OT: Anyone see new HBO Series "Game of Thrones'?

Wicked_Tone

• Members

Ok I'm trying to make sense of all these characters. As far as I can tell, these are all the people who want to be king. I haven't read the books so I have no idea about spelling or anything. Can someone help fill in the gaps here or correct me or whatever?

Joffrey Baratheon (technically Lannister):
mildly retarded teenager dickwad king. Supposed son of Dead King Robert (Baratheon?) and therefore heir to throne. Currently sits on the iron throne in King's Landing.

Stannis Baratheon:
Dead King Robert's brother who claims to be the rightful heir. Has the fire witch lady. He is from ?

Renly Baratehon:
gay king, whose wife has the alien face. And he has the giant woman guarding him. Tannis's brother (?). He is from ?

Balon Greyjoy:
The really old king who loves boats. His son was given away to the Starks as tribute or something weird like that. Always talking about he's made of iron or the family is all about iron or whatever. He is from ?

Rob Stark:
from Winterfell, leading the main army against the Lannisters with the hope of taking out Joffrey. Their family is all about wolves.

Daenerys Targarian:
dragon queen, now leading misfit band in the desert. Apparently her family used to be the long-serving rulers back in the day. She wants to kick out all these jokers and restore her family's dynasty.

?? anyone else ??

fixed

• Replies 547
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I haven't read the books, but i always assumed Jon Snow had a role in the claim of the throne as well.

Well from what has actually been released........No he has no claim what so ever. After Robb Stark claim would fall to Bran, then Rickon. Bastards can't really be king.

But take under consideration that kings can pretty much do anything they want...Including making Jon Snow a Stark.

• Members

But take under consideration that kings can pretty much do anything they want...Including making Jon Snow a Stark.

This is what I was banking on actually. He just seems like a real gung-ho character. Not that i see him getting in the way of Rob, but should something ever happen to Rob....

Again, I have no clue what will happen beyond what is happening now on the series, so... I'm just thinking out loud.

• Members

This is what I was banking on actually. He just seems like a real gung-ho character. Not that i see him getting in the way of Rob, but should something ever happen to Rob....

Again, I have no clue what will happen beyond what is happening now on the series, so... I'm just thinking out loud.

Just remember this....The Nights watch is not supposed to get involved in the affairs of the seven kingdoms...And to do so is against the rules. You saw what happens to people in the Nights watch who break the rules in season 1 episode 1.

• Members

Just remember this....The Nights watch is not supposed to get involved in the affairs of the seven kingdoms...And to do so is against the rules. You saw what happens to people in the Nights watch who break the rules in season 1 episode 1.

Yes, but I also see the fire in his eyes. And Aemon was sort of pushing him one way, because of his own regrets or lack of. Mormont seems to be quite liberal with him as well... at least in the first season.

I know you know what is going on and I don't. I'm just sort of giving my reasons for thinking things.

• Members

Yes, but I also see the fire in his eyes. And Aemon was sort of pushing him one way, because of his own regrets or lack of. Mormont seems to be quite liberal with him as well... at least in the first season.

I know you know what is going on and I don't. I'm just sort of giving my reasons for thinking things.

I just like planting ideas in peoples heads about this series. There are just so many different directions that things can go in this story.

For anyone though who didn't read the books I would highly recommend it. I like the series so much more actually knowing who all 1000 characters are and who is in their family. For example in the last episode when Tyrion was accusing Lancel of {censored}ing Cersei I don't think they bothered to mention in the show that Lancel is Lancel Lannister..Her cousin!

• Members

Was strange to see Tywin there..... if i remember correctly there was another Knight that was supposed to be in charge @ that castle and takes in Arya as his cup bearer, and even then she hid the fact that she was a girl for a bit.... I could be wrong though.. been a while since I read book 2.... but it wouldn't surprise me if they omitted that other knight... time will tell

Harrenhall changes hands a bunch of times. When Tywin leaves to defend Kings Landing, Roose Bolton takes it over, for the north. Later on the "Brave Companions/Bloody Mummers" take it.

• Members

All this theorizing, which may very well be dead on what Martin is aiming at, is a little disappointing in that Id actually prefer a fantasy which doesnt have the outcome rely on a 'prophecy' being fulfilled. The whole 'Dany riding in on her 3 dragons to save the day' is uber corny, and is a bit too disney.

Book Spoiler:

At the end of the last book, Dany only had one dragon. The other 2 took off to parts unknown, and she mentioned that she had little to no control over those 2, having only bonded with that one. I imagine they will turn up in Westeros somehow.

• Members

For example in the last episode when Tyrion was accusing Lancel of {censored}ing Cersei I don't think they bothered to mention in the show that Lancel is Lancel Lannister..Her cousin!

He was introduced in season 1 though. I remembered who he was. I know I was thinking Cersei should have her own incest website.

• Members
Well from what has actually been released........No he has no claim what so ever. After Robb Stark claim would fall to Bran, then Rickon. Bastards can't really be king.

Well none of the Starks have a claim to the Iron Throne, just Winterfell/King In The North.

But we're forgetting in the book:

When Robb thinks his little brothers are dead, he makes a new will and presumably names Jon his heir. He sends one of the Mormont ladies and a Glover (I think) with the will AND Ned Starks bones IIRC, to Winterfell. Though they havent showed up yet. And as Stannis points out, a King can relieve you of your Nights Watch vows.

• Members

Incorrect. Serious ADWD spoilers:

Only one dragon was missing: Drogon. The other two were locked in the dungeon until Quentyn's dumbass freed them. Of course that was after Drogon reappeared in the dragon pit and Dany took off... Barristan Selmy talks about how e other two dragons have taken up residence at the tops of two ofthe pyramids.

• Members

I just like planting ideas in peoples heads about this series. There are just so many different directions that things can go in this story.

For anyone though who didn't read the books I would highly recommend it. I like the series so much more actually knowing who all 1000 characters are and who is in their family. For example in the last episode when Tyrion was accusing Lancel of {censored}ing Cersei I don't think they bothered to mention in the show that Lancel is Lancel Lannister..Her cousin!

They hinted at that - Tyrion referred to him as cousin, which, therefore since Cercei is his sister...

• Members

They hinted at that - Tyrion referred to him as cousin, which, therefore since Cercei is his sister...

In the first season they say several times that Lancel, King Robert's squire, is a Lannister and cousin to Jamie, Cersei, and Tyrion.

• Members

In the first season they say several times that Lancel, King Robert's squire, is a Lannister and cousin to Jamie, Cersei, and Tyrion.

Yeah King Robert is seen chastising him and talking {censored}. Not to mention the one:

that gave King Rob the fortified wine thus resulting in his drunken boar fight. :lol:

• Members

Someone who's read the books, please tell me that Arya gets to kill that little bastid Joffrey. I'm so dying to see that happen.

All I will say is that you can't want anything too much. Martin loves not making happen what you want to happen, but still making you love the story.

• Members
Knowing Martin Arya will get her head cut off a skull {censored}ed at some point.

Arya is becoming rather... less than moral.

I predict:

Bran gets a tree fungal infection and dies.

Dany goes to Vassar college and pledges a sorority.

Ramsey Bolton wins the throne! Jon Snow, in warg/wolf form, becomes Ramseys new 'Bitch'.

Coldhands marries Sansa, and they live in a hole in the ground above the shattered remains of the wall. Cersei hears of this, and commits suicide that shes been outdone in the incest department.

Archived