Srsly? What a douche.

Yeah, dude's a major dick. Got famous and just stopped giving the slightest {censored}, doesn't realize that it's still his "job" to write. Hopefully the series will keep marching along and catch up to the books and he'll kinda have to get his ass in gear.

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

just saw Episode 3 and man they are hitting the pedal to the metal! they really are trimming the fat with the story and sticking to the meat...adding some stuff in there as well... at least... I don't remember reading one of the scenes from last night's episode.. it did make me laugh though and it does set up Margery to be more than just a pretty face...but... poor Renley lol

• Members
just saw Episode 3 and man they are hitting the pedal to the metal! they really are trimming the fat with the story and sticking to the meat...adding some stuff in there as well... at least... I don't remember reading one of the scenes from last night's episode.. it did make me laugh though and it does set up Margery to be more than just a pretty face...but... poor Renley lol

I remember GM Pycelle being jailed for ratting out Tyrions plan to mary Myrcella to Dorne....But I do not remember Tyrion telling Varys and Littlefinger lies in order to find this out....Did that actually happen in the book or am I just forgetting?

And yes the part with Renley and Margery was lulz. Too bad the guy isnt a least Bi sexual...Shes got some fantastic titties though.

• Members

If I remember correctly Tyrion did give each of them different information just like in the Episode to find out who was ratting him out to his sister... I also remember him roughing up Pycelle way more than what was shown..but... that's no biggy really...

• Members

I'm permanently banned from the Westeros.org website (big Game of Thrones fansite/message board) for saying pretty much exactly this about a year and a half ago.

Worth it. Seriously, dude needs to get all Peter Jackson and slim down before he explodes.

• Members

It still irks me that they cast that bitch as Margery. She is completely wrong for the part, and it makes it worse that she has that incredibly annoying face. I knew I would hate seeing her in that role, and she immediately pissed me off. As nice as the dress looked on her, it was completely wrong for the character.

• Members

That too. It's pretty obnoxious if you read his blog how he prattles on and on about NFL and how he hopes to win awards for his writing and, well, everything -except- actually working on the books.

How dare him give a {censored} about anything but delivering you a book. :o I'm just saying, he put Clash of Kings and Storm of Swords out within ~19 months of each other. I'm sure it {censored}ing sucked doing it and he probably doesn't want to do it again. I probably wouldn't write any damn faster either.

• Members

How dare him give a {censored} about anything but delivering you a book.
:o
I'm just saying, he put Clash of Kings and Storm of Swords out within ~19 months of each other. I'm sure it {censored}ing sucked doing it and he probably doesn't want to do it again. I probably wouldn't write any damn faster either.

Putting out two huge novels in short order is praise worthy. Putting out two meandering books with little plot development in 7 years is piss poor.

• Members

Putting out two huge novels in short order is praise worthy. Putting out two meandering books with little plot development in 7 years is piss poor.

I'm fairly certain he doesn't owe you anything. It is what it is; besides, "little plot" development is really only true in comparison to Storm of Swords, which isn't a fair comparison.

• Members

Yeah, I'm thinking I won't be trying his work ethic at my job any time soon. He can afford it; I can't.

• Members

I'm fairly certain he doesn't owe you anything. It is what it is; besides, "little plot" development is really only true in comparison to Storm of Swords, which isn't a fair comparison.

He makes his living off of it. He ought to at least pretend to put effort into it.

• Members

Yeah, I'm thinking I won't be trying his work ethic at my job any time soon. He can afford it; I can't.

He's a millionaire, he doesn't' have to show up to work every day. Besides, he really did spend several years trying to get the Game of Thrones TV series off the ground and being heavily involved with the writing and casting.

• Members

I was SEVERELY disappointed when they didn't drown Theon. I though that was one of the coolest things in the book when they described the ceremony.

This.

I haven't read any of the books, but from what research I've done, the ceremony involves Theon getting drowned and brought back to life.

I won't read the books, either. Ever. I truly hate reading fantasy novels. Fantasy writing is nothing more than a masturbatory exercise in how lost in details, genealogy, meandering side-plots, and establishing new languages/cultures one can get. We get it, you can think up an entirely new universe where the uber-nerds can suspend their disbelief. Or, in Martin's case, we get it, you can write a series of books based on people/scenarios that resemble European history enough to make it easily accessible for a larger base...no need to ruin it with all that fantasy-writing-based bull{censored}.

• Members
I was SEVERELY disappointed when they didn't drown Theon. I though that was one of the coolest things in the book when they described the ceremony.

I was also dissapointed. I was like YES hes gonna be drowned! Then they just poured water over his head. I guess what's dead may never die doesnt apply to him? heh

• Members

I literally threw up my arms and was like, "WTF!" My GF just looked at me and laughed....

Haha, I know the feeling. While I understand it would be impossible to fully adapt the novels into television, sometimes little things like this deserve to make it into the show. On a side note, I'm about a quarter into Dance With Dragons, although the series peaked at 3 (IMO), I'm still enjoying it.

• Members

Haha, I know the feeling. While I understand it would be impossible to fully adapt the novels into television, sometimes little things like this deserve to make it into the show. On a side note, I'm about a quarter into Dance With Dragons, although the series peaked at 3 (IMO), I'm still enjoying it.

That's exactly where I'm at. About 150 pages into DWD. I dig it thus far.

Archived